Jiangnan University Taihu Scholarship
1. To standardize the management of scholarships for international students and give full play to the benefits and role of scholarships, these measures are formulated. This method applies to:
2. Self-financed overseas Ph.D. students, self-financed postgraduates, self-financed undergraduates, and self-financed language students who have studied at Jiangnan University for one academic year.
(2) Scholarship level and amount
1. First-class scholarship: RMB 12,000
2. Second-class scholarship: RMB 8,000
3. Third-class scholarship: 5000 yuan
(3) Award conditions
1. Ability to abide by national laws and regulations of the school.
2. Actively participate in various social welfare activities, love the collective, and care about others.
3. Study diligently. There are no failing subjects in the course studied within one year, and the academic performance is among the best among international students.
4. The average grade is used as the reference standard for scholarship evaluation, and the specific implementation can be balanced according to the characteristics of the subject.
4.1 Ph.D. students:
4.1.1 The average score of the academic year reaches 90 points, and you can apply for third-class scholarships;
4.1.2 Two high-quality academic papers published in core journals at home and abroad, or one paper is included in the three major searches, can apply for a second-class scholarship;
4.1.3 Two papers are included in the three major searches, or the dissertation is excellent in the "blind review", you can apply for the first-class scholarship.
4.2 Master's degree students:
4.2.1 The average score of the academic year reaches 90 points, and you can apply for third-class scholarships;
4.2.2 Two academic papers of a certain quality are published in domestic and foreign journals, or one paper is included in the three major searches, you can apply for a second-class scholarship;
4.2.3 Those who have two papers included in the three major retrievals, or whose degree thesis is excellent in the "blind review", can apply for the first-class scholarship.
4.3.1 The average score of the academic year reaches 80 points, and you can apply for a third-class scholarship;
4.3.2 The average score of the school year reaches 85 points, you can apply for a second-class scholarship;
4.3.3 The academic year average score reaches 90 points, and you can apply for the first-class scholarship.
(4) Application procedure
1. International students can directly obtain the "Jiangnan University Taihu Scholarship Application Form" (hereinafter referred to as the application form) from the Student Affairs Center of the International Education College, or download the application form from the International Education College website and fill in truthfully as required.
2. The college or the instructor signs their opinions on the application form submitted by the applicant, and the applicant shall submit the application form to the Student Affairs Center of the International Education College.
3. Application deadline: October each year
(5) Evaluation of scholarships
1. The International Student Management Department of the School of International Education reviews the application form and related materials and draws up a list of recommended winners based on the award criteria.
2. The international student scholarship review committee will discuss and determine the list of scholarship recipients, and report to the school leaders for approval.
3. Review time: November each year
4. Announcement method: The results of the review will be announced on the bulletin board of the International Education Institute, the scholarship winner will be notified, and the award will be given at a public meeting.
(6) Scholarship distribution
Before the beginning of December each year, the International Education Institute will issue a one-off scholarship to the scholarship recipients.
(7) International Student Scholarship Review Committee
1. The International Student Scholarship Review Committee is organized by the International Education Institute, and its members are the vice-president of the International Education Institute in charge of international student work, as well as relevant experts, mentors, and management personnel.
2. Responsibilities of the International Student Scholarship Review Committee:
1) Review and determine the list of scholarship recipients.
2) Accept disputes in the awards, accept appeals and organize reconsiderations.
3) Interpretation and revision of scholarship management methods.
4) The daily work of the International Student Scholarship Review Committee is undertaken by the Student Affairs Center of the International Education College.
(8) Number of award-winning students
1. The number of first prize winners does not exceed 4% of the total number of international students in this category.
2. The number of second prize winners does not exceed 10% of the total number of international students in this category.
3. The number of third prize winners does not exceed 15%-20% of the total number of international students in this category.