National project scholarship
Full scholarship or partial scholarship is provided following educational cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached between China and relevant governments, institutions, schools, and international organizations. This program can recruit undergraduates, postgraduates, doctoral students, general advanced students (including Chinese language learners), and advanced students.
Every year from November 1st to March 31st of the following year
Step 1: Applicants submit application consultation to the international student dispatching department of their home country to learn about the application time and acceptance agency number (application deadlines are different, please apply in advance);
Step 2: https://jiangnan.17gz.org/
Apply the Jiangnan University online application system. If the application materials meet the admission criteria of our school, you will receive a pre-admission notice
Submit the application in the Chinese Government Scholarship Application System, choose to type A for the country-specific bilateral project, and the acceptance agency number can be consulted and obtained from the international student dispatch department of the country (please select Jiangnan University as the first choice institution).
Step 4: Submit the application materials to the international student dispatching department of your home country within the specified time (please check with the foreign student dispatching department of your home country for the specific time).
1. Non-Chinese citizens, in good health.
2. Educational background and age requirements:
Those who come to China to study for an undergraduate degree must graduate from high school and be under the age of 25 before enrolling;
Those who come to China to study for a master’s degree must graduate from a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age before enrollment;
Those who come to China to study for a Ph.D. degree must graduate with a master's degree and be under 40 years old before enrollment.
Those who come to China as general scholars must have high school graduation or above, and be under the age of 45;
Those who come to China to study as advanced students must have a master's degree or above or associate professor or above, and be under 50 years of age.
Apply for majors and teaching language
1. All majors of our school can be applied. Please refer to:
2. The language of instruction for undergraduates is Chinese, and the language of instruction for postgraduates and advanced students is generally Chinese. Some graduate majors can be taught in English. For details, please visit http://studyabroad.jiangnan.edu.cn/English/Admissions/List_of_English_Taught_Programs.htm
3. Specialties of our school:
Food Science and Engineering, Bioengineering, Fermentation Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology, Textile Science and Engineering, Design, Computer Science and Technology, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Chinese Language and Literature, etc.
4. Our school offers special Chinese courses online and offline, high-quality teachers, small class teaching; starting class, elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels; supporting calligraphy, handicraft, and other Chinese characteristic cultural courses; offering a series of Chinese cultural lectures, Chinese cultural experience and Investigation and so on.
Full scholarship: free tuition, free on-campus accommodation, free comprehensive medical insurance, subsidized living expenses (undergraduates 2500 yuan/month, master's students 3000 yuan/month, doctoral students 3,500 yuan/month, general scholars and Chinese language students 3000 RMB/month, 3500 RMB/month for advanced scholars)
Partial scholarship includes one or more of the full scholarships.
1. Passport (photo page and visa page)
2. A scanned copy of the highest degree certificate notarized
3. A scanned copy of the notarized highest academic transcript
4. Scanned copies of 2 recommendation letters (Apply for Master's and Ph.D.)
5. Proof of Language Proficiency
6. Research plan (for master and doctoral majors, no less than 1500 words)
7. Medical examination report (within 6 months)
8. Proof of no criminal record
9. Publish an article
10. Professional works
11. Other materials
Remarks: apply online, no need to mail paper materials
The China Scholarship Council will send the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW201 Form) to the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate General) in the host country, which will forward it to the international student dispatching department or the student himself.
Matters needing attention
1. The scholarship recipients must go through the registration and registration procedures following the time set by the school. Those who fail to register without approval will be treated as automatically abandoning their student status, and the scholarship qualifications obtained will be automatically canceled.
2. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual scholarship review as required. Those who fail the assessment will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship.
3. In principle, it is not allowed to change the study major and study period.