Peking University-logo
Peking University




1. Q: What kind of university is Peking University?

A: Peking University is ranked as "double first-class", "211 Project" and "985 Project", and has been selected as "degree authorized independent audit unit", "top-notch student training pilot plan of basic disciplines", "pilot enrollment reform pilot of basic disciplines", "innovation ability promotion plan of colleges and Universities", academic alliance in the 21st century, a forum of East Asian four universities, international public university forum Member of the China Russia Comprehensive University Alliance.


2. Q: How do international students apply for entry visas?

A: International students need to apply for an entry visa at their Chinese embassy or consulate. The documents required for visa application include your valid passport, admission notice (original), and visa application form (also known as JW201 / JW202).

When you get back your passport and visa, please make sure that the embassy returns your admission notice and the original JW201 / JW202 form to you. This is an important document you need to provide to the Public Security Bureau when you apply for a residence permit in China.

Students who have studied in China for more than half a year are required to enter China with an "X1" visa.


3. How long is the validity period of the "X1 visa"?

A: Visa X1 is valid for 30 days. X1 visa holders must apply for a residence permit within 30 days after entering China before they can legally live in China for a long time.


4. Q: What are the documents that Peking University international students need to bring to China?

A: When international students come to the University, please remember to bring:

  • A valid passport and visa
  • Admission notice (original)
  • Visa application form for foreign students studying in China (JW201 / JW202) (original)
  • 2-inch white background photos (at least 2 photos)
  • Physical examination and blood test results or reports (English original)
  • Passport, visa, marriage certificate, and birth certificate of family members (please bring them if necessary)
  • The following personal documents are recommended for you (please bring them if necessary)
  • Medical prescription
  • Report card
  • Original diploma
  • Letter of recommendation


5. Q: What kind of city is Beijing?

A: Beijing is an ancient cultural city with a long history of more than 2900 years. It has the largest number of world heritage sites in the world. It is the first capital city in the world to have a World Geopark. Beijing is the political, cultural, and diplomatic center of China. This city with a population of more than 20 million has become a modern international metropolis. Beijing has four distinct seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter. September and October are autumns in Beijing. The highest temperature is about 30 ℃ and the lowest temperature is about 18 ℃. This is the best season of the year in Beijing. The sky is blue; If you stand at the height of the Forbidden City, you can see the distant Yanshan Mountains, which are both high and quiet. The whole city is very spacious and transparent. It can be said that Beijing is both classical and fashionable.


6. Q: What are the traditional festivals in China?

A: The Spring Festival is the first day of the Chinese Lunar New Year. It is the most important, ceremonious, lively, and characteristic traditional festival among Chinese people. There are many customs, such as eating dumplings, pasting couplets, setting off firecrackers, visiting relatives and friends. Chinese people have been celebrating the Spring Festival for more than 4000 years. Because the Chinese lunar calendar is different from the Western Gregorian calendar, the Spring Festival is usually in January or February of the Gregorian calendar.

Qingming Festival, also known as the outing Festival, is one of China's most important sacrificial festivals. It is a day for ancestor worship and tomb sweeping. Qingming Festival is usually around April 4 of the Gregorian calendar. Spring returns to the earth in April, and nature is full of vitality. Therefore, Qingming Festival is also a day for outings and outings.

The Dragon Boat Festival is the fifth day of the fifth month of the fifth lunar month. It has been celebrated by the Chinese for more than 2000 years. The Dragon Boat Festival is generally held in June of the Gregorian calendar, with eating zongzi and dragon boat racing customs.

The Mid Autumn Festival is the 15th day of the eighth month of the lunar calendar. It is the second-largest traditional festival in China after the Spring Festival. Mid-Autumn Festival has the custom of eating moon cakes and enjoying the moon.


7. Q: What's the traffic like in Beijing?

A: It's very convenient to take a taxi in Beijing. Taxis usually serve day and night. The fare is usually 2.3 yuan/km, calculated according to the mileage. Taxi roof has a "taxi" sign light, the supervision card above the dashboard has the driver's photo, name, unit, and supervision telephone number, the front windshield of the taxi will have a "for hire" sign when you get off, you will print out the fare invoice, you'd better keep the invoice, in case of any problem, you can contact the taxi or its company with the invoice.

The subway in Beijing extends in all directions. It is convenient and fast to travel by subway. At present, 17 lines have been opened, leading to all corners of the urban area of Beijing and nearby districts and counties. You can find them on the map of Beijing. The nearest subway station to Peking University is line 4 "Peking University East Gate Station".

There are many bus lines around Peking University, so it's very convenient to travel. However, due to the rapid development of Beijing City, the bus routes and stop signs often change, which depends on your own observation and control. The specific routes of each bus can be found on the website of Beijing public transport. This website can also find the travel routes in Beijing.

Beijing public transport network: After the beginning of the school, each college will announce the notice of a unified municipal transportation card for undergraduate and graduate students. It will be cheap and convenient to use the card by bus and subway.

When you take a bus, you should stand firm. When you take a taxi, you should fasten your seat belt, especially on the highway, you should pay more attention to traffic safety. When taking a bus, you should pay special attention to keep your certificates and belongings so as not to lose them.

Bicycles are a means of transportation used by many Beijingers. Studying at Peking University, it's a good idea to buy a durable used car. Of course, you can also scan the QR code to pay for the bike-sharing that can be seen everywhere in the city.

Motorcycles and unlicensed electric vehicles are prohibited on the campus of Peking University.


8. Q: What should I pay attention to when traveling in China?

A: International students can travel to other places in their spare time.

When traveling, you must bring your passport and keep your documents and valuables. It is recommended to keep copies of important documents (such as passports) 2 Copies.

You must choose an area in China that is open to foreigners as a place to travel. Without permission, it is not allowed to enter areas and places that are not open to foreigners. For scientific research or academic needs, special approval is required before entering the unopened area. Violation of the above regulations will be punished by the public security organs by the relevant provisions of the "Law of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of Foreigners.

Travel can only be carried out on weekends, holidays, winter and summer vacations. You cannot take time off to travel during the study period.


9. Q: What are the estimated living expenses for international students in China?

A: The living consumption level in Beijing is slightly higher than that of other cities in China. The cost of living depends on many factors, such as the location of residence, the number of trips, etc., so each person's living expenses will be different. The following are some estimates of living expenses (for reference only):

Accommodation: Approximately 4000 Yuan renminbi/month

Diet: approx 1200 Yuan renminbi/month

Transportation, miscellaneous expenses, etc.: about 5000 Yuan renminbi/school year


10. Q: How do make up for the lost passports of international students in China?

A: After discovering and confirming the loss of the passport, international students must immediately follow the procedures below to minimize the loss.

International students should report to the police station where they lost their valid documents and receive a certificate of loss;

Go to the International Students Office to get the relevant certification letter;

Go to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau to issue the passport loss certificate issued by the police station and the certification letter issued by the International Students Office;

Go to the embassy of your country in China to apply for a new passport with the passport loss certificate;

After receiving a new passport, international students must 10 First apply at the International Students Office within the day and then go to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau to apply for visa or residence permit renewal procedures and to update the accommodation registration in time.


11. Q: What are the educational system and semesters for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral students coming to China from Peking University?

A: Undergraduate school system 4 Years, master's degree 2 Years or 3 Years, depending on the profession. The term of study for Ph.D. students is generally 4 years. You can apply for early or postponement of graduation according to the completion of your studies.

Each school year of Peking University is divided into two semesters in spring and autumn. The fall semester is the beginning of the new school year, generally, from 9 from the beginning of the month to the next year 1 month, the spring semester starts from2month the starts to6month. Every school year has two long vacations: winter vacation and summer vacation. Summer vacation is usually two months, and the school will arrange summer courses. Winter vacation is shorter, for 4 Around the week, it is usually connected to the Chinese Spring Festival holiday. The start time of each semester is not fixed and depends on the date of the Chinese New Year. Please refer to the school calendar for the specific start time.


12. Q: What are the programs that can be registered for international students from Peking University in China?

A: International students who come to study at Peking University can choose to apply for undergraduate, master or doctoral degree programs according to their own circumstances; they can also apply for non-degree programs, advanced professional courses, tuition Chinese, engage in special research, participate in the Foundation Program or short-term training programs.


13. Q: What are the basic conditions for international students in China to register for the Peking University program?

A: Applicants must be over the years 18 Non-Chinese citizens who are one-year-old and hold a valid foreign passport, are in good health and conduct, are willing to abide by the laws of the Chinese government and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.


14. Q: What are the Chinese proficiency requirements for studying at Peking University?

A: For General scholars who apply for courses in specialized colleges and departments, their Chinese proficiency must meet certain requirements. The school will take a Chinese proficiency test at the beginning of each semester. Those who pass the test can be selected for the department, and those who fail to pass will be admitted to the Chinese Academy Tutoring Chinese. hold HSK 7 Above or new HSK 6. Those with a certificate above level can directly enroll in the course selection of the department.

The Chinese language requirements for undergraduates and graduate students are determined according to the test or assessment requirements of the project.

There is no compulsory Chinese language requirement for advanced scholars and research scholars, but they must be able to communicate with their supervisors or co-professors.


15. Q: How long does it take for an international student in China from application to admission?

A: From the application deadline until the admission information is issued at least8-10Time of the week. During this period, we will notify you to complete all the application materials, review and evaluate the application materials, and organize necessary examinations. If you are admitted, we will send you an admission notice and related materials. We will try our best to get you admission information as soon as possible, but we may not be able to respond to your letter or email due to limited staff.


16. Q: What is the tuition standard of Peking University's study abroad program in China?

A: Tuition standard:

project name

Liberal arts fees

Science fees


26000 Yuan renminbi/school year

30000 Yuan renminbi/school year


29000 Yuan renminbi/school year

33000 Yuan renminbi/school year

PhD student

32000 Yuan renminbi/school year

40000 Yuan renminbi/school year

General scholar

26000 Yuan renminbi/school year

30000 Yuan renminbi/school year

Senior Scholar

30000 Yuan renminbi/school year

34000 Yuan renminbi/school year

Semester refresher

18000 Yuan renminbi/semester

Foundation Program

36000 Yuan renminbi/school year

Research scholar

3320 Yuan renminbi/month

Note: Tuition fees for short-term training programs vary according to the duration of the study. Please refer to the specific enrollment guidelines.

Please refer to the specific enrollment guidelines for the tuition standards of some special projects.


17. Q: How much is the accommodation fee for international students coming to China from Peking University?

A:Accommodation: Approximately 35000 Yuan renminbi/school year。


18. Q: What are the fees included in the Peking University Scholarship for International Students in China?

A: Peking University Scholarship for International Students in China includes tuition,2000 Yuan renminbi/Monthly living expenses, and medical insurance premiums.


19. Q: What kind of scholarships can be applied for before the admission of Peking University international students?

A: New students from Peking University in China can apply for Peking University Scholarships for Foreign Students and Beijing Scholarships for Foreign Students before enrollment. The funding period is one year.


20. Q: What is the school code of Peking University?


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat