Shanghai Government Scholarship
To implement the Ministry of Education’s "Study in China Plan" and the "Shanghai Medium and Long-term Education Reform and Development Plan (2010-2020)", to serve Shanghai’s need for international talents in accelerating the construction of a globally influential science and technology innovation center, and to further promote Shanghai Education international cooperation and exchanges, promote the development of foreign student education, support outstanding students from all over the world to study and research in Shanghai, and set up the Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" (hereinafter referred to as "scholarship"). Our school accepts the application objects, methods, procedures, and application conditions of the A-type scholarship and the B-type scholarship for higher education such as pre-undergraduate, undergraduate, master, and doctoral education as follows:
Objects of funding and duration
(1) For outstanding undergraduate students, the duration is 4-5 academic years (5 academic years for medical majors such as Chinese medicine, acupuncture, and massage, and 4 years for non-medical majors such as Chinese pharmacy and rehabilitation therapy);
(2) Excellent students studying for a master's degree, with a term of 3 academic years;
(3) Excellent students studying for Ph.D. The term is 3 academic years;
(4) Excellent students who accept undergraduate preparatory studies, the term is one academic year.
(1) Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements
1. To apply for a bachelor’s degree, one must have a high school diploma or above, and in principle, the age should be no more than 25; for a master’s degree, one must have a university degree or above, and the age should be no more than 35 in principle; for a doctorate, one must have A master’s degree or above, with a certain academic level, and in principle, the age should not exceed 40 years old;
2. Those who apply for undergraduate preparatory studies must have a high school degree or above, meet the requirements of our school for undergraduate admission, and generally be under 23 years of age.
(2) Applicant's language proficiency requirements
Applicants need to meet the language proficiency requirements of our school's professional application qualifications. Applicants for pre-undergraduate courses must reach the equivalent level of HSK New Level 3.
(3) Applicants who have received awards and funding from the Chinese government or other organizations will no longer enjoy the "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Scholarship funding content and funding standards
For outstanding foreign students with advanced education such as pre-undergraduate, undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees, the funding standards refer to the "Shanghai Government Scholarship Funding Standards for Foreign Students":
The A-type scholarship funding includes tuition fees (not including thesis defense fee); basic accommodation (one bed in a double room) and comprehensive medical insurance during the school system; monthly living expenses.
The B-type scholarship funding includes tuition fees (excluding thesis defense fees), comprehensive medical insurance fees.
For the scholarship students who accept undergraduate preparatory education, the funding standards shall be implemented following the standards of the first category A awards.
Scholarship application process
(1) How to apply
Log in to the "Study in Shanghai" website ( http://www.study-shanghai.org/index.asp ) and complete the application according to the application process required by the website.
(2) Application time
The application time is generally from February to April each year.
(3) Application materials (application materials submitted by the applicant will not be returned)
1. The highest degree certificate and academic transcript; if the applicant is a student at school, he must also submit the "Pre-Graduation Certificate" issued by his school;
2. Study or research plan in China (including personal statement; Chinese-taught majors should be written in Chinese; English-taught majors should be written in English; more than 1,000 words);
3. Recommendation letter
4. Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) score (Chinese is not required).
Review and determination
(1) The "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" working group of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine is responsible for reviewing applicant qualifications, application conditions, and other materials. The results of the scholarship evaluation will be announced on the school website in due course.
(2) Applicants who are admitted by our school as the "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (hereinafter referred to as "scholarship students") can receive scholarships to study at the school;
(3) Depending on the progress of the school’s admissions work, send the "Admission Notice", "Scholarship Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students to China" (JW202 Form) to the applicant;
(4) Students who continue to study for a bachelor's degree after completing the undergraduate preparatory course, must be recommended by the Shanghai Preparatory Academy for the first academic year and will be awarded after being reviewed and approved by the Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine "Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students" working group.
A comprehensive review of the annual academic performance, learning attitude, attendance, behavior, rewards, and punishments of various scholarship students will be conducted and reported to the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission. Those who pass the review will be eligible for scholarship students for the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified for scholarship students from the next academic year.
(1) For recipients of Type A and Type B scholarships studying for master’s and doctorate degrees, the second year will be assessed mainly based on their academic performance and school performance in the first academic year, and the third year will be assessed mainly based on their mid-term assessment results and academic performance in the second academic year. School performance is assessed.
(2) Those who are studying for a bachelor's degree scholarship of Category A and Category B shall pass all courses (hereinafter referred to as "all courses") except for the intensive Chinese courses and medical humanities courses in the elective courses in the academic year, and the average grade point is not Below 2.8. Only those who pass the review are eligible to retain the scholarship for the next academic year.
(3) Recipients of Category A scholarships for bachelor's degree who have passed all courses taken in the academic year, with an average GPA of less than 2.8 but not less than 2.0, have passed the review, and will be eligible for Category B scholarships in the next academic year; If the average grade point of the courses taken during the academic year review meets all the conditions for the A-type scholarship review, the qualification for the A-type scholarship can be restored, and those who fail to meet all the conditions for the A-type scholarship review will participate in the evaluation according to the B-type scholarship review conditions.
(4) Students who have the following circumstances will be immediately disqualified from the scholarship:
1. Violation of Chinese laws and regulations, violation of school discipline and rules and regulations, subject to administrative sanctions;
2. Failed in the assessment of the course you are studying;
3. Cannot cooperate with the school to complete the annual scholarship review.
(5) The school will publicize the scholarship review results, and the review results will become effective after the publicity is passed.