Shanghai Government Scholarship
1. The applicant should be a non-Chinese citizen and in good health.
2. Bachelor's degree applicants who have immigrated from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan to other countries should meet the conditions stipulated in "Document No. 2020 of the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China".
3. Applicants should have excellent academic performance and good development potential during the previous study period. For those applying for category A scholarship, the GPA of the previous stage must not be lower than 3.2/4 or equivalent; for those applying for category B scholarship, the GPA of the previous stage must not be lower than 2.8/4 or equivalent.
4. Applicants should be admitted to a degree program at Shanghai Normal University, except for non-Chinese language or literature courses such as English or French.
5. Applicants who major in art, music, and dance are required to submit 4-5 works of art.
6. Age limit (until September 1, 2021)
(1) Applicants for bachelor's degree programs should be under 25 years old.
(2) Applicants for the master's program should be under 35 years old.
(3) Ph.D. applicants The program should not be over 40 years old.
7. Applicants should meet the following language requirements: (the HSK report is valid for 2 years)
1. Art project: HSK (Level IV ) ≥ 180 in each module and the overall sum is at least 60.
2. Science plan: HSK (Level IV ) ≥ 195 overall in each module, at least 65.
3. Liberal arts or management program: HSK (Level IV ) ≥ 240 in each module with an overall sum of at least 80.
HSK (Level V ) ≥ 180 overall and at least 60 in each module.
For related, HSK Chinese Linguistics or Literature Program V ≥ 21 0,70 in each module.
The overall sum of HSK Ⅵ ≥ 180 in each module is at least 60.
Applicants cannot have other Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
Coverage and standards
(Full scholarship) covers the following content (provided for masters and doctorate programs. Applicants for doctoral programs are given priority):
2. Campus Accommodation (Twin Room)
3. comprehensive insurance
4. A monthly living allowance is provided to students, 3,000 yuan for graduate students and 3,500 yuan for doctoral students.
(Partial scholarship) covers the following content (provided for bachelor, master, and doctorate programs):
2. Campus Accommodation (Twin Room)
3. comprehensive insurance
(Partial scholarship) covers the following content (provided for bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs):
2. Comprehensive insurance
For those undergraduate applicants who do not meet the Chinese proficiency requirements, they can apply for the pre-university course of Shanghai Normal University, which can receive the SISP scholarship; after graduating from the pre-university, outstanding students will be given priority to apply for the undergraduate study scholarship.
1. Log in to the website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/), fill in the online application form, and upload all necessary documents.
2. Fill out the online application form at http://apply.shnu.edu.cn, upload all necessary documents and pay the application fee online.
3. Application checklist (please prepare a PDF of the following documents in advance.)
(1) Download the scholarship application form http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/
(2) Scanned copy of passport (passport homepage, JPG, PNG, or PDF)
(3) Applicants living in China should also provide a scanned copy of a valid visa or residence permit
(4) photo (passport size, JPG or PNG)
(5) A scanned copy of the notarized certificate of the complete transcript (including high school, bachelor, or master).
①Applicants for bachelor's degree programs should provide complete transcripts during high school.
②Master students should provide complete transcripts during their undergraduate studies.
③Applicants for a doctoral degree should provide complete transcripts of bachelor's and master's degrees.
(6) A scanned copy of the notarized certificate of the highest academic qualification (including high school, bachelor, or master).
(7) personal statement. It should include your financial status, educational background, academic or work performance, and the reason for applying for the scholarship. It should be written in Chinese or English and must not exceed 1,000 words.
(8) A valid language certificate or report.
(9) Chinese and English non-criminal record certificate issued by the police or the previous school.
(10) Applicants for doctoral degree programs should provide the abstract and content of their master's degree thesis.
(11) Application fee: RMB 520 (USD 80) has been paid to the account of Shanghai Normal University
①Please note that the application fee will not be refunded regardless of whether you are admitted or not.
②The non-English certificate should be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation.
③ An application with incomplete documents shall be regarded as an invalid application.
④The entrance examination (online interview or examination) can be arranged according to the requirements of different colleges or majors. Further information will be sent via email. Please check your email frequently.
Application deadline: May 31, 2021.
Scholarship applications (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply)
and university applications (https://apply.shnu.edu.cn/)
must be submitted before the deadline.
No need to send paper copies.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
The final result will be published on the website of the Office of International Affairs (http://iao.shnu.edu.cn), and only successful applicants can be contacted by email or WeChat.
Successful applicants must pay the required accommodation fees within one week to confirm acceptance. Failure to pay before the deadline will result in the automatic cancellation of scholarship eligibility.
1. Once admitted, the applicant must register by the regulations of the university. If not, the university has the right to cancel the scholarship and acceptance letter.
2. During the study period, all SGS recipients must apply for a student visa (X1) and hold a study residence permit.
3. After registration, scholarship recipients need to provide original qualification certificates for review. If any false documents are found, the provider will be disqualified for the scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients must undergo an annual evaluation. If the university is not eligible for the annual assessment, the university has the right to cancel the scholarship.
5. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their major and study period in principle. Those who change their majors will be downgraded to scholarships.
Phone: + 86-21-64323905
Fax: + 86-21-64321575
Email and website:
Email: iec@worker. shnu.edu.cn
Address: International Students Office, West Campus
100 Guilin Road, Shanghai Normal University