International Chinese Scholarship
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an international Chinese teacher scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independently established Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese departments, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad, etc. (hereinafter referred to as recommended institutions) Excellent students and in-service Chinese teachers can be recommended to Chinese universities (hereinafter referred to as host colleges) to study and further study Chinese international education and related majors.
(1) Funding target
1. Non-Chinese nationals;
2. Physical and mental health, good character, and learning;
3. Aspiring to engage in Chinese education, teaching, and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old, and applicants for undergraduate scholarships are generally under 25 years old.
(2) Scholarship categories and application conditions
1. Doctoral students majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a master's degree, with a master's degree in Chinese as a foreign language, linguistics, Chinese international education, or education-related majors. Have a score of 200 in HSK (Level 6) and 60 in HSKK (Advanced) on the Chinese test. More than 2 years of working experience in Chinese teaching and related fields. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
2. Postgraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a university degree. A minimum score of 210 in HSK (Level 5) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) in the Chinese test. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
3. Undergraduates majoring in Chinese International Education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 4 years.
Have a high school diploma. A minimum score of 210 in HSK (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK (Intermediate) on the Chinese test.
4. First-grade trainees:
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
For international Chinese education, with a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK score; in the fields of Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy, with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate Level) Points: For Chinese language study, with a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
5. First-semester trainee
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted. Chinese International Education, Chinese Language, and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc., with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3), with an HSKK score; Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture, with HSK scores, and HSKK scores are preferred.
6. Four lap trainees
Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese language training, traditional Chinese medicine, Tai Chi culture, Chinese language + Chinese family experience, etc., with HSK scores. The recommending institution can organize a group for registration, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the center for approval in advance, with 10-15 people per group.
7. Joint training project
The center and relevant national education departments, universities, host colleges, and other cooperative scholarships, specific enrollment methods, briefs, quotas, and other information are updated and released on the international Chinese teacher scholarship registration website promptly.
(3) Handling process
From March 1, 2021, applicants can log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Application Website to apply for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship.
Log in to the scholarship website to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions; submit application materials online, pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship review results; scholarship recipients and receiving institutions confirm the procedures for studying in China, and print the award certificate online; press the receiving institution Enter the journal at the time specified in the school admission notice.
Deadline (according to Beijing time):
1. Enrollment in July: The deadline for student application is April 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is April 25th;
2. September admission: The deadline for student application is May 15th, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and receiving colleges is May 25;
3. Admission in December: The deadline for student application is September 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and host institutions is September 25th;
4. Enrollment in March 2022: The deadline for student application is November 15th, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving colleges is November 25th.
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: based on HSK and HSKK test scores and levels, taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed and the evaluation results will be announced about 3 months before enrollment.
(4) About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target host institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) Recommending institutions and receiving institutions
The recommending institution and the host institution perform territorial responsibilities by these Measures and provide services such as consultation, recommendation, and enrollment.
1. Relevant professional training programs and teaching courses can be consulted with the target receiving institution.
2. Applicants must understand the specific enrollment conditions and deadlines of the target host colleges, and submit application materials by relevant regulations.
3. Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review Method for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship".
4. Failure to register on time, unqualified entrance physical examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
(7) Contact information of the center
Examination and Scholarship Office