Preparatory Program Admissions Guide
1. Enrollment target
It is planned to study undergraduate majors in various universities in Shanghai, international students who have not yet reached the basic standards for entering the professional stage of Chinese higher education institutions in terms of Chinese language knowledge and ability, related professional knowledge, and cross-cultural communication skills.
2. School system
3. Curriculum and teaching arrangements
The first semester is an intensive Chinese language listening, speaking, reading, and writing course with 30 class hours per week.
In the second semester, courses in economics and trade Chinese, mathematics, Chinese culture, comprehensive science, and comprehensive liberal arts will be added, with 30 class hours per week.
The Preparatory School organizes language and cultural experience activities such as Chinese Language Corner and International Cultural Festival.
4. Hardware facilities
The classrooms for preparatory students are equipped with air-conditioning and multimedia equipment. There are also voice classrooms equipped with digital voice equipment. There are also coffee machines, water dispensers, and lounges in the teaching building. Students arrange on-campus accommodation, dormitory equipment: broadband, communal kitchen, laundry room, etc. The school has an international student activity center for students to relax, study, and surf the Internet.
1) Registration fee: RMB 520;
2) Tuition: RMB 17,000 per semester;
3) Comprehensive medical insurance for international students in China: 800 yuan/year;
4) Accommodation fee:
Double room: 60 yuan/person/day; single room: 110 yuan/person/day;
Basic accommodation facilities: desk, air conditioner, refrigerator, independent bathroom, communal kitchen, etc.
Scholarship funding content and standards
The Preparatory School has the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students. The scholarships are divided into four categories:
Tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (RMB 2500 / month), comprehensive medical insurance fee
Class B Scholarship
Tuition, accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance
Tuition fees and comprehensive medical insurance fees
Sponsored tuition fee 5000 yuan/semester
1. Application conditions:
1) Foreigners who are over 18 years old and not over 23 years old;
2) Good health (Need to provide the "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" issued by a regular hospital);
3) Excellent character and learning in high school, with good potential for learning and development;
4) Applicants for the first-class preparatory scholarship must have a Chinese proficiency level of HSK 3 or above, and the average grade point or average score of high school courses (rank): a minimum of 90% of the full mark (Grade Points: 3.6/4, 4.5/5; Grade: 90/100 or A);
5) Reach the scholarship admission requirements of the applied institution;
6) Students applying for scholarships must not have obtained other scholarships from the Chinese government at the same time.
2. Application method:
1) For undergraduate students who plan to study in various universities in Shanghai, please apply through various universities in Shanghai. The recommended university will issue recommendations to Shanghai Normal University. Students can log in to the Shanghai Normal University International Student Online Application System http://apply.shnu Register with .edu.cn and submit application materials.
2) Undergraduate students who plan to study at Shanghai Normal University can apply directly to Shanghai Normal University. Students can log in to the Shanghai Normal University International Student Online Application System https://apply.shnu.edu.cn to register and submit relevant materials online.
3) Students who plan to study at their own expense should apply directly to Shanghai Normal University. Log in to the Shanghai Normal University International Student Online Application System https://apply.shnu.edu.cn, register, and submit relevant materials online.
4) For the specific steps of online application, please refer to Shanghai Normal University International Student Online Application Guide. If you still have other application-related questions, please contact us via email, WeChat, and other contact methods.
3. Application materials:
1) Application fee transfer voucher (RMB 520 or USD 80), which can be paid online (Once the fee is paid, it will not be refunded);
2) Physical health certificate (Need to provide "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" issued by a regular hospital);
3) High school graduation certificate (graduate students can submit the expected graduation certificate; if it is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached, and the original must be verified when registering in China);
4) A complete transcript of high school (if not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached);
5) Applicant's transcript of the college entrance examination or examination of the country where the applicant is located. If there is no such material, the corresponding explanation must be provided (if it is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached);
6) Other award certificates proving personal learning ability or activity ability (if not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached);
7) Chinese learning certificate (HSK level 3 or above certificate or Chinese learning certificate issued by a formal institution);
8) If you have university study experience, you must provide a complete study transcript (if it is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached);
9) Self-introduction (including study plan, etc., no less than 800 words);
10) Personal resume (must specify in detail the study and work experience from graduation from high school to the present, the time must be continuous and complete);
11) Recommendation letter from a high school teacher or related teacher (The recommendation letter must indicate the position, unit, contact number, email, and other contact information of the recommended teacher. If it is not in Chinese or English, it must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation. Pieces);
12) Consent form of guardian (only provided by students under 18 years old and self-financed);
13) Non-criminal certificate (provided by the police station or school);
14) Passport personal information page (applicants who are already in mainland China also need to provide a scanned copy of the current valid visa page or residence permit page);
15) 2 two-inch ID photos (the same size as the passport photo)
4. Deadline for application:
Scholarship students: The deadline for application is May 15, 2021
Self-financed students: The deadline for application is June 9, 2021. It is subject to completing the online application, uploading complete materials, and paying the registration fee.
After a unified review by the Preparatory School, the admission status and scholarship award will be notified by email in early July and will be posted on the website of the International Exchange Office ( http://iao.shnu.edu.cn ). Please pay attention to the applicants to check the registration mailbox in time.
5. Start time:
September 2021 (the specific time is subject to the admission notice). All students must register on time and register for admission according to the requirements in the admission notice.
6. Study time:
From mid-September 2021 to the end of June 2022 (fall semester, winter semester, and spring semester).
The preparatory college implements quarterly reviews. Students in the preparatory college participate in academic evaluations every three months, and dynamically adjust classes and scholarship types based on the evaluation results. After the one-year study period expires, based on the final evaluation situation, students with outstanding performance can apply for the undergraduate level first Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
Address: Office 209/207, North Building, Foreign Guest Building, 100 Guilin Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
Post Code: 200234