Southern Institute of Technology Joint scholarship
1. Scholarship content and standards
Nanjing University of Science and Technology began to set up the Nanjing Municipal Government-Southern Institute of Technology Joint Scholarship Program in 2014. In 2018, it provided 220 scholarships to encourage and subsidize outstanding international students to study at Nanjing University of Science and Technology for degree and Chinese language preparatory studies. The scholarship categories are divided into:
1) Full scholarship (40 doctoral students, 40 master students, and 50 undergraduates)
On-campus accommodation is provided free of charge, usually in double rooms; married graduate students with family members who apply for off-campus accommodation can enjoy off-campus accommodation subsidies upon approval by the school. The standard is: doctoral students 1,500 yuan/month, master students 750 yuan/month.
Provide comprehensive medical insurance.
Disburse living expenses. The standard is 3,000 yuan/month for doctoral students, 2,000 yuan/month for master students, none for undergraduates.
2) Partial Scholarship (20 graduate students and 50 undergraduates)
Provide comprehensive medical insurance.
3) Scholarship for Chinese preparatory students (20 students)
A one-off tuition fee reduction of 5,000 yuan for the academic year. If the graduate applicants applying for Chinese-taught courses fail to meet the required HSK Chinese proficiency, they can add one year of preparatory Chinese studies at Nanjing University of Science and Technology. During the preparatory period, postgraduate applicants only enjoy the scholarship for Chinese language students, that is, a one-time tuition fee reduction of 5,000 yuan, and the corresponding scholarship funding content and standards can be enjoyed during the postgraduate professional course.
2. Open professional
Nanjing University of Science and Technology recruits international students in China, which are divided into Chinese and English majors and courses. For detailed enrollment information, please refer to "Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2018 International Students Postgraduate Admissions Catalog" and "Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2018 International Students Admissions Catalog for Undergraduates"
You can also log on to the Nanjing University of Science and Technology International Student Admissions Information Network to inquire about specific undergraduate, master, and doctoral courses, as well as scholarship-related information.
3. Applicant qualifications
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, physically and mentally healthy, and friendly to China.
2) Educational background and age requirements: Applicants must obtain upper-level academic qualifications and degree certificates of the applied degree. In principle, those who apply for a doctorate should not exceed 40 years of age, those who apply for a master's degree should not exceed 35 years old, and those who apply for a bachelor's degree Not more than 28 years old.
3) Excellent academic performance: The academic performance must reach 80 points or more on the 100-point system.
4) Language requirements: Applicants for English-taught scholarships must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher for graduate students, and an undergraduate student must have a score of 6.0; the new TOEFL score (out of 120) for graduate students must have a score of 90 or more, and undergraduate students must have a score of 80 or more; apply for Chinese Students who teach scholarships must have HSK scores above level 5.
5) Students who have received other scholarships will not accept applications.
4. Application date
Before May 30, 2018.
5. Application process/approach
Please visit Nanjing University of Science and Technology International Education College Scholarship Information Website:
http://study.njust.edu.cn/, see "Scholarship
6. Application materials
The application materials to be mailed include the following paper materials
1) The completed version of the "Nanjing-Southern Institute of Technology Joint Scholarship Application Form for International Students in China". This form is automatically generated after an online application.
2) Copy of passport.
3) Notarized copy of the highest degree certificate. If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must also submit a certificate of enrollment and expected graduation time issued by the school where he/she is studying. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4) Academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. If the applicant is a student who is already studying in Mainland China, he/she must also submit a certificate of enrollment and a certificate of approval to transfer from the school.
5) Proof of language score: Applicants for English-taught courses must provide a copy of the IELTS transcript or TOEFL transcript; applicants for Chinese-taught courses must provide a copy of the HSK certificate.
6) Study and research plan or self-report. The requirement is not less than 800 words, written in Chinese or English, and the content mainly includes personal study, work experience, motivation to study in China, reasons for major selection, academic research results, proposed research fields, and research plans, etc.
7) Recommendation letter (Chinese or English). Those who intend to study for a master's and doctoral degree must submit two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors from the institution where they graduated; those who intend to study for an undergraduate degree must submit two recommendation letters from high school teachers.
8) If there are published academic articles or academic achievements (for graduate students).
9) Instructor acceptance letter. It is recommended that those who intend to study for a master's and doctoral degree should contact the instructor of our school for the major to be researched, and please fill in the "Tutor Acceptance Letter". For instructor information, please visit:
10) A copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form", filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners" to conduct inspections. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection results are valid for 6 months.
Please bind the above materials into a book (two volumes in one type) in the upper left corner in the order mentioned above. No matter whether you are admitted or not, the application materials will not be returned.
Application materials submitted in person: Office 225, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 200 Xiaolingwei, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China.
Paper version materials delivery address: No. 200 Xiaolingwei, Nanjing, China, Nanjing University of Science and Technology International Education College Scholarship Application Office, Zip Code: 210094
7. Receiving department
International Student Admissions Office, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science and Technology.
Office 225, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 200 Xiaolingwei, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China.
Post Code: 210094
Scholarship information website: http://study.njust.edu.cn/, see "Scholarship".
Undergraduate consultation email: email@example.com
Postgraduate consultation email: firstname.lastname@example.org