Medical insurance claim procedure
According to the "Cooperation Agreement between the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and Ping An Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd. on the Comprehensive Insurance of Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students in China", the Chinese Government Scholarship students and the China Scholarship Council ”) Other scholarship program students who are responsible for arranging and managing illnesses or accidents during the insured period shall handle medical treatment and claims for the students according to the following procedures:
1. Insurance name: Comprehensive medical insurance for foreign students in China.
2. Insurance content: The comprehensive medical insurance for foreign students in China includes group safety insurance and group additional accidental injury medical insurance, group hospitalization medical insurance, and group high-cost medical insurance (see the insurance manual for details).
3. Application time: The insurance time for Chinese government scholarship students is: every year from 0:00 on August 25th to 24:00 on August 24th of the following year. Scholarship students of other types of projects shall apply for insurance within the time limit specified in the cooperation agreement (see the distribution notice for details).
4. Premium payment: The premiums of the Chinese government scholarship students are paid by the Ministry of Education; the premiums of other scholarship students are paid by the China Scholarship Council.
(2) Medical and accidental injuries
1. Hospitalized due to illness
1) Chinese government scholarship students are hospitalized due to illness, and their school should promptly report the case to the rescue agency designated by Ping An Insurance Company of China. The rescue agency is responsible for handling the procedures related to the student's hospitalization and advance payment (the advance payment service process is attached).
2) Chinese government scholarship students are hospitalized due to illness, but the school does not have a network hospital that cooperates with the above rescue agencies, and the student's school will advance the relevant hospitalization expenses. After the student recovers and is discharged from the hospital, the school will send the receipt of all medical expenses to the insurance company for compensation. All medical expenses reimbursed by insurance benefits are reasonable medical expenses incurred in public hospitals above the third level (except for emergency treatment of accidental injuries) by the public medical standards set by the local health management department.
2. Accidental injury
If a student suffers an accidental injury, his school should immediately report the case to the insurance company and handle the aftermath according to the insurance company’s compensation clause. In principle, the expenses exceeding the insurance maximum limit during the processing shall be borne by the student's relatives or the client.
(3) Claim settlement
1. Rescue institutions advance hospitalization medical expenses: Ping An Pension Insurance Co., Ltd. entrusts Beijing Global Medical Assistance Co., Ltd. to provide hospitalization medical expenses advance services for corresponding online hospitals in mainland China. All medical expenses advanced by the company shall apply directly to the insurance company for compensation.
2. The school advances the hospitalization medical expenses: for the settlement of the student’s hospitalization expenses in advance by the school, a hospital diagnosis certificate, hospitalization receipt (original invoice), hospitalization list and discharge summary, pre-hospital and post-hospital outpatient services related to hospitalized diseases must be issued The original medical expenses, outpatient medical records, and the official seal of the unit's claim application and other materials should apply to the insurance company for the claim.
3. Accidental injury: In case of accidental injury, the student must present a copy of the insured’s passport, disability identification certificate, death certificate, accident and certificate, hospital diagnosis certificate, emergency treatment receipt and hospitalization details, original receipt, stamped with school The power of attorney with the official seal, the school address with the official seal of the school, the original bank account number and other materials shall apply to the insurance company for compensation.
(4) Contact information
Insurance company: Ping An Pension Insurance Co., Ltd.
Contact: Du Xinping 13693381578, Song Qingfeng 1350118061
Contact number: 010-59731677, 010-59731688
Mailing address: 100140, International Students Project Group, 9th Floor, Pingan Building, No. 23, Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing
(5) Service process of advance payment of hospitalization expenses for Chinese government scholarship students
Beijing Global Medical Rescue Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the advance party) is the only executive agency authorized by the International Emergency Rescue Center of the Ministry of Health to implement emergency medical rescue services for people at home and abroad. It is based on the rescue network of the International Emergency Rescue Center of the Ministry of Health and serves its customers. Provide advanced payment services for inpatient medical expenses in corresponding network hospitals in mainland China.
According to the medical advance service agreement signed by Ping An Insurance Company and Beijing Global Medical Assistance Co., Ltd., the hospitalization fee advance service process for Chinese government scholarship students (hereinafter referred to as scholarship students) is as follows:
1. Scholarship students are sent to the International Emergency Rescue Center of the Ministry of Health for rescue due to illness or accidental injury
Online hospitals are provided by the Internet for medical treatment.
2. Scholarship students need to be hospitalized. The teacher of the international student management department of their school (hereinafter referred to as the teacher) should call the advance provider's 24-hour service hotline 400-8105119 or 010-67185217 to report the insurance, the name of the hospital that Zhizhi will be admitted to, and the advance provider will contact you immediately Scholarship students plan to enter the hospital to contact inpatient treatment matters.
3. Within 24 hours after the scholarship student is hospitalized, the teacher must complete the following matters:
1) Fill in the "Network Hospital Hospitalization Expenses Advance Payment Application Form" and affix the official seal of the international student management department of the school;
2) Prepare a copy of the first page of the passport of the insured, so that you can pay 10,000 to confirm the identity of the insured (for this reason, it is recommended that all relevant colleges and universities keep a copy of the first page of the student’s passport in advance);
3) Fax the "Application Form for Advance Payment of Hospitalization Expenses in Online Hospitals" together with the copy of the scholarship students' passports to 010-64062955. After receiving the application form, the advance party will affix the official seal on the "Application Form" and send it back to the school for confirmation.
4. In case of special circumstances and unable to report the case to the advance party, the teacher can directly contact the International Student Insurance Project Team of Ping An Pension Co., Ltd. during working hours (Monday to Friday 8:00 to 18:00).
5. Cases falling within the scope of the exclusion clauses of hospitalization medical insurance shall be handled by the original method.
6. If you have any doubts about advance payment and rescue issues, please call 010-82604588 for consultation.
7. Application form for advance payment of hospitalization expenses in-network hospitals (please fax this form to 010-64062955)