Sichuan University's student exchange program only accepts international students from universities with whom we have partnerships. Students interested in applying should check with their university to see if they are eligible and if an agreement with our school has been made. Exchange students should apply through the online application system of Sichuan University.
Further inquiries related to the exchange programs of SCU may be directed to Regional Heads of the International Student Office.
1. Exchange Period:
One semester to four semesters
2. Entry requirement:
There is no requirement for studying the Chinese language.
For academic courses, students should meet the following requirement:
(1) GPA: 70/100, 2.3/4.0 2)
(2) Applicants have completed at least one year of study.
(3) Language proficiency: Chinese-taught academic courses: HSK 5 and above. Applicants will be exempt from providing Chinese proficiency test results if they have obtained their highest degree in an institution where the primary language of instruction is Chinese. Then official proof must be submitted.
(4) English-taught academic courses: No proof of English proficiency is required, but it is strongly recommended for the exchange students to reach the level of TOEFL iBT: a minimum of 80 IELTS: a minimum of 6.
3. Application Procedures:
Documents for Online Application:
(1) Copy of the information page of your valid passport (necessary)
(2) Consent Letter of Outgoing Exchange from the nominee’s home university/Studying Certificate (necessary)
(3) Study Plan
(4) Official academic transcript
(Other documents that should be uploaded are subject to the requirements of each college/school except for the two aforementioned necessary ones.)