1. Q: What kind of university is Jiangxi Normal University?
A: Jiangxi Normal University is a university jointly built by the Ministry of Education and the People's Government of Jiangxi Province, and a basic capacity building project university for universities in the central and western regions. The school integrates ten disciplines including philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, management, and art. It is located with a profound historical and cultural background and is known as "the natural treasures of wealth, the outstanding people and the spirits". Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi Province, has a great influence on the political, economic, cultural, and social development of Jiangxi. It has been designated as a key provincial (normal) university for development by the People’s Government of Jiangxi Province. The school has two campuses, Yaohu Lake and Qingshan Lake, covering an area of more than 3,500 acres, a building area of more than 1.4 million square meters, a collection of more than 3.36 million paper books, more than 1.75 million electronic books, 89 databases, ancient books and the Republic of China There are more than 60,000 thread-bound books. The Yaohu campus is surrounded by a 7-kilometer-long Yao River without a wall, which has outstanding ecological and humanistic characteristics.
2. Q: What is the school code of Jiangxi Normal University?
3. Q: How do international students from Jiangxi Normal University calculate room rates?
A: 5,000 yuan per academic year for double rooms and 10,000 yuan per academic year for single rooms.
4. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University live in China alone?
A: If there are extra beds, you can apply for a single room.
5. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University change rooms?
A: No, you should obey the school's arrangements (if there are special circumstances, you need to apply to the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad).
6. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University live in China during the holidays?
A: Yes, if you return home during the holiday, please return the keys to the administrator and take away the valuables for your own safekeeping.
7. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University move to live off campus?
A: Under special circumstances, you must apply for the record to the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad in advance.
Friendly reminder: Within 24 hours of staying outside the campus, go to the local police station to apply for household registration, and notify the office of the new address and telephone number within one week.
8. Q: Can friends or relatives of international students from Jiangxi Normal University come to visit the international students, can they directly live in the rooms of the international students?
A: No, the dormitory for international students is not allowed to stay with other people.
9. Q: What are the eligibility requirements for Jiangxi Normal University to study in China?
A: Applicants must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more, and have at least two years of actual overseas residence records in the last four years (before April 30 of the year of entry).
10. Q: What are the educational background and age requirements for the Jiangxi Normal University study abroad program in China?
A: Educational background and age requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese language training courses must be under the age of 35 and have a high school degree or above.
- Ordinary scholars are under the age of 45 and have a high school degree or above.
- Senior scholars must be under the age of 50 and have a master's degree or above.
- Applicants for a bachelor's degree program should be no more than 25 years old and have a high school diploma or above.
- Applicants for the master's program should be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor's degree or above.
- Applicants for a doctorate are under 40 years old and have a master’s degree or above.
- Applicants should achieve at least 65% or equivalent in all subjects. Admission will be based on academic performance.
11. Q: What are the application materials for Jiangxi Normal University's study abroad program in China?
A: Application materials:
- Submit online "Jiangxi Normal University Study Abroad Application Form" (Chinese or English);
- Scanned copy of passport (with photo page and all visa and residence permit pages issued by China);
- Notarized highest education certificate (Chinese or English). Students in school must submit the school certificate and pre-graduation certificate issued by the school they are attending;
- Transcript (Chinese or English). Applicants for science and engineering majors must provide mathematics, physics, and chemistry; applicants for economics and management majors must provide mathematics;
- Study or research plan in China (Chinese or English). No less than 200 words for undergraduate students, no less than 500 words for advanced students, and no less than 800 words for graduate students;
- Recommendation letter (Chinese or English). Applicants for master's and doctorate degrees and senior scholars applying for advanced studies in China must submit two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors;
- proof of deposit. If the study period is less than one year, you must provide a deposit certificate for the expenses required during the study period. If the study period exceeds one year, you must provide a deposit certificate for the first year of study (at least RMB 30,000); scholarship recipients must provide a scholarship Letter issued by the agency.
- Students applying for music majors must submit CDs of their own works; students applying for fine arts majors must provide 2 sketches, 2 colored drawings, and 2 CDs of other works;
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardian in China;
- Those who study in China for more than 6 months must submit a copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (the original is kept by the person. The form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department.
- If you have obtained the HSK score report, please attach a copy to the application materials.
- Consent to Assignment. Scholars who enroll or transfer to other schools should provide the transfer consent form issued by the original school when applying to our school.
12. Q: What is the Confucius Institute Scholarship of Jiangxi Normal University?
A: To train qualified Chinese teachers and promote the dissemination of Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launched the "Confucius Institute Scholarship" to subsidize outstanding students, scholars and in-service Chinese teachers recommended by the Confucius Institute, and self-run Confucius Classrooms And some HSK test centers went to Chinese universities to study.
13. Q: What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship of the Confucius Institute at Jiangxi Normal University?
A: Eligibility for application:
- Non-Chinese citizen
- Good physical and mental health, good academic performance and behavior
- Interested in a career in Chinese teaching or international promotion in the future.
- Between the ages of 16-35, the current Chinese teacher should be under 45 years old, and undergraduate students should be under 25 years old.
14. Q: What is the scope and standard of the Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship of Jiangxi Normal University?
A: Scholarship scope and standards:
- Class A: 25,000 yuan/year, outstanding foreign students with doctoral and master's degrees from institutions of higher learning in Jiangxi Province.
- Class B: 20000 yuan/year, outstanding foreign students of undergraduates in institutions of higher learning in Jiangxi Province.
- Category C: 6000 yuan/year, outstanding foreign general scholars in institutions of higher learning in Jiangxi Province.
15. Q: How much tuition should Jiangxi Normal University international students pay?
- Advanced students: 14,000 yuan/year, 10,000 yuan/three months, 3600 yuan/month;
- Undergraduate: 14,000 yuan/year (liberal arts), 16,000 yuan/year (science and engineering and management), 21,000 yuan/year (art and sports);
- Master's degree students: 18,000 yuan/year (liberal arts), 20,000 yuan/year (science and technology and management), 27,000 yuan/year (art and sports);
- Doctoral students: 22,000 yuan/year (liberal arts), 25,000 yuan/year (science and technology and management), 33,000 yuan/year (art and sports).
16. Q: What is the payment procedure for Jiangxi Normal University international students?
A: After registering at the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad, after receiving the college bank account, go to the school’s China Construction Bank to pay tuition, insurance, etc.
17. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University pay in US dollars directly?
A: No, please go to the bank to exchange USD into RMB before paying the fee.
18. Q: When do international students from Jiangxi Normal University pay tuition?
A: The tuition fee, accommodation fee, insurance fee, etc. have been paid when registering. Those who fail to pay the tuition fee will be cancelled their study qualifications. If there are special circumstances that need to postpone the payment, a written application must be submitted to the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad. Do not apply for visa residency procedures before the tuition fees are paid in full.
19. Q: When will the placement test be taken for international students from Jiangxi Normal University? How to classify?
A: Students who do not have a basic knowledge of Chinese are directly assigned to the zero-start class. Freshmen who have learned Chinese will be interviewed and assigned by the teacher of the International Education College when registering.
20. Q: When can the international students from Jiangxi Normal University get the class schedule?
A: After paying the fee, present the bank receipt voucher to the Office of Education International Cooperation and Study Abroad to issue a receipt, then go to the college to determine the class, purchase the teaching materials, and receive the class schedule.
21. Q: How do international students from Jiangxi Normal University buy teaching materials?
A: For degree students, please purchase textbooks from the class of your college, and language students please purchase textbooks from the International Education Institute. Please buy the teaching materials before class.
22. Q: What is the contact information of Jiangxi Normal University?
A: Contact information:
- Email: Foreignstudents@Jxnu.Edu.Cn
- Phone: + 86 0791-88120703
- Address: 99 Ziyang Avenue, Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province
- Postal Code: 330022
23. Q: Where do the international students from Jiangxi Normal University take classes? When is the class?
A: Some courses are arranged in Weiyi Building, and professional courses (such as experiment, practice, internship, etc.) are arranged in the dedicated classroom of the department.
Language students and freshmen are usually in the second week after school starts. Classes for undergraduates start from the first week of the semester. Please see the class schedule for specific classrooms and time.
24. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University switch classes?
A: Yes, please contact the headteacher of your college to apply.
25. Q: Can international students from Jiangxi Normal University change majors?
A: Normally not.