International Chinese Teacher Scholarship
To meet the international community's increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education's Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, etc. (hereinafter referred to as recommended institutions) Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host colleges) to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors.
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning;
3. Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching, and related work;
4. Age 16-35 years of age (unified to September 1, 2021 dollars). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
Scholarship categories and application conditions
1. Postgraduates majoring in Chinese International Education ( 16-35 years old)
(1) Enrollment in September 2021, funding period is 2 years
(2) Have a bachelor's degree
(3) A minimum score of 210 in HSK (Level 5) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) are required in the Chinese test.
(4) Those who provide the work agreement or relevant certification of the proposed teaching institution after graduation are preferred
2. Undergraduates of Chinese International Education ( 16-25 years old)
(1) Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years
(2) Have a high school degree
(3) Chinese test scores reach HSK (four) 210 points, HSKK (Intermediate) 60 points
3. One academic year trainee ( 16-35 years old)
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
(1) Direction of Chinese International Education
Have a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
(2) Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, Chinese philosophy, etc.
Chinese test scores reach HSK (four) 180 points, HSKK (Intermediate) 60 points
(3) Chinese language training direction
With a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
(4) One-semester research students ( 16-35 years old)
In September 2020, March 2021 enrollment, funding for a period of five months. Those who have X1 or X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy
Applicants must have a minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score.
Tai Chi cultural direction
A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3) is required. Those with HSKK test scores are preferred.
(5) Four-week training students ( 16-35 years old)
- Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks.
- Those who have X1 or X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
- Have HSK scores.
The recommending institution will organize a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the headquarters for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
Since March 1, 2021, applicants please visit the International Chinese Teachers Scholarship registration website (cis.Chinese.cn), apply for scholarships.
Log on to the scholarship website, choose Nanjing University as the school you are applying for, and confirm the major you are applying for. After submission, please pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results in time; applicants who are granted scholarship qualifications should print their certificates online, and confirm with our school as soon as possible to go through the formalities for studying in China, and enter the journal within the specified time. (Contact: Teacher Xu, Email: email@example.com )
Application deadline (subject to Beijing time)
1. 7 months Admission: Student application deadline is April 15, recommended institution, the host institution for the audit deadline April 25;
2 . September Admission: Students deadline for applications is May 15, recommended by agencies, institutions receiving the audit deadline is May 25; September 10 (December admission);
3 . December Admission: Students deadline for applications is September 15, recommended institutions, colleges and universities receiving the audit deadline is September 25;
4 . March 2022 Enrollment: Student application deadline is November 15, the nominating organization, the audit deadline to receive institutions to November 25.
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: according to HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before enrollment.
About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have obtained the 2021 "International Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommending institutions and receiving institutions
The recommending institution and the host institution perform territorial responsibilities by these Measures and provide services such as consultation, recommendation, and enrollment.
Nanjing University is the test site for HSK and can be used as a Confucius Institute scholarship recommendation institution. It selects the best and recommends applicants for undergraduate/ master programs to apply for the scholarship. For details, please contact the Office of the Confucius Institute at Nanjing University.
Contact: Ms. Xu
Contact number: 86-25-83595071
1. For related professional training programs and teaching courses, please consult our school
2. Applicants must understand the specific enrollment requirements and deadlines of the target colleges and universities, and submit application materials by relevant regulations
3. Students with academic qualifications are required to participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Method for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship"
4. Failure to register on time, unsatisfactory entrance examination, withdrawing from school halfway, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualification
Teacher Xu from the Office of the Confucius Institute at Nanjing University
Contact number: +86-25-83595071
Hanban Examination and Scholarship Office
Funding content and standards
Tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except for four-week study students), and comprehensive medical insurance.
The tuition fee is coordinated by the receiving institution for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, cultural activities, and organizing the participation of Chinese tests.
- Accommodation fee
The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the receiving institution to provide students with free dormitories, usually double rooms; those who choose off-campus accommodation after the scholarship student application and the receiving institution’s approval, the school will pay the accommodation fee every month, the standard is 700 yuan/month.
Living expenses are paid by the host colleges every month. The standard for undergraduates, one year, and one-semester research students is 2500 RMB / month; for master students majoring in International Chinese Education, it is 3000 RMB / month.
Scholarship students will enter the journal at the time specified in the admission notice of our school, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled.
Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th ) of the month will receive a living allowance for the entire month; those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half-month living allowance for the month.
Except for normal holidays, scholarship students who leave the school during their studies must apply for leave in writing to the Confucius Institute Office of our school. Full scholarship students who have left China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (excluding winter and summer vacations) will not be paid for their living expenses during their absence.
Scholarship students who suspend or withdraw from school or receive sanctions from our school due to personal reasons will be suspended from the payment of living expenses from the date of suspension, withdrawal, or notification of sanctions.
The living expenses of graduates (end of course) will be paid to half a month after the date of completion (end) determined by our school.
Comprehensive medical insurance
The comprehensive medical insurance premium shall be implemented by the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Education of China for studying in China and shall be purchased by our school.
The standard for four-week trainees is RMB 160 per person
400 RMB / person for one-semester research students
The standard for one academic year or more is RMB 800/year/person
Materials to be submitted by all applicants
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. Scanned copies of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years); before the HSK paper transcript is received, you can use the screenshot of the online score to apply.
3. A letter of recommendation from the person in charge of the recommending institution.
If you want to apply for undergraduates or masters, you also need to submit supporting materials
(1) Highest degree certificate (proof of expected graduation) (not in Chinese or English, notarization required)
(2) School transcripts (not in Chinese or English, notarization required)
(3) The Master of Chinese Language Education must provide two recommendation letters from supervisors with the title of associate professor or above
(4) Give priority to those who provide a work agreement for the proposed teaching institution after graduation
In-service Chinese teachers must provide an in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the institution where they are employed
Applicants under the age of 18 must provide a certificate of entrustment signed by the guardian in China
Other materials that must be submitted to our school will be notified separately by our school.
In the application statement, the applicant must state the applicant's Chinese learning background, study plan, and learning goals in China.
Application materials that are incomplete or do not meet the enrollment requirements will not be accepted.
If the application materials are falsified or filled out and submitted by others, once verified, the application qualification will be canceled.
Scholarship recipients who are unable to register for any reason should inform our school in writing and explain the reason 15 days before the registration date. Those who fail to register without reason will be disqualified for scholarships.
The scholarship qualification will be canceled if the admission medical examination is unqualified, or if you drop out of school or suspend your studies in the middle of the school.