Confucius Institute Scholarship
To support the construction of Confucius Institutes, promote the international promotion of the Chinese language and the spread of Chinese culture, and cultivate qualified Chinese teachers and Chinese talents, the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban established scholarships to subsidize foreign students, scholars, and Chinese teachers to Shandong University study.
(1) Enrollment categories and application conditions
The categories of enrollment this year are one-year trainees and one-semester trainees. The enrollment target is non-Chinese nationals, healthy, and generally between the ages of 16 and 35 (in-service Chinese teachers can be relaxed to 45 years old, undergraduate age under 20 years old).
1. One academic year trainee. The funding period is 11 months. For Confucius Institute (classroom) students, overseas local Chinese teachers, Chinese majors, and outstanding HSK test scores, foreign students in China will not be admitted. The Chinese proficiency is not less than 200 points in HSK Level 3 and 60 points in HSKK elementary level, or not less than 200 points in BCT (A) and 200 points in BCT (Spoken).
2. One-semester research students. The funding period is 5 months. Applicants have no experience in studying in China, and their Chinese proficiency is not less than 140 points in HSK Level 2 and 50 points in HSKK Elementary Level, or not less than 120 points in BCT (A) and 140 points in BCT (Spoken).
(2) Funding content, standards, and learning assessment
The Confucius Institute Scholarship is fully funded including tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance. The tuition is coordinated by the school for the cultivation and management of scholarship students, organizes scholarship students to participate in the Chinese proficiency test (HSK/HSKK), and carries out cultural activities. The accommodation fee is coordinated and used by the school to provide students with free dormitories, usually in double rooms.
Living expenses are paid by the school every month, and the standard for one academic year and one semester is 2500 RMB/month. The school is registered for each semester. Those who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive a full month's living allowance; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month living allowance; the living expenses of graduates will be paid to the school's confirmed graduation. Half a month after the previous day; for scholarship students who have left China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during their studies (other than normal holidays), the living expenses during their absence from China will be suspended; living expenses will be suspended if they suspend or drop out of school due to personal reasons, or violate school rules and regulations. The comprehensive medical insurance fee is purchased by the school by the relevant regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education for studying in China, and the standard is RMB 800/person/year.
(3) Application materials
Applicants must log on to the scholarship website, fill in the "Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form", and attach the following electronic documents with supporting materials:
1. Passport photo page.
2. HSK, HSKK score report.
3. Notarized the highest degree of education or proof of study at school.
4. Letter of recommendation. For students of Chinese majors in relevant universities in countries where Confucius Institutes have not been established, a recommendation letter issued by the principal must be attached.
5. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant legal documents entrusting a legal guardian in China.
6. Winners of the "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition for World University and Middle School Students in China must provide scholarship certificates. The winners of each country's sub-contest area must provide a certificate of award and a recommendation letter issued by the organizer of the contest area.
7. Other certification materials are required by our school.
(4) Admission and completion time
One-year research students and one-semester research students can choose to enroll on September 1, 2016, or March 1, 2017. The completion time is early July for the spring semester and early January for the fall semester.
(5) Main courses
Compulsory courses: Intensive Reading, Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, Chinese Culture, General Situation of China, Chinese Characters.
Elective courses: HSK test guidance, calligraphy, Chinese painting, Tai Chi and Chinese martial arts, paper-cutting, folk songs, etc.