South China Agricultural University
Introduction to international student enrollment
I. Admission Requirements
1. Applicants must possess a foreign passport, obtain a high school graduation certificate or higher degree, be of 18-45 years old and in good physical health.
2. Applicants must pass HSK Level 4 Test.
II. School System and Fees
School System: 4 years (School system of a veterinary program is 5 years.)
Application Fee: RMB 500
Liberal Arts & Social ScienceRMB 15000/Year
Science & EngineeringRMB 15000/Year
Music & Fine ArtsRMB 22500/Year
III. Academic Calendar
There are two semesters in one academic year:
Fall semester (usually September to next January)
Spring semester (usually March to July)
★New students are required to register in September.
Please refer to SCAU Bachelor Major Catalog.
V. Application Deadline and Procedure
Application Deadline: June 10
Application Procedure: Applicants must submit the application documents by themselves or by post to Office of International Students, College of International Education, SCAU by the application deadline.
VI. Application Documents
1. South China Agricultural University INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION form (signed by the applicant)
2. Original or notarized copy of highest education certificate of diploma (notarized Chinese or English translation copy also needed if the original copy is not in Chinese or English)
3. Original or notarized copy of transcripts of all courses for highest education (notarized Chinese or English translation copy also needed if the original copy is not in Chinese or English)
4. HSK certificate (Level 4 or above) (original copy also needed reviewing if photocopy submitted; admission cancelled if forgery found)
5. Photocopy of valid passport
6. 8 2-inch photos (passport-photo size; one glued to the application forms; digital format also needed)
7. CD of own works if applying for music studies or CD of own works including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works if applying for fine arts programs
★Additional application documents may be required when necessary.
★Applicants may send additional documents which can prove their capacity along with the above documents, such as awarding certificate, admission notice of other university, etc.
★Application documents will not be returned.
SCAU will evaluate applicants’ academic background, Chinese proficiency, comprehensive ability and other aspects based on the application documents, and select qualified students. Adjustment of national policy and nation subsidized programs will also concern the admission. Some students may be required an additional interview by a college.
★Admission Notice and Form JW202 will be sent from late June till mid-July.
1. According to the relevant regulations of Ministry of Education of China, international students are required to purchase the medical insurance in China. The designated insurance in SCAU is Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China of Ping An Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd and the fee is RMB 400/semester or RMB 800/year. (See Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China of Ping An Annuity Insurance Company, Ltd.)
2. According to the relevant regulations of Guangzhou government, all types of schools should apply social medical insurance for enrolled students and collect the insurance fees. International students who want to apply for social medical insurance should request it when applying for admission and pay RMB 152/Year.
|Single Room（Air conditioning）||Hot and cold water supply, private bathroom, cupboard, desk, chair, internet port||RMB 1500/Month|
|Single Room（No air conditioning）||RMB 1200/Month|
|Double room（Air conditioning）||RMB 1500/Month|
|Double room（No air conditioning）||RMB 1200/Month|
★The rooms are subject to availability and there is no reservation service. Please pay for at least 6 months before you move in.
X. Contact Information
Office of International Students, College of International Education, SCAU
Address: Room 301, South Building, International Student Hostel, South China Agricultural University, No. 483, Wushan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China
XI. Remittance Information
Bank Name: INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA
GUANGDONG PROVINCIAL BRANCH
GUANGZHOU TIANHE SUB-BR
Bank Address: TIANHE EAST ROAD NO.102, GUANGZHOU
SWIFT Code: ICBKCNBJGDG
Account Name: SOUTH CHINA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITYAccount No.: 3602002609000310520-000000001
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO