1. When was Northeastern University established?
Northeastern University was founded on April 26, 1923. It is a university with a glorious tradition of patriotism.
2. What is the area of Northeastern University?
Northeastern University is located in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, the central city of Northeast China. Northeastern University Qinhuangdao Branch is located in Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province. The school occupies a total area of 2.55 million square meters and a building area of 1.8 million square meters.
3. How many majors does Northeastern University have?
Northeastern University is a multidisciplinary university with a focus on engineering, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, science, engineering, management, art, etc. The engineering discipline has entered the top 1‰ of the ESI world. There are 76 undergraduate majors, including 15 national characteristic majors, 15 national first-class undergraduate majors; 24 first-level discipline doctoral programs, 121 second-level discipline doctoral programs, and 36 first-level discipline master programs, 183 second-level disciplines for master's degree, 4 engineering doctoral degree categories and 15 master's professional degree categories; 19 post-doctoral mobile stations; 3 first-level disciplines of national key disciplines, 4 second-level disciplines of national key disciplines, 1 There are 16 national key (cultivation) disciplines, covering a total of 16 secondary disciplines.
4. How many students are there at Northeastern University?
Northeastern University currently has more than 48,000 undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral candidates.
5. Can I apply for a bachelor's CSC Scholarship to Northeastern University directly?
No. You must enquire the Chinese embassy or consulate in your country to apply for undergraduate programs at Northeastern University. If you need a pre-admission letter, please send an email to email@example.com for it.
6. How to apply to Northeastern University?
If you apply for self-sponsored, you must apply at NEU online application system, if you apply for a scholarship, you must apply In accordance with the requirements of the Chinese embassy or consulate in your country.
NEU website: http://studyinneu.neu.edu.cn or http://neu.17gz.org
7. Can I fill in the application and send it to Northeast University but not apply online?
No. You must complete the online application, then submit, and generate the application.
8. If I do not have a passport, can I apply to Northeastern University?
You cannot apply without a passport.
9. Do I need to pay application fee for applying scholarship at NEU?
10. Besides applying master's or Ph.D. CSC scholarship from Northeastern University, is there any other way?
You may apply to the Chinese embassy in your country. If you require a pre-admission letter, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Do I need a pre-admission if I apply to Northeastern University directly?
No. The pre-admission is for applying for CSC scholarship from the Chinese embassy only.
12. How many students can win the scholarship?
It differs every year; usually, 50-100 students can be awarded scholarships every year.
13. I've heard that some of the majors cannot be supported by CSC scholarship, would you please let me know the list?
The following 6 majors cannot be supported by CSC scholarship: (1) English Language and Literature, (2) Russian Language and Literature, (3) Japanese Language and Literature, (4) Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, (5) English Translation, and (6) English Interpretation.
14. When I apply for the Northeastern University scholarship, I want to apply for an additional year of Chinese language preparatory course. Where do I fill in?
You don't need to fill in any information for the additional one-year Chinese language training; we will evaluate your Chinese language level and make the decision.
15. I want to apply for a master's degree through Northeastern University. Do I need my supervisor to issue me the "2021 Northeastern University Supervisor Acceptance of Foreign Study Business Form (Tutor Acceptance Letter)"?
No. This form is compulsory for Ph.D. and optional for master.
16. Is there a shuttle bus inside Northeastern University?
There are two NEU campuses, we are at Nanhu Campus, and some majors are in Hunnan Campus. Transportation for the two campuses.
1) Free Shuttle Bus for international students
The stop on Nanhu campus is outside the International Student Dorm #3, the schedule for the shuttle can be found at the WeChat system
2) Public Bus Line 139
Ticket: 1 Yuan, prepare one yuan by yourself, no change
Stop on Nanhu campus is outside the Southern Gate.
Time to departure from Nanhu Campus:7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 , 18:00, 19:00
Time to departure from Hunnan Campus: 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 , 17:00, 18:00
17. What is the mailing address of Northeastern University?
Postal Address: School of International Exchange, Northeastern University, No. 3-11 Wenhua Road, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning, China 110819
Please use the above address or your dorm number for receiving parcels or letters. Don't forget to write down your name and mobile phone number.
18. What supermarkets are there at Northeastern University?
Supermarket on Campus(To the west of International Students Dorm #3)
Monday- Friday 7:00-22:30
Saturday & Sunday 9:00-22:30
Supermarket outside the Small West Gate
19. How about the traffic around Northeastern University?
Nearby Metro Stations:
From East Gate to Gong Ye Zhan Lan Guan Metro Station: about 1.6km
From South Gate to Shi Tu SHu Guan Metro Station: about 1.7km
Nearby Major Hospital: Shenjing Hospital of China Medical University (Many doctors known English)
From East Gate to Shengjing Hospital: About 800M
Nearby Major Supermarket: Carrefour
From East Gate to Carrefour: About 1.5km
20. How about the campus facilities of Northeastern University?
Swimming Pool (Natatorium)
8 Yuan with Student ID Card (50 Yuan for the people out of NEU)
The opening time and price for facilities differs, don't forget to take the Student ID Card for the student discount price.
Northeastern University Hospital, 220 Meters outside Small West Gate
Everyday 8:00-12:00 14:00-17:00
21. Do you have to pay the electricity bill of Northeast University dormitory?
Every month, the monthly free power for every international student in your dormitory building is 80KWh. Since all the rooms are twin rooms, and there are two persons in one dormitory room, the free power in the room should be 160KWh/month. If in a particular month, the usage of energy in your room is beyond the quota, please contact the dormitory officers for how to purchase.
22. What is the purpose of the campus card of Northeast University?
NEU Student ID Card: The ID card is for the dining halls, swimming pool, gyms, examinations, shuttle bus, etc. The validation for the card show applies. If you don't have the card while you register, please go to apply for the card at the Card Center.
If your card lost, please go to the Card Center to apply for a new card.
The fee for the card is 12 Yuan.
23. Is there a network in the dormitory for international students at Northeastern University?
The international student dormitory is equipped with campus network and broadband, making it easy to access the Internet.
24. Can I rent a house outside Northeastern University?
Yes. However, international students need to obtain relevant application forms and registration forms from the office before moving in and register with the homeowner at the police station of their housing jurisdiction within 24 hours after moving in.
25. Can I work during my studies at Northeastern University?
The Chinese government stipulates that foreign students are not allowed to work during their studies. However, temporary work or internships in our school are possible.
26. During the study period at Northeastern University, how do I go through the procedures for renting a house, changing visas, and entering and leaving the country?
Before going through these procedures, international students must first go to the office to obtain the relevant forms and certificate of opening and closing, and then go to the public security organs with these forms and letters of introduction. The office staff will give detailed guidance on specific procedures.