Shanghai Conservatory of Music Scholarship
The "Shanghai Conservatory of Music Scholarship for International Students in China" is a special scholarship established by the Shanghai Conservatory of Music for foreign students to attract and encourage outstanding foreign students to study at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. These rules are guided by the spirit of improving efficiency, focusing on actual results, procedural standards, earmarked funds, and scientific management, and carry out application, review, and other tasks in a serious, fair, and just manner, and strive to develop the scale of international students from the Shanghai Conservatory of Music and improve the education of international students and quality.
Scholarship and bursary review organization
The school has established a scholarship and scholarship review committee composed of the Dean’s Office, International Exchange Office, Academic Affairs Office, Graduate Department, Relations, Finance, and Disciplinary Supervision, etc. The leader of the school in charge of international student work serves as the director of the review committee, and the International Exchange Office The International Students Office is responsible for handling matters related to applications.
Management of scholarships and bursaries
The school sets up a special account for scholarships and bursaries, which are used exclusively by the International Students Office of the International Exchange Office, and accept the guidance, audit, and supervision of the school and higher-level departments.
Appraisal ratio of scholarships and bursaries
Determine the number of scholarships and grants based on the actual number of students reported each year, and make appropriate adjustments based on the annual source of students, and select the best for review.
Types and standards of scholarships and bursaries
(1) Type-A scholarship (full scholarship)
It is mainly used to subsidize foreign students who come to our college for short-term exchange studies, or outstanding foreign students from non-agreement colleges who come to our school for short-term study (excluding Chinese language students). Class A scholarship students will be exempted from tuition fees, accommodation fees, comprehensive insurance premiums for students studying in China, and a living allowance of RMB 10,000 per person per semester will be provided.
(2) Type B scholarship (partial scholarship)
It is mainly used to subsidize foreign students who come to our college for short-term exchange studies, or outstanding foreign students from non-agreement colleges who come to our school for short-term study (excluding Chinese language students). Class B scholarship students will be exempted from tuition fees and comprehensive insurance fees for students studying in China.
(3) C-type scholarship
It is mainly used to subsidize long-term foreign students (including undergraduates, masters, and doctoral degrees) who have been studying in our school with excellent academic performance. Each student of Category C scholarship will receive a one-time award of RMB 400 per academic year.
The bursary will subsidize foreign students with outstanding academic qualifications (including the undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees) who come to our school to study, and those with special financial difficulties in their families, in principle, the number of applications per person shall not exceed twice during the school.
Scholarship recipients will receive a study subsidy of RMB 1,000 per academic year.
Evaluation methods for scholarships and bursaries
1. Application qualifications and conditions
(1) Citizens who have held foreign nationality for more than 5 years in good health;
(2) Comply with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, and observe the school discipline and rules of the school;
(3) Have not obtained other scholarships from the Chinese government and the Shanghai government at the same time.
2. Application materialsA/B/C scholarship
(1) "Shanghai Conservatory of Music Scholarship Application Form for Studying in China"
(2) Academic degree certificate or certificate of enrollment (non-Chinese or English version must be attached with the corresponding notarized Chinese or English translation)
(3) Transcript (non-Chinese or English version must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translation)
(4) Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors (written in Chinese or English)
(5) Study plan in China (written in Chinese or English)
(6) My works or special academic achievements (papers, awards, etc.)
(7) Other supplementary materials
(1) "Application Form for Scholarship of Shanghai Conservatory of Music to Study in China"
(2) The family financial status certificate issued by the Chinese embassy in the local consulate (including medical status certificate, etc.)
(3) Transcripts of each semester during the school
(4) My works or special academic achievements (papers, awards, etc.)
3. Application acceptance time
(1) Application time: Please refer to the annual specific notice for details.
(2) Application method: Students who apply for the Shanghai Conservatory of Music Scholarship for International Students in China need to download and fill out the "Shanghai Conservatory of Music Scholarship and Scholarship Application Form for Studying in China" and provide corresponding materials within the specified time as required.
Address for submission of materials: International Students Office of Shanghai Conservatory of Music (Room 203, Old Dean Building, 20 Fenyang Road, Shanghai, China), Zip Code: 200031
Contact number: +86-21-64316745
Contact Fax: +86-21-64310305
Contact: Teacher Wang