1. Application for a residence permit:
Students holding an X2 visa generally do not need to apply for a residence permit.
International students holding X1 visas must apply for a residence permit within 30 days from the date of entry. Overdue, the Public Security Bureau will impose a penalty of 500 RMB a day. To apply for a residence permit for the first time, you must meet the applicant and provide the following materials:
(1) My valid passport and copy
(2) "Certificate of Verification of Physical Examination Record of Foreign Personnel" Venue: International Health Travel Healthcare Center, No. 738 Changjiang Road
(3) "Registration Form for Temporary Accommodation"
(4) Fill in the "Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form" and paste a recent half-length photo ( 3.0*4.0cm )
(5) Admission notice and an official letter issued by the school (handled by the International Students Office).
Note: within 12 months of residence permit: 400RMB; 12 - a residence permit for 36 months: 800RMB in a valid residence permit, holders allow multiple entry and exit.
2. Extension or change of visa:
International students entering China with a short-term X2 visa can stay in China for the specified period of time without changing their residence permit after coming to China, and study in China within the validity period of the visa. If you apply for a one-semester extension of the academic system before the X2 visa expires, the college can help you apply for an extension of X2 once if approved by the college. The extension time shall not exceed the original visa time limit. Students holding a residence permit can apply for continuing study before their visa expires. After approval, the school will issue materials to help them apply for a residence permit for the new semester. To change the residence permit, you must first apply for the JW202 Form, the Temporary Residence Registration Form, and the "Verification Certificate of Physical Examination Record of Foreign Personnel".
International students must continue to study at Suzhou University before the expiration of the visa or residence permit and must apply for an extension before the expiration of the period. Overdue, the Public Security Bureau will impose a penalty of 500 RMB a day.
3. Lost or reissued passport
After receiving a new passport due to passport expiration, international students must first apply at the International Students Office within 10 days of obtaining the passport and then go to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of the Municipal Public Security Bureau to apply for visa or residence permit renewal procedures and to update the accommodation registration in time.
If a lost passport is found and confirmed, it must be dealt with immediately by the following procedures.
(1) The international student shall report the case to the local police station with a valid certificate and obtain a certificate of loss report;
(2) The International Students Office receives the relevant certification letter;
(3) Go to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of the Municipal Public Security Bureau to issue the passport loss certificate issued by the police station, the temporary accommodation registration form, and the certification letter issued by the International Students Office;
(4) Go to your country’s embassy in China to apply for a new passport with the passport loss certificate;
(5) After receiving a new passport, international students must apply to the International Students Office immediately after obtaining the passport, and then go to the Exit-Entry Administration Office of the Municipal Public Security Bureau to apply for visa or residence certificate renewal procedures, and to update the accommodation registration in time.