Scholarship for international Chinese teachers
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship Referred to as scholarship. focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies abroad, etc. Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors at the Minzu University of China.
(1) Objects of funding
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning.
3. Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching, and related work.
4. The age is 18-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
(2) Scholarship categories and application requirements
1. Doctor of Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a master's degree, with a master's degree in Chinese as a foreign language, linguistics, Chinese international education, or education-related majors. A minimum score of 200 in the HSK test (Level 6) and 60 in the HSKK (Advanced Level) test. More than 2 years of working experience in Chinese teaching and related fields. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Postgraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a bachelor's degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
3. Undergraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test.
4. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
For the direction of Chinese international education, the Chinese language test score must reach 270 points in the HSK (Level 3), with an HSKK score; the Chinese language and literature direction, the Chinese language test score must reach 180 points in the HSK (Level 4), and the HSKK (Intermediate) 60 points; the direction of Chinese language training, Chinese The test score reaches 210 points in HSK (Level 3), and those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
5. One-semester research students (Chinese language and literature)
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Chinese international education, Chinese language, and literature, with a minimum score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK score.
6. Four weeks trainee
Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese language training, traditional Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture, Chinese language + Chinese family experience, etc., with HSK scores. The Confucius Institute can organize a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the headquarters for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
7. About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target receiving institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
(3) Scholarship funding content and standards
The full scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the host institution for the training and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the receiving institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after the scholarship application and the receiving institution’s approval, the school will issue accommodation fees on a monthly or quarterly basis, standard for doctoral students It is 1,000 yuan/month, and the standard for other scholarship students is 700 yuan/month.
3. Living expenses are paid monthly by the receiving institution. The standard for undergraduates, one year, and one-semester research students is 2500 RMB/month; for Chinese International Education and Master's students it is 3000 RMB/month, and for Ph.D. students majoring in Chinese International Education is 3500 RMB/month.
Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the receiving institution, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month living allowance of the month.
Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the host institution, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or receiving notice of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid half a month after the completion (completion) date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented by the relevant regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education for studying in China, and shall be purchased by the host colleges and universities. The standard for four-week trainees is 160 yuan/person, one semester is 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
(4) Application process
1. From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship and submit the application materials online. Those who apply to our school should choose Central University for Nationalities as their first choice;
2. Applicants also need to log in to the International Student Registration Website of the Minzu University of China
Complete online application and upload relevant supporting materials;
3. Follow the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results online. Our school has the right to request an interview when reviewing admissions qualifications. Applicants are requested to check their mailbox regularly to keep communication open;
4. Scholarship recipients confirm with our school to go through the procedures for studying in China and print out the award certificate online;
5. Enter the journal at the time specified in the admission notice of our school;
6. Application deadline (subject to Beijing time):
①Enrollment in July: The deadline for student application is April 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is April 25th;
②Enrollment in September: The deadline for student application is May 15th, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and receiving colleges is May 25;
③December admission: The deadline for student application is September 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and host institutions is September 25th;
④Enrollment in March 2022: The deadline for student application is November 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is November 25th;
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: according to HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before enrollment.
(5) Scholarship application materials
Applicants should ensure that their passport name is complete, their nationality is correct, and their permanent correspondence address is valid. If the following certification materials are not in Chinese or English, corresponding notarized documents are required.
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
3. Recommendation letter issued by the person in charge of the recommending institution.
4. The undergraduate/master/doctorate of Chinese International Education must provide a notarized Chinese/English version of the highest academic certificate (certificate of expected graduation) and school transcripts.
5. The Ph.D. of Chinese International Education must provide two recommendation letters from associate professors (inclusive) or above in relevant professional fields or experts with equivalent professional titles. Provide a personal statement in Chinese (including the knowledge of the subject and the proposed plan, about 3000 words). Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
6. The Master of Chinese International Education must provide two recommendation letters from supervisors with the title of associate professor or above. Priority is given to those who provide a work agreement for the teaching institution to be held after graduation.
7. Serving Chinese teachers must attach the on-the-job certificate and recommendation letter issued by the institution where they are employed.
8. The original copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" shall be kept and filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital is invalid. Because the examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly;
9. Proof of no criminal record.
1. Applicants must meet our school’s enrollment requirements and the deadline for registration, and submit application materials by regulations. Application materials that are incomplete or do not meet the enrollment requirements will not be accepted.
2. If the application materials are falsified or filled out and submitted by others, once verified, the application qualification will be canceled.
3. Scholarship winners cannot register for some reason, they should inform the receiving institution in writing 15 days before the registration date and indicate the reason. Those who fail to register without reason will be disqualified for scholarships.
4. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review of International Chinese Teacher Scholarship".
5. The scholarship qualification will be canceled if the entrance physical examination is unqualified, or if you withdraw from school or suspend students in the middle of the school.
(7) Contact information
School of International Education, Minzu University of China
Address: No. 27, Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China (Zip Code: 100081)
201, Student Affairs Office, School of International Education, Minzu University of China
The contact: Teacher Chen (MS.CHEN)
Telephone (Tel): (86-10) 68934344
Fax: (86-10) 68933459
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
The host institute: College of International Education, Minzu University of China
Address: Office 201, College of International Education, Minzu University of China
27 Zhongguancun South Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing 100081
School of International Education, Minzu University of China