Introduction to undergraduate enrollment
Sichuan University currently offers 133 undergraduate programs to international students. The undergraduate programs are 4 years except for architecture and medical programs which require 5 years. The teaching language is Chinese with some courses bilingually in Chinese and English. Bachelor’s degree and graduation certificate are awarded to those who finish all the course work required and pass the thesis defense.
2. Eligibility of Applicants
(1) Foreign citizens under age 25 and in good health;
(2) Certificate of Graduation from senior high school;
(3) HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Report Level 6 or above;
The qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS). The scholarship application should be directed to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates in the applicant’s home country. The application is accepted from early January to early April each year.
3. Materials for Application
(1) The completed Application Form for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China from Sichuan University;
(2) Original or notarized photocopies of senior high school certificate and school transcript;
(3) Certificate of HSK Level 5 or the notarized photocopy;
(4) Certificate of expected graduation certificate issued by senior high school (for applicants who will be graduating from senior high school in July);
(5) Three copies of the applicant’s recent photo (cap-free, 2-inch size);
(6) Two Letters of Recommendation from senior high school/institution;
(7) A photocopy of passport (pages with photo, visa, or residence permit);
(8) For applicants who are studying at a university, additional materials are required: schooling transcript, student status letter, and recommendation from the university;
(9) Supplementary materials upon request.
4. Application Procedure
5. Review and Admission
The application materials will be reviewed and examined by the Foreign Students Affairs Office and the Admission Committee of the department concerned. Once approved, the Admission Notice from Sichuan University and Visa Application Form for Foreigners (JW202/JW201) will be issued in early January for the spring program or early July for the autumn program. The applicants may inquire for admission status via the Online Application System on the website of International Student http://scu.17gz.org/member/login.do.
6. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted students should bring their Passport, Admission Notice from Sichuan University, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as Blood Test Record to the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in the nearest city of their home country to apply for a student visa (X visa). In early September the students shall come to International Student Office Sichuan University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice. The X visa holders must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arriving in China.