Silk Road Project
To support students and scholars from all over the world to study and research in Chinese institutions of higher learning, to enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from all over the world, and to develop exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries in the fields of education, science, and technology, culture, economy, and trade, China The government have established a Chinese government scholarship. Starting in 2020, the School of Overseas Education and the School of Information Management of Nanjing University will recruit and train Chinese language (business Chinese) undergraduates and masters of information resource management (English-taught) for Chinese government scholarship students for countries along the “Belt and Road”.
Nanjing University is a key comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education of China. Founded in 1902, it is known for its strong strength and rigorous academic research. It is one of the most famous and oldest universities in China.
Nanjing University is located in Nanjing, the ancient capital of the Six Dynasties, surrounded by mountains and rivers. It has beautiful scenery, a superior environment, and convenient transportation. The school currently has four campuses in Gulou, Pukou, Xianlin, and Suzhou, with more than 30 departments and a total of more than 30,000 students. School project located approximately 80 undergraduate, master's degree, more than 170 projects, more than 60 Ph.D. projects. Nanjing University implements a credit system, students can graduate after completing the required credits and passing the graduation thesis defense.
Enrollment categories and majors:
Undergraduate: Chinese Language Major (Business Chinese)
Master student: major in information resource management
1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen, nationality must be among the countries along the "Belt and Road", and be in good health.
2. Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements: applicants for an undergraduate degree must have a high school degree or above, aged between 18 and 25; applicants for a master's degree, must have a bachelor's degree or above, and be under 35 years old.
1) Fresh graduates who have not obtained a graduation certificate at the time of application need to provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by their school to prove that the applicant will be able to successfully graduate and obtain a graduation certificate before July of the enrollment year.
2) Students who have received other Chinese scholarships for 2021-2022 will not accept applications.
Language requirements for admission and graduation of scholarship students:
Chinese Language Major
Entrance requirements: New HSK Level 5 (above 180 points).
Graduation requirement: New HSK Level 6 (above 180 points).
Information Resource Management Major
Entrance requirements: TOEFL score of 85 or above, IELTS score of 6.0 or above (Nanjing University’s TOEFL score acceptance code is C288), or Duolingo score of 100 or above.
Graduation requirement: Pass the new HSK Level 3.
Those whose language level does not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
The length of study for undergraduates is 4 years;
The study period for master students is 2 years.
Discipline and annual review requirements for scholarship students :
Scholarship students in Nanjing University full-time study, to strictly abide by school rules and discipline during the "Nanjing University scholarship student code of conduct", learning, research and writing papers were completed at the school, does not support remote teaching (except during the epidemic), Does not support school transfer. Except for holidays, in principle, students are not allowed to leave school during the semester, including returning home to visit relatives, access to information or internships, etc. If there are special circumstances, they must apply and show the consent letter of the tutor and the department. Can leave school short-term. Those who deliberately violate disciplines or leave school without reason during the semester will be suspended or disqualified for scholarships.
According to the regulations of the China Scholarship Council, all scholarship students of this project must participate in the annual scholarship review. The review period is from March to May each year. Only those who pass the review can continue to enjoy the scholarship, and those who fail the annual review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship.
This project includes two types of funding: full scholarship and partial scholarship. Among them, the full scholarship includes:
1. Study fees: free of tuition.
2. Living expenses: Students will receive a monthly living allowance of 2500 yuan (undergraduates) and 3000 yuan (master students) during the scholarship period.
3. Medical insurance fee: 800 yuan/academic year, scholarship students need to purchase comprehensive medical insurance as required during their stay in school.
4. Housing: Students can live in Nanjing University's international student dormitory for free within the specified period of the scholarship.
Part of the scholarship includes living expenses, medical insurance premiums, and accommodation subsidies, and students need to bear the tuition. The tuition standard for a Chinese language major is 21,000 yuan/academic year, and the tuition standard for an information resource management major is 35,000 yuan/academic year.
Applicants need to apply both on the website of the China Scholarship Council and the Nanjing University International Student Online Service System. The application steps are:
1. Log in to the online registration system of the China Scholarship Council http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ to register and apply online. After filling in the online application information in detail (the acceptance agency number please fill in " 10284 ", the type of study abroad program please select " B ", applicants for undergraduate majors please select "Chinese Language", applicants for master's majors please select "Library Information"), apply The applicant should click the "Submit" button and follow the prompts to download the application form.
2. Log Nanjing University International Student Services Online system http://istudy.nju.edu.cn /, online registration and application (learning project, please select "Chinese Government Scholarship").
When applying on the Nanjing University system, the following materials must be uploaded.
1) "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form";
2) Proof of final academic qualifications;
3) Transcripts during school;
4) Two recommendation letters from the teacher of the last graduated school (the recommender of the master applicant should be at least an associate professor);
5) New Chinese Proficiency Test ( HSK ) certificate (for those applying for Chinese language majors) / IELTS, TOEFL, or Duolingo transcripts (for applying for information resource management majors);
6) A detailed study and research plan in China;
7) List of published articles and scientific research results in professional fields, as well as representative works or abstracts (if applicable for master's degree, please provide);
8) Physical health certificate ( Physical Examination Record of Foreigners in Nanjing University.doc );
9) The first page of the passport;
10) Certificate of no criminal record.
※ Documents that are not in Chinese or English must be attached with a Chinese or English translation of the notarized or certificate-issuing unit.
※ Applicants should ensure that the submitted application information and application materials are accurate and true. If there is any inaccuracy, once verified, apply
The admission qualification of the applicant will be canceled.
※ The application period is from January 1, 2021, to March 31, 2021. Nanjing University will promptly enter the application through the system’s internal letter and email.
The promotion will be issued to the students themselves; after the final admission result is approved by the China Scholarship Council Management Committee, the school will pass the admission
Shishu, JW201 visa application form and other materials are mailed to new students. (Affected by the epidemic, announcement of final admission results in this year
The time is still uncertain, please pay attention to the school notice. )
※ Successful applicants will start studying at Nanjing University in early September 2021. Please refer to the admission notice for the specific registration date.
(If affected by the “new crown” epidemic, it is difficult for some admitted candidates to report to the school on time, the school will arrange for online registration.
Please refer to the notification at that time. )
※ Freshmen need to bring Nanjing University Admission Notice, JW201 Visa Application Form, "Foreigner Physical Examination Form", and most
The original certificate of high education (if the original is not written in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation is required) and other materials
Materials for the school to review the scholarship eligibility. If the review fails, the scholarship qualification will be canceled.
For other questions, please contact: Zhong Qiaorui
The public-funded student project supervisor
No. 18, Jinyin Street, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China
Room 514, Overseas Education College, Nanjing University
Postal Code: 210008