Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
To attract and encourage more outstanding foreign students to study and engage in scientific research in Nanjing universities, the Nanjing Municipal Government began to establish the "Scholarship for Foreign Students" (hereinafter referred to as the "Scholarship") in 2013.
(1) Scholarship standards
The scholarship award criteria are 20,000 yuan per academic year for graduate students, 10,000 yuan per academic year for undergraduates (an additional 5,000 yuan per academic year for undergraduates).
(2) Application conditions
1. Citizens holding foreign nationalities, friendly to China, and healthy.
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, perform well, and meet the admission requirements of the applied school.
3. Applicants for undergraduate studies should obtain a diploma or certificate equivalent to a Chinese senior high school graduation, and are generally under 28 years of age; applicants for postgraduate studies should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent academic qualifications, and should generally be under 35 years of age; apply Anyone who is studying for a doctoral degree should have a master's degree or equivalent education, and the age is generally not more than 40 years old.
4. A correct learning attitude, no violation of school discipline and school rules, and excellent grades.
5. Did not enjoy other Chinese government scholarships.
6. Applicants who have the corresponding Chinese proficiency and can provide relevant certification (such as HSK certificate, other Chinese language learning, and examination certificates, etc.) can be considered first. Some majors that are directly taught in English can appropriately relax the conditions.
(3) Application time
From March 1st to July 15th every year. Old scholars who have passed the annual review can apply for consecutive academic years.
(4) Application materials
1. "Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship Application Form for Foreign Students", filled out in Chinese or English. (Please download the form in the "Download Area" of the "Admission Application" column).
2. Notarized highest education or degree certificate. If the applicant is a school student or is already employed, he/she must also submit an enrollment certificate issued by the school or an employment certificate issued by the employer. Non-Chinese or English versions must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts. Non-Chinese or English versions must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Study or research plan in Lai Ning. Please write in Chinese or English.
5. Those who intend to study for master's and doctoral degrees must submit recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors at the graduate school, written in Chinese or English.
6. Applicants with corresponding Chinese proficiency must submit copies of relevant materials such as HSK certificate, other Chinese language learning, and examination certificates.
7. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardian in China.
8. Applicants for Ph.D. degree applicants must provide an acceptance letter issued by the doctoral supervisor of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
9. A copy of the "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners". Applicants should strictly follow the requirements of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection results are valid for 6 months.
10. Applicants for English-taught majors provide TOEFL or IELTS score certificates (not required for native English speakers).
11. Copy of passport.
12. Bank deposit certificate. The amount of the deposit certificate must cover the tuition, dormitory, and living expenses during school. Issued in the name of the applicant, parents, or other guardians.
13. Proof of no criminal record.
14. Other supporting materials (please provide if any, such as award certificates, training certificates, etc.).
International students who have received scholarships can simplify the application procedures and materials when they apply again in the following academic year. The school conducts the annual review, and those who pass the annual review can receive the scholarship for the next academic year, otherwise, the scholarship qualification will be canceled.
The application materials submitted by the applicant will not be returned.
(5) Application method
Applicants login to the online registration system for international students of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
Register an account, fill out, and submit application materials online. For the scholarship program, please select "Chinese Local Government Scholarship".
(6) Admission and notification
1. Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology will review the application materials and admit qualified candidates. Scholarship recipients will receive a notice of registration fee payment sent by the school via email. Please refer to the payment method
2. The school will deliver the Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Studying in China (JW202 Form), and other supporting materials to the scholarship recipients before July 1.
3. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change the study major and study period stated in the "Admission Notice" after coming to China; the tuition fee must be paid in advance
(Tuition standard query website https://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/2832/list.htm ),
Scholarship (undergraduate 1.5 yuan/school year, graduate students 20,000 yuan/year) school year will be issued. Accommodation fees (RMB 1,500 per academic year for four-person rooms for undergraduate and master degrees, RMB 4,000 per academic year for single rooms for doctoral degrees).
4. Scholarship recipients must participate in the annual review, which is specifically implemented by the "Annual Review Methods for Government Scholarships of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology".
5. Scholarship qualifications will not be reserved for those who cannot come to China to study within the time limit for admission.
(7) Contact information
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
Address: No. 219, Ningliu Road, Pukou District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China, 210044
Website: http://www.nudist.Edu.cn/; gjy.nuist.edu.cn