Confucius Institute Scholarship
In order to train qualified Chinese teachers and promote the international promotion of the Chinese language and the spread of Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) has established Confucius Institute Scholarships and entrusted Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius classrooms, and some Chinese language test centers (hereinafter referred to as Hanban). Referred to as the recommending institution) recommend outstanding students and in-service Chinese teachers to study at Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host institutions).
Objects of funding
1. Non-Chinese nationals.
2. Physical and mental health, good character and learning.
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching and related work related to Chinese international promotion.
4. Age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2019). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Scholarship categories and application requirements
1. Master of Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2019, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a university degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation are preferred.
2. Bachelor of Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2019, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test.
3. One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2019, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
3.1 Chinese International Education/TCSOL
Have a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
3.2 Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy
A minimum score of 180 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test.
3.3 Chinese language training
Have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3).
4. One-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2019 and March 2020, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Have a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
5. Four weeks trainee
Enrollment in July or December 2019, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Have HSK scores. The registration is organized by the Confucius Institute, with 10-15 people per group.
6. Cooperation Scholarship between Hanban and Northeast Normal University (Master of Chinese Language Education)
Our school and Hanban cooperated to establish the "Northeast Normal University Confucius Institute Scholarship" to recruit a master's degree in Chinese International Education. The enrollment process and standards are the same as those of the regular Master of Chinese Language Education.
1. Online application
From March 1, 2019, applicants can log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (cis.Chinese.cn) to register, fill in the application form and submit application materials.
2. Recommended by recommended institutions
1) Confucius Institutes operating for more than half a year/independent Confucius classrooms: inquire at www.hanban.org
2) Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) test sites with the right to recommend scholarships: check www.chinesetest.cn
3) Organizers of the overseas competition area of the "Chinese Bridge" competition: Education and Cultural Sections (groups) of Chinese Embassies (Consulates), Confucius Institutes and related educational institutions, please contact email@example.com
3. Comprehensive review
Our school reviews the admission qualifications and pre-admissions. Hanban conducts comprehensive evaluations and awards scholarships based on merit.
4. Check-in at school
Scholarship recipients confirm with the host institution to go through the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificate online; enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the host institution.
The application deadline is:
- April 20 (Enrollment in July).
- May 20 (Enrollment in September).
- September 20 (entry in December).
- November 20 (entry in March 2020).
Hanban will conduct a centralized evaluation, select the best funding, complete the scholarship evaluation work 3 months before enrollment, and announce the evaluation results.
About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have obtained the 2019 "Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. For related professional training programs and teaching courses, you can consult the target host colleges.
2. Applicants must understand the specific enrollment requirements and deadlines of the target host colleges, and submit application materials in accordance with relevant regulations.
3. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Measures for Confucius Institute Scholarships".
4. Failure to register on time, failure to pass the entrance examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
6. Admissions and consulting services
Head of Admissions and Consulting Services: Cui Yan
Work phone: 0431-85099754
Mailing address: International Cooperation and Exchange Office, Northeast Normal University, 5268 Renmin Street, Changchun City, Jilin Province, China
1. Confucius Institute Scholarship Funding Contents and Standards
2. Confucius Institute Scholarship Application List
Appendix 1.Confucius Institute Scholarship Funding Contents and Standards
The Confucius Institute Scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students) and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. The tuition fee is coordinated by the receiving institution for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests. The tuition fee does not include teaching materials and entrance fees to tourist attractions.
2. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the host institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after scholarship application and approval by the host institution will be paid monthly or quarterly by the institution. The standard is RMB 700 /month.
3. Living expenses are paid by the host colleges monthly. The standard for undergraduates, one-year and one-semester research students is 2500 RMB/month; for master students majoring in International Chinese Education, it is 3000 RMB/month.
Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the acceptance letter of the receiving institution, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive the full living allowance of the month; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month living allowance of the month.
Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or receive disciplinary sanctions from the host institution, will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or receiving notice of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (completion) will be paid half a month after the completion (completion) of the date determined by the school.
4. The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China and shall be purchased by the host colleges and universities. The standard for four-week trainees is 160 yuan/person, one-semester trainees are 400 yuan/person, and the standard for one academic year or more is 800 yuan/year/person.
Appendix 2.Confucius Institute Scholarship Application List
1. Proof materials related to all applicants
2. Scanned copy of passport photo page.
3. A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
4. Recommendation letter from the person in charge of the recommending agency.
5. Proof materials related to academic degree students
6. Provide the highest degree certificate (certificate of expected graduation) and school transcripts.
7. The Master of Chinese Language Education must provide two recommendation letters from supervisors with the title of associate professor or above. Priority is given to those who provide a work agreement for the teaching institution to be held after graduation.
8. A master's degree in Chinese International Education must provide a study plan of 800-1000 words.
9. The on-the-job Chinese teacher must attach the on-the-job certificate and recommendation letter issued by the employment agency.
10. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit entrusted certification documents signed by their guardians in China.
11. Applicants must also provide other certification materials required by the host institution.