2021 Undergraduate Admissions Guide
Shandong University, founded in 1901, is a key comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education of China and was selected into the national "World-Class University" list of Class A universities. The school currently has more than 70,000 full-time students (including 1,560 international students). The school is located in Shandong Province, the birthplace of Confucian culture. It runs schools in Jinan, Qingdao, and Weihai. It has signed inter-school cooperation agreements with more than 200 schools in more than 30 countries and regions. Shandong University has become a famous university with a long history of running a school, profound cultural heritage, strong academic strength, and extensive international influence. It is an ideal institution for students at home and abroad to pursue further studies.
(1) Eligibility for application
1. Non-Chinese citizens who are physically and mentally healthy and hold a valid foreign passport; applicants under the age of 18 at the time of application must submit relevant supporting documents (Annex 1) at the time of application and admission;
2. For those who were originally Chinese citizens and later become foreign nationals, as well as those whose parents are both Chinese citizens and settled in a foreign country, and who have foreign nationality at birth, our school implements the "Ministry of Education's Regulations on Regulating the Acceptance of International Students in Our Colleges and Universities" Work Notice" (Jiaowaihan  No. 12), applicants must submit relevant supporting documents (Annex 2);
3. High school graduation and above.
(2) Application time
Application time for Chinese Government Scholarship: December 18, 2020-March 31, 2021;
Application time for Shandong University International Student Freshman Scholarship: December 18, 2020-March 31, 2021;
Application time for self-financed students: December 18, 2020-May 31, 2021.
Note: To prevent the system from shutting down and unable to submit supplementary materials, it is recommended that applicants complete the application at least two weeks before the deadline.
(3) Admissions Major
The undergraduate majors that our school is open to international students include Chinese-taught majors and English-taught majors. All applicants can only fill in one. After being admitted, in principle, the major cannot be changed
(4) Application method
Applicants must log in to the Shandong University International Student Online Application System to apply online, fill in the application information, and upload the required application materials. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
(5) Application materials
1. HSK Level 4 (210 points and above);
2. Those who have the highest academic qualifications taught in Chinese can be exempt from the HSK certificate, but must provide proof of the language of instruction.
1. Applicants whose mother tongue is English (U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Canada) are exempt from providing English language certification;
2. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide IELTS (6.0 and above), TOEFL (80 points and above / TOEFL score and home test, our school DI code: C296) or other equivalent English proficiency materials ；
3. Applicants whose native language is not English and whose highest academic degree in English, do not need to provide IELTS/TOEFL scores but must submit proof of the language of instruction. The language certification letter should be issued by the applicant's school. The letter must state that the major of the study is taught in English, and be signed by the relevant person in charge and affixed with the school's official seal.
1. Passport personal information page (passport valid until after October 31, 2021);
2. High school graduation certificate or pre-graduation certificate;
3. Transcripts of all courses in high school;
4. Chinese/English personal statement;
Note: Applicants should fill in according to the template provided by our school; applicants applying for Chinese-taught programs should write in Chinese, and applicants who apply for English-taught programs should write in English.
5. Language proof;
6. Physical examination form for foreigners;
Note: Applicants should strictly follow the required items in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" with missing items, no photo of the person posted, or no seal on the photo, and no signature and seal of the physician or hospital, is invalid. The inspection results are valid for 6 months.
7. Proof of no criminal record;
8. "International Student Financial Guarantee Letter" and its guarantee materials;
Note: "International Student Financial Guarantee Letter" must be filled out in Chinese or English; the scanned copy of the guarantee materials uploaded includes a deposit certificate that guarantees reasonable expenses such as study, life, international travel, etc. during the study in China, and a guarantor (application only) A scanned copy of the passport or identity certificate of the person or immediate family member). Except for those who have received a Chinese government scholarship, all other students must provide it.
(6) Application Instructions
1. The uploaded materials must be in Chinese or English. For documents in other languages, the original document and a notarized translation in English or Chinese must be uploaded at the same time. Please use a scanner to scan and upload relevant documents in color. Documents taken by mobile phones or cameras are not accepted, and copies are not accepted. Except for the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" and personal signatures that can appear in handwriting, the other documents provided will not accept handwriting. If the application materials are incomplete, our school will not accept them; our school and the admissions department of the department have the right to request some applicants to provide the original written version/notarized copy of the application materials or the certification documents issued by the designated certification body for further inspection.
2. Applicants should ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate. Once the admissions unit or certification department verifies that it is not true, the application, admission, or study qualifications will be canceled.
3. Electronic documents published by our school and relevant admissions departments through websites and emails or sent to applicants shall be deemed to have been served.
(7) examination and admission
The school selects the best candidates for admission and considers some majors in combination with the video interview situation. International students can log on to the online application system to check the admission results. The admission results of self-financed students will be announced before June 30. The admission results of the Chinese Government Scholarship and Shandong University International Student Freshman Scholarship will be announced no later than September 1. For those admitted, the admission notice and JW201/JW202 form will be mailed by the International Student Admissions Office of Shandong University.
(8) Registration time
Admitted students must register at Shandong University in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice. Upon registration, the original graduation certificate, original language proficiency certificate, etc. will be verified.
1. Registration fee: 400 yuan (paid after obtaining pre-admission qualifications)
2. Check the link of tuition standard:
3. Medical insurance premium:
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, international students in China must purchase medical insurance in China. The medical insurance fee is 800 yuan/year/person. For students who do not purchase medical insurance as required, the school will not process registration procedures. (Please visit http://www.lxbx.net for insurance content and claims procedures)
Excellent full-time international students can apply for the following scholarships:
1. Chinese government scholarship. For specific application information, please refer to:
2. Shandong University International Student Freshman Scholarship. For specific application information, please refer to:
3. For other scholarships, see:
Shandong University provides on-campus accommodation for international students. Students can log in after admission
For inquiries about accommodation-related information on the website, the telephone number: +86(0)531-88365855.
Admitted students must apply for a study visa to China at the Chinese embassy (consulate) in the country where the applicant is located with the admission notice and study visa application form (JW201/JW202). Those who have studied in China for less than 6 months should apply for an X2 visa; those who have studied for more than 6 months must apply for an X1 visa, and apply for a residence permit within 30 days of arrival in China.
Address: Room C301, Mingde Building, Shandong University Central Campus, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China
Postal Code: 250100