World Meteorological Organization Scholarship
The " World Meteorological Organization - Nanxin University Scholarship " is a full scholarship program jointly established by the World Meteorological Organization and the Nanjing University of Information Technology to support outstanding young students from developing countries to study for master's and doctoral programs in atmospheric sciences at the Nanjing University of Information Technology.
(1) Funding category, duration, teaching language, and study major
1. Types of funding: 10 postgraduates and doctoral students, the enrollment time is September 2020.
2. Duration of funding: 2 years for master students and no more than 4 years for doctoral students.
3. Teaching language: English.
4. Master's degree: Meteorology, applied meteorology.
Doctoral degree: Meteorology, Climate System and Climate Change, Atmospheric Physics and Atmospheric Environment, Atmospheric Remote Sensing and Atmospheric Detection, Lightning Science and Technology, Applied Meteorology, Marine Meteorology, 3S Integration, and Meteorological Applications, Space Weather.
(2) Scholarship content
The full scholarship includes tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, and living expenses. The World Meteorological Organization subsidizes round-trip international travel expenses and international medical insurance, without the need for recommending units to provide.
(3) Application acceptance agency and application time
Application acceptance agency: Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization.
Application deadline: April 20, 2021.
(4) Scholarship application requirements
1. Citizens of foreign nationality, friendly to China and healthy.
2. Comply with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, perform well, and meet the admission requirements of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
3. Correct learning attitude, excellent grades, CGPA3.0 (4-point system), and above.
4. Applicants studying for a master's degree should have a bachelor's degree, and the age is generally no more than 36 years old (as of September 1, 2020 );
Applicants who are studying for a doctoral degree should have a master's degree and are generally under 41 years of age (as of September 1, 2020 ).
5. Have not obtained any other scholarships from the Chinese government at the same time.
(5) Application process
1. Obtain the recommendation of your country’s permanent representative to the World Meteorological Organization and fill in the World Meteorological Organization Scholarship Recommendation Form
( https://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/dra/etrp/documents/Fellowship-Nomination-Form-en.pdf ) ;
2. Fill in personal information in the online application system of Nanjing University of Information Technology and submit application materials and the World Meteorological Organization scholarship recommendation form, and apply for the pre-admission notice of Nanjing University of Information Technology;
Application URL: https://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do
Note: Please select "NUIST-WTO Scholarship " after entering the application system.
3. Submit the application materials, the World Meteorological Organization scholarship recommendation form, and the school's pre-admission notice to the Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization within the specified time.
(6) Application materials
1. Personal ordinary passport photo page;
2. Notarized highest education certificate;
If the applicant is a student in school, he must submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by the school he is attending, and a post-admission certificate must be submitted after admission. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Transcripts of the highest academic qualifications, texts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English, signed by the recommender and attached with a contact number and email ;
5. Applicants for Ph.D. degree applicants must provide the acceptance letter issued by the doctoral supervisor of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology. The acceptance letter template is available from
6. Study or research plan, no less than 800 words;
7. Published academic papers and academic achievements (please provide if any);
8. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must provide TOEFL ( 80 points or above) or IELTS ( 6.0 points and above) score certificates;
9. A copy of the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners". Log in to the website of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
Fill in English. Applicants should strictly follow the requirements of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
10. World Meteorological Organization Scholarship Recommendation Form;
11. Other supporting materials (please provide if any, such as award certificates, training certificates, etc.).
(7) Admission and notification
1. The Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization will review the basic qualifications of the applicant. Those who pass the qualification examination shall transfer the application materials to Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
2. Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology will review the application materials and admit qualified candidates. The school has the right to make appropriate adjustments to the major chosen by the applicant according to the school's acceptance ability and the applicant's conditions, and determine the admission result.
3. The school will send the Admission List, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Studying in China (JW202) to the Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization before July 1, which will forward them to the students themselves.
4. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change the study major and study period stated in the "Admission Notice" after coming to the school.
5. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual review, which is specifically implemented by the "Annual Review Methods for Government Scholarships of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology".
6. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
(8) Contact Information of the Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization
Education and Fellowships Division,
Development and Regional Activities Department,
World Meteorological Organization (WMO),
Address: 7 bis, Avenue de la Paix, Case Postale 2300, CH 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland.
Phone: +41 22 730 8156
Fax: +41 22 730 8181
(9) Contact Information of Nanjing University of Information Technology
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
Address: No. 219, Ningliu Road, Pukou District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China 210044