1. What kind of university is Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics is a multidisciplinary key university that focuses on economics and management disciplines and coordinately develops economics, management, law, liberal arts, and science.
2. When was Shanghai University of Finance and Economics established?
The school was established independently in 1932 and named the National Shanghai Business School. At that time, it was the only national undergraduate university in business in China.
3. How many campuses does Shanghai University of Finance and Economics have?
There are three campuses.
4. How big is Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
The school covers an area of 812.9 mu (approximately 541928 square meters)
5. How many students are there at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
There are 20470 students of various types, 8066 full-time undergraduates, 6509 masters, 1335 doctoral students, and 501 international students.
6. How many teachers are there at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
There are 1001 full-time teachers, 234 full-time senior teachers, and 358 deputy senior teachers.
7. How many subjects does Shanghai University of Finance and Economics have?
As of August 2020, the school has 7 disciplines including philosophy, economics, law, literature, science, engineering, and management; with philosophy, theoretical economics, applied economics, law, Marxist theory, statistics, and management Science and Engineering, Business Administration, and Public Administration 9 first-level discipline doctoral degree authorization points, 15 first-level discipline master degree authorization points, 13 master professional degree authorization points, and 7 post-doctoral research mobile stations; have the national "double first-class" "1 construction discipline, 4 national key second-level disciplines (including cultivation), 4 key second-level disciplines of the Ministry of Finance, 6 key second-level disciplines in Shanghai, 6 first-class disciplines in Shanghai universities, and 2 high-level disciplines in Shanghai universities. It has the national "advantaged subject innovation platform"-economics innovation platform and 3 colleges and universities subject innovation and intelligence introduction bases ("111 plan").
8. Which campus should I study at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Zhongshan North 1st Road Campus and the Guoding Road Campus
Language students, first-year undergraduates and preparatory students study at Zhongshan Beiyi Road Campus. Zhongshan North 1st Road Campus is only a 2-minute walk from Chifeng Road Station of Metro Line 3 and a 10-minute walk from Hongkou Football Stadium.
Exchange students who choose English-taught courses, undergraduate students, master students, doctoral students and advanced scholars who start their studies in the second year will study on the Guoding Road campus. Guoding Road campus is close to Metro Line 10 and Wujiaochang business district in Yangpu District.
9. How many people are there in the language class or business Chinese class of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
A language class usually has 10 to 20 students.
10. When is the Chinese language program of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Spring semester (March-June)
Fall semester (September-January of the following year)
11. What courses are available for the Chinese program of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Listening, speaking, writing, intensive reading.
12. What materials need to be submitted to apply for the Chinese language program of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
1) The first page of the ordinary passport within the validity period (valid from the date of application to January 30, 2022)
2) Payment voucher for the registration fee
3) Personal photos
13. How to apply for the Chinese language program of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
1) Pay the registration fee by bank transfer.
*Regardless of whether the applicant is admitted or not, the registration fee is not refundable.
2) Log in to the online registration (http://ao.sufe.edu.cn), fill in the information and upload the documents, and finally submit the application form.
14. What is the bank account of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Payee: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
Bank account number (A/C): 442959257313
Bank account: Bank of China Shanghai Wujiaochang Sub-branch
15. What is the preparatory course of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics? Do I have to attend a preparatory class to enter undergraduate studies?
Students who have more than half a year of a Chinese learning experience but have not reached level 5 in the HSK test, need to take preparatory courses before applying for undergraduate studies in our school. During the preparatory period, the focus is on intensive Chinese and mathematics tuition, with the goal of passing HSK level 5. Students in the preparatory class can take part of the credit courses, and they can get up to 52 credits during the preparatory course. When entering our university's undergraduate study, the credits obtained in the preparatory course can be taken into the undergraduate stage. If you have reached the undergraduate entrance qualification, you can directly enter the undergraduate study without taking preparatory courses.
16. What are the facilities, conditions, and costs of the dormitory for international students at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics? When will the dormitory fees be paid?
90 yuan/day/person (stay for more than 90 days)
60 yuan/day/person (stay for more than 90 days)
Washing machine, dryer, induction cooker, microwave oven
TV, air conditioner, telephone, toilet, bathroom, safe
A deposit of RMB 800 is required upon check-in, and the deposit will be refunded upon check-out
17. I am coming to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics to study, what kind of visa do I need to apply for? What materials are needed?
Depending on your study situation, you can apply for one of the following two visas to come to China:
(1) X1 visa (recommended for academic degree students and language students who plan to study for more than half a year)
Students who apply to study in our school can apply for X1 entry visa to China at the embassies and consulates of the People's Republic of China in foreign countries with our admission notice, JW202 or JW201 forms, and foreign physical examination records (students who have studied for more than half a year). Students holding an X1 visa need to be converted into a residence permit (Residence Permit: a type of visa that allows multiple entries) within 30 days of entering China. To
(2) X2 visa (language students and exchange students are recommended to apply)
Students who plan to study in China for less than half a year can apply for an X2 visa for entry to China for up to 180 days with the admission notice from our school. The X2 visa does not require a physical examination, and you can apply for additional one-entry times after entering the country.
18. I am coming to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics to study, do I need a physical examination?
When applying for a visa to China at the embassies and consulates of the People’s Republic of China, international students outside of China generally need to provide the applicant’s medical examination report ("Foreigner Physical Examination Record") at the same time. Medical institutions in China conduct physical examinations. For specific requirements, please consult the Chinese embassy or consulate in the local area. Students in China can go to the Shanghai Health Inspection and Quarantine Bureau for physical examination.
12. Does Shanghai University of Finance and Economics provide airport pick-up service?
At present, we provide a free pick-up service for groups (more than 5 people arrive at the same time). If you arrive in Shanghai from Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport, we recommend that you take a taxi to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. The cost is about RMB 180 and RMB 90 respectively.
We can also arrange paid pick-up service for you, please call for details.
19. When and what materials should I bring to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics to register?
If you are admitted to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, please bring your passport, admission notice, JW202 or JW201 form, and come to our school to register on the date indicated on the admission notice. Since we have two campuses, please register at the designated location according to the location notified in the "Admission Notice" handbook that we sent you.
20. Do I have to buy insurance to study at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
Yes, according to regulations, all academic degree students must apply for comprehensive medical insurance for international students (accidental injury and hospitalization) during their study in China. The premium is 400 yuan for half a year and 800 yuan for a year.
20. How much does it cost to study at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
The price level in Shanghai is slightly higher than that in the whole country. Apart from accommodation fees, the monthly living expenses per capita in Shanghai are about 3200-4000 yuan.
21. How to apply for off-campus accommodation when studying at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics?
International students coming to China who live off-campus must go to the local police station to register for temporary accommodation within 24 hours of moving into the off-campus housing.
(1) Sign a house lease contract with the house lessor.
(2) Go to the School of International Cultural Exchange to obtain and fill in the "Registration Form for Foreign Students Off-campus Accommodation".
(3) Bring the following materials to the police station where you live to go through the temporary accommodation registration procedures and receive the "Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation for Foreign Personnel".
- The original valid ordinary passport;
- The original "Registration Form of Off-campus Accommodation for Foreign Students" (issued by the School of International Cultural Exchange);
- Original rental contract;
- Original copy of "House Rental Public Security Responsibility Letter" (provided by the landlord).
23. When studying at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, what should I pay attention to in off-campus accommodation?
- During the school period, if the off-campus accommodation address or passport number changes, the off-campus accommodation registration procedure must be re-registered. The procedure is the same as above.
- International students studying in China who re-enter with X1 and X2 visas must go to the police station where the house is located to re-register for temporary accommodation within 24 hours after entry, even if the house address does not change.
- The Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation for Foreigners must be provided when applying for a residence permit, and it must be properly kept and ready for inspection.
- If you live on campus, please go to the dormitory service counter to issue a "Registration Form for Temporary Accommodation for Foreigners".