Shanghai Government Scholarship
1. Funding projects
Chinese-taught undergraduate and graduate programs
* For enrollment majors, please refer to the website of International Cultural Exchange College-Enrollment Information.
2. The funding period
4 academic years for undergraduate students; 2 academic years for master students; 4 academic years for doctoral students. The funding period is the length of study determined at the time of admission.
3. Language of instruction
4. Scholarship content
Undergraduates: tuition-free, comprehensive medical insurance provided;
Postgraduate students and doctoral students: free of tuition, accommodation, living expenses (3,000 yuan/month for masters, 3500 yuan/month for doctors) and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. Non-Chinese citizens, physically and mentally healthy;
2. Educational background and age requirements:
Those who come to China to study for an undergraduate degree must have graduated from high school and be at least 18 years old;
Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under 40 years old.
January 1-March 30, 2021
1. Pay the registration fee of RMB 830 via bank transfer (the bank account information is as follows).
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
Bank account number (A/C)
Bank of China Shanghai Wujiaochang Sub-branch
* Please indicate the applicant's name or application number when making bank transfers.
2. Login (http://ao.sufe.edu.cn/) Fill in the application information and submit it online.
3. Login (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/) Fill in the application information and submit it online.
* Only online applications are accepted.
(Please submit the scanned copy of the original materials when applying online. The paper version of the application materials does not need to be submitted temporarily.)
1. The highest degree diploma and degree certificate
Applicants for undergraduate programs need to provide a high school graduation certificate or equivalent certificate, applicants for a master's degree program need to provide an undergraduate diploma and degree certificate, and applicants for a doctoral program need to provide a master's degree diploma and degree certificate. Fresh graduates can provide a pre-graduation certificate; if the original is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese/English translation must be submitted at the same time.
2. Transcripts of all courses at the highest academic level
Applicants for undergraduate programs need to provide high school graduation certificates or transcripts of all courses with equivalent academic qualifications, applicants for master's programs need to provide transcripts of all courses at the undergraduate level, and applicants for doctoral programs need to provide transcripts of all courses at the master level. If the original is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese/English translation must be submitted at the same time.
3. HSK certificate and transcript
4. Personal Statement
It is signed and written by the applicant, and the Chinese or English version is required. The content includes personal study, work experience, academic research results, study and research plan, etc., with no more than 1,000 words.
5. Letter of Recommendation
Applicants for undergraduate programs are required to submit one letter of recommendation, and two letters of recommendation are required for masters and doctoral programs. The recommendation letter must be in Chinese or English, indicating the recommender’s work unit, position, and contact information, and be signed by the recommender.
6. Registration fee payment voucher
7. Passport (valid from the date of application to January 30, 2022) personal information page
Note: For those who comply with the Ministry of Education's Jiaowaihan  No. 12, both or one of the parents are Chinese citizens and settled in a foreign country, and the person has foreign nationality at birth, the application must be submitted:
① Hold a valid foreign passport or nationality Proof of 4 years (inclusive) or more;
② Record certificate of actual residence in a foreign country for more than 2 years in the past 4 years (until April 30, 2021) (actual residence in a foreign country for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, Subject to entry and exit signatures). In addition to the above two documents, those who are originally residents of Mainland China (Mainland), Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who are immigrating and have obtained foreign nationality must also submit a certificate of cancellation of the original Chinese household registration. If the above original is not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese/English translation must be submitted at the same time.
8. Other supporting materials such as award certificates
* In addition to the above application materials, our school may also require applicants to provide other supplementary materials according to the situation.
* Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the registration fee will not be refunded.
* Please be sure to submit real materials. If our school finds that the applicant has provided false information, it has the right to cancel its admission qualification or cancel its student status.
* After the applicant is admitted by our school (applicants for undergraduate programs need to come to our school to take the entrance examination,) we can obtain the qualification to participate in the scholarship evaluation of the Shanghai municipal government for foreign students.
The list of scholarship winners will be announced in mid-May and can be inquired on the website of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics International Cultural Exchange Institute (http://ice.sufe.edu.cn) (phone inquiries are not accepted). At that time, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics will contact scholarship students.
Address: Shanghai University of Finance and Economics International Cultural Exchange School Admissions Section (Room 102), No. 369, Zhongshan Beiyi Road, Shanghai, China, 200083
WeChat public account: study_at_sufe