1. School History Museum
Shanghai Jiaotong University School History Museum (Xuhui Campus)
(The museum was completed and opened on April 8, 1996, and officially opened after a new renovation on April 6, 2016)
The History Museum of Shanghai Jiaotong University is located in the old library of the Xuhui campus, which was completed in 1919. On April 8, 1996, during the 100th anniversary of the school, the History Museum of Jiaotong University, which integrates patriotism education, school conditions, and school history education, was on the Xuhui campus of Jiaotong University. The old library was officially completed. Comrade Jiang Zemin, a 1947 alumnus, inscribed the name of the library. It is one of the earliest school history museums established in universities. In 1996, it was awarded the "Youth Education Base" by the Shanghai Municipal People's Government, and in 2003 it was awarded the "Shanghai Patriotic Education Base". In 2016, it was remodeled to welcome the 120th anniversary of Shanghai Jiaotong University and officially opened on April 6. The reconstructed school history museum has a total area of nearly 500 square meters and has two exhibition halls. The first exhibition hall is the basic display of the school history. It is divided into five parts: "Zhaoji Nanyang", "Dongfang MIT", "Xianggang", "Serving the Overall Situation", and "Building First Class". It features photos, archives, historical materials, and cultural relics, charts, works art, The scenes, demobilization, and other methods are organically combined, taking history as the classics and taking things as the weft, mainly showing the development of Jiaotong University from Nanyang College to the present; the second exhibition hall is a special exhibition hall, divided into "Leaders on the Sea" and "Light of Jiaotong University". The three parts of "University Spirit" mainly show the alumni who have studied or taught at Jiaotong University over the past 120 years, as well as their fruitful achievements and spiritual-cultural traditions through photos, documents, objects, and multimedia.
Address: 3rd Floor, Old Library of Shanghai Jiao Tong University Xuhui Campus, 1954 Huashan Road, Shanghai
Opening hours: every Tuesday to Sunday 9:00-17:00 (no admission after 16:30), closed every Monday, and the opening hours of statutory holidays, winter and summer vacation will be notified separately.
The new building, located in the center of the Minhang campus, was laid on March 11, 2006, with a service area of approximately 35,000 square meters. It was commissioned for trial operation in September 2008 and officially opened on December 15. As the main library, the new library is positioned as a “comprehensive museum of science, engineering, students, medicine and agriculture”. The new layout and design will fully reflect the library's new subject service concept. There are nearly 4,000 seats in the main hall. Adopt a one-door management model, dilute the boundary between the library and the reading room, and promote a large open and large service pattern.
The library service realizes the five-in-one organic service mechanism of "collecting, searching, borrowing, reading, and participating"; extends the service time and extends the service location; increases self-service services such as borrowing and returning, copying, scanning, and printing; the main library passes various Innovative services in the form of a quiet self-study area, group discussion room, subject research room, multimedia experiment area, multimedia production room, multimedia studio for teachers and students of the school, and an autonomous foreign language learning center to design and construct intelligence with active growth characteristics Comprehensive service facilities, create an immersive learning and research atmosphere, and become an academic exchange center and information sharing space that can accommodate different learning styles, research habits, and usage needs.
3. Social Science Reading Room of Xuhui Campus
The New Shangyuan is a teaching building on the north side of Dacaoping on the Xuhui campus of Shanghai Jiaotong University. It was built in 1954. It was originally the location of the upper house. In 1953, the upper house fell into disrepair, the roof truss wall was severely tilted and the insurance company no longer renewed the insurance, the school reported to the Ministry of Education to demolish and build a new upper house on the original site. The New Upper House is a Chinese classicist style building, the main structure follows the Soviet architectural style, and the facade is mostly decorated with ethnic patterns. The overall plan is in an I-shape with an area of 9746 square meters. There are five floors, of which the first and second floors are laboratories, and the third and above are classrooms. There are several lecture halls and activity rooms at the back of the main building. The New Upper House was listed as an outstanding historical building in Shanghai in 2004. After September 2013, it was used as the social science reading room of the Xuhui campus.
4. Medical branch
The library of Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine is positioned as a "medical branch", formerly known as the Shanghai Second Medical University Library, and is located in the Information Resource Center of Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine together with the Computer Network Information Center of the School of Medicine. The center is located on the Luwan campus of Shanghai Jiaotong University and was established in October 2002. Its predecessor was the Shanghai Second Medical University Information Resource Center, which was established by the merger of the Shanghai Second Medical University Library and the Computer Network Information Center. In 1952, the departments were adjusted. Based on the library collections of the former Aurora Medical College, St. John's Medical College, and Tongde Medical College, the library was established as the Shanghai Second Medical University Library. In 2005, Shanghai Second Medical University was merged into Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine was established. The library was renamed the Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine Library and became a branch of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Library. The current building of the branch library was completed in 1987. The building area is 10,199.50 square meters, of which the building area is 8,300 square meters, the reading room area is 3,215 square meters, and there are a total of 687 seats. The building includes four thematic reading rooms. An electronic reading room and an ancient book reading room. The sub-library has a collection of about 568,800 books, 35 medical electronic document databases, and more than 4,000 electronic full-text periodicals, including about 1,500 periodicals. At present, the branch library has more than 14,000 registered readers, more than 90,000 books circulate every year, and it is open for 96 hours a week. The first to third floors of the Information Resource Center is used by the library. The first floor is the document collection department, with lecture halls, showrooms, literature retrieval laboratories, and thematic reading rooms, etc.; the second floor is the circulation and reading department and the reader service department, with Chinese and Western languages Periodical reading room and multimedia reading room, etc.; the third floor is the circulation reading department, there is a western book reading room, etc.