Nanjing University of Science and Technology is a "high-level, research-oriented, and international" domestic first-class comprehensive university with international influence. Since 2014, our school has established the "Nanjing Municipal Government-Southern Institute of Technology Joint Scholarship" to support the Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students to encourage and fund outstanding international students in China to study for a degree at Nanjing University of Science and Technology. Please refer to this brochure for specific information such as scholarship amount and funding period.
(2) Application conditions
1. Non-Chinese citizens who are physically and mentally healthy, have a good academic background, consciously abide by Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people;
2. Possess the qualifications to apply for the degree program of our school to study in China (for details, please refer to Nanjing University of Science and Technology Foreign Students Admissions Guide, Nanjing University of Science and Technology Foreign Students Undergraduate Admissions Guide);
3. No other forms of scholarship funding.
(3) Application process
1. Applicants need to complete the online application and send application documents via email at the same time.
Please name the electronic materials with "passport surname_passport number_application number (beginning with 2021).pdf" and send them to
2. Qualified international students in China should log in to the online application system for international students of Nanjing University of Science and Technology before the application deadline
Fill in the scholarship application information online and submit it.
3. Pay an application fee of 500 yuan (approximately US$80).
Note: No matter whether you are admitted or not, the application materials and application fee are not refundable.
(4) Application materials
1. Copy of valid passport information page
2. Notarized copy of the highest degree certificate
If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must also submit a certificate of enrollment and expected graduation time issued by the school where he/she is studying. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. If the applicant is a student who is already studying in Mainland China, he/she must also submit a certificate of enrollment and a certificate of approval to transfer from the school.
4. Proof of language score
Applicants for English-taught courses must provide IELTS transcripts (6.0 and above), TOEFL (85 points or more), or Duolingo (90 points or more); applicants for Chinese-taught courses must provide copies of HSK level 5 and above certificates.
5. Study and research plan or self-report
The requirement is not less than 800 words, written in Chinese or English, and the content mainly includes personal study, work experience, motivation to study in China, reasons for major selection, academic research results, proposed research fields, and research plans, etc.
6. Recommendation letter (Chinese or English)
Those who intend to study for a master's and doctoral degree must submit two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors from the institution where they graduated; those who intend to study for an undergraduate degree must submit two recommendation letters from high school teachers.
7. Published academic articles or academic achievements (for graduate students)
8. Tutor Acceptance Letter
It is recommended that those who intend to study for a master's or doctoral degree should contact the instructor of our school for the major to be studied by themselves, and ask the tutor to fill in the "Nanjing University of Science and Technology International Student Advisor Intended Acceptance Letter.
9. Copy of "Foreigner Physical Examination Form"
Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection results are valid for 6 months.
The guarantor’s financial ability certificate (in-service income certificate, bank deposit certificate, or another financial ability certificate).
11. Certificate of no criminal record
12. Application fee payment voucher
(5) Deadline for application
May 30, 2021
(6) Admission and notification
1. Before August 2021. Our school will announce the admission results through emails and public announcements.
Please note: Nanjing University of Science and Technology has not entrusted any individual or intermediary to recruit students for scholarships from our school for international students in China. For the reception, admission, and related information exchanges about any international student recruitment, use the official email suffix @njust.edu.cn. Please use the official email address suffixed by @njust.edu.cn. Don't believe the paid services and false promises provided by intermediaries.
(7) Scholarship selection criteria
The scholarship selection team will evaluate all applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements. The selection team will use the following criteria (including but not limited to) to select applicants and award scholarships:
1. Excellent academic records and outstanding performance.
2. The ability to comprehensively use the learning results of various subjects.
3. The ability to apply what you have learned.
4. Including team abilities such as cooperation, adaptability, innovation, communication skills, and academic professionalism, rigor, and cutting-edge academic ability.
5. Aspiring to become an outstanding young talent studying at Southern Polytechnic.
(8) Other regulations
1. The duration of the scholarship is the same as the student's school system (award-winning students will no longer enjoy this scholarship if they extend their study period. Such scholarships will be suspended or canceled at the same time if the award-winning students suspend or withdraw from school).
2. All award-winning students must participate in the annual comprehensive assessment of the scholarship between April and May of each year to determine whether they are eligible to continue to enjoy the scholarship.
(9) Transfer and remittance account information
1. If the applicant remits money in China (the following accounts only accept RMB remittance, such as the application fee of 500 yuan):
Account name: Nanjing University of Science and Technology
Account number: 4301017709001057330
Bank Name: Nanjing Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Military Management Branch
The bank account number: 102301000132
2. If the applicant remits money abroad (the following accounts only accept remittances in US dollars, such as the application fee of 80 US dollars):
Account name: Nanjing University of Science and Technology
Account number: 528758191182
Bank Name: Bank of China, Jiangsu Branch
Bank Address: No. 148, Zhongshan South Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China
Payee Address: No. 200, Xiaolingwei Street, Jiangsu Province, China, 210094
(Please write down the applicant's name and passport number in the remittance postscript)
Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the application materials and application fee are not refundable.
(10) Information inquiry and contact information
College official website: http://study.njust.edu.cn/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact number: +86-25-84303136, +86-25-84303232
Application URL: http://admission.njust.edu.cn/
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science and Technology
Building 100, No. 200 Xiaolingwei, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province (210094)
① For related disciplines, please refer to:
② Attachment download: