Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Government Scholarship Program
To further promote the “double first-class” construction of Ningxia University, expand the scale of foreign students and attract high-qualified students, the people’s Government of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region has set up Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Government Scholarship for International Students to study in Ningxia. Ningxia University is one of the implementing institutions of the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Government Scholarship Program.
I. Recruitment Categories
The scholarship supports full-time undergraduate students, graduate students, and language students.
II. Recruitment target and quota
Ningxia university enrolls 10 to 15 non-Chinese overseas students who are willing to study in Ningxia as fee-paying students.
III. Qualifications of Applicants
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. Applicants for the undergraduate program must have a high school education and under the age of 25;
3. Applicants for the master program must have a bachelor’s degree and under the age of 35;
4. Applicants for a doctoral program must have a master degree and under the age of 40;
5. Language students have no degree limit, but the age must between 18 and 60.
6. Candidate who has not to benefit from any other scholarship.
IV. Scholarship content and criteria
The applicants need to pay tuition, accommodation, and insurance fees first, and then benefit from the scholarship.
Undergraduate Students 12,800 RMB/person/year;
Master Degree students 16,000 RMB/person/year;
Doctoral Degree students 18,000 RMB/person/year;
Language Students 10,000 RMB/person/year;
Undergraduate Students 6,000 RMB/person/year, double-bedroom;
Master Degree Students 6,000 RMB/person/year, double-bedroom;
Doctoral Degree Students 14,400 RMB/person/ year, single room;
Language Students 6,000 RMB/person/year, double-bedroom;
Insurance: 800 RMB/person/year.
The scholarship includes the following:
Undergraduate Students 1,000 RMB/person/month (grant 10 months/year);
Master Degree Students 1,500 RMB/person/month (grant 10months/year);
Doctoral Degree Students 2,000 RMB/person/month (grant 10 months/year);
Academic scholarship: Only for rewarding degree students with outstanding academic performance. It will be evaluated once a year. There will be one First Class prize for each academic level, awarding 15,000 RMB/person; two Second Class prizes, awarding 10,000 RMB/person; three Third Class prizes, awarding 5,000 RMB/person.
4. Special scholarships:
(1) HSK scholarship, which is awarded to the students who pass the HSK test during the study period in our school. 500 RMB/person for HSK 4; 600 RMB/person for HSK 5; and 700 RMB/person for HSK 6.
(2) Honorary scholarship, which is awarded to the students who have participated in university-level or above level competitions and win the honors of Excellent Grade or above. Students who obtain the national certificate will be rewarded 1,000 RMB/person; students who obtain the provincial certificate will be rewarded 1,000 RMB/person; students who obtain the school-level certificate will be rewarded 500 RMB/person.
The academic scholarship and special scholarship can be enjoyed simultaneously.
V. Application Date
It is usually from early March to late may each year.
VI. Application Procedure
1. Please log on http://www.apply.nxu.cucas.cn, choose the online application and enter the application page, register an account with a non-Gmail or Yahoo mailbox, and then fill in all your information by the instructions;
2. Please be sure to read the "User Manual" carefully before application;
3. Upload the scanned copy of application documents and apply;
4. The admission list will be published on the website of the School of International Education at the beginning of July each year;
5. The school will handle the admission procedures for the applicant (JW202 form, letter of admission);
6. The applicant shall apply for the study visa (X1 type) in Chinese embassies (consulates) with the admission documents issued by the university. (Candidates who cannot enter China during the pandemic must ensure that they can have access to online courses).
VII. Checklist for application
1. The Admission Application Form for Foreign Students, NXU (download and fill in in the admissions system);
2. The first page of the passport within the validity period;
3. Visa page and entry and exit record (if you have);
4. Original of the highest academic qualification notarized by the Chinese Embassy. If you are a student at school, you need to submit a certificate of attendance or pre-graduation issued by the school you are attending. After admission, you must submit the original certificate and notarization of the academic certificate (A notarized translation in Chinese or English is required for any text other than Chinese or English);
5. Copies of diploma and degree certificates and transcripts (A notarized translation in Chinese or English is required for any text other than Chinese or English);
6. Study and research plan in China (no less than 800 words) in Chinese or English;
7. Letters of recommendation. Applicants for a bachelor's degree must submit two letters of recommendation in English or Chinese from their senior high school teachers. Applicants for master's or doctor's degrees must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
8. Electronic photo;
9. Articles published in public journals, etc. (required for Ph.D. candidates);
10. AIDS Laboratory Reports;
11. No criminal record certificate notarized by the Chinese Embassy;
12. A photocopy of the Foreign Physical Examination Record (the original is kept by yourself. This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and can be downloaded at http://sie.nxu.edu.cn) and a blood test report.
Note: After all the above application documents are submitted online, the original copy must be provided at the time of registration. If the passport or documents submitted at the time of application are inconsistent with those submitted at the time of registration, the admission qualification will be canceled, and all costs will be borne by the applicant.
VIII. Contact information
Address: School of International Education, Ningxia University
217 Wencui North Street, Xixia District, Yinchuan City, Ningxia, China,
Phone: 0086-951-2061983 + 86-13995408778
Admission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholl Website: http://sie.nxu.edu.cn
Online registration: http://www.apply.nxu.cucas.cn