Chongqing Mayor Scholarship
In order to attract outstanding foreign students to study in Chongqing, the Chongqing Municipal People's Government has specially established the " Chongqing Municipal People's Government Mayor Scholarship for Foreign Students ". This year, Southwest University continues to participate in the enrollment of the scholarship students.
Scholarship categories and targets
Outstanding foreign students who intend to study for a doctorate and master's degrees in Chongqing universities.
1. First-class scholarship: 35,000 yuan / person / year for doctoral students, 30,000 yuan / person / year for master students
2. Second-class scholarship: 20,000 yuan / person / year for doctoral students, 15,000 yuan / person / year for master students
1. Non-Chinese citizens, physically and mentally healthy.
2. Meet the admission requirements of Southwest University. Applicants for PhD degree are under 40 years old; applicants for a master's degree are under 35 years old.
3. Grades and language requirements.
1 ) Teaching in Chinese:
Master: Chinese points have at least 180 horizontal HSK5 level;
Dr.: Chinese with at least 200 points above HSK5 grade level.
2 ) Teaching in English:
Master: Must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or an Internet-based TOEFL score of 80 or above;
Doctoral degree: Must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or an Internet-based TOEFL score of 85 or above.
3 ) GPA of 3.0 or above on the four-point system and 80 points or above on the 100-point system
Those who do not meet the entrance requirements of Chinese proficiency must pay their own Chinese tuition before major studies until they meet the Chinese language requirements before they can apply for degrees and scholarships.
country's official language is English students can be removed from the TOEFL IELTS.
4. Did not receive any other scholarship funding.
1. Master's degree students
2. PhD students
Online application and admission procedures
1. Log in to the online application website https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do to complete the registration.
2. Download and fill in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" form, and have a physical examination at the local public hospital. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the table for inspection. Forms with missing items, no photo of the person affixed or no stamp on the photo, no signature and seal of the doctor and hospital are invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
3. After logging into the online application system, fill in the application information as required and upload the application materials;
4. After confirming that the information and uploaded materials are correct, click Submit;
5. After receiving the list of scholarships reviewed and approved by the Chongqing Mayor Scholarship Management Office, Southwest University will publish the list of scholarship recipients on the website http://gjxy.swu.edu.cn and notify them by email;
6. After receiving the email, pay the registration fee of 500 yuan;
7. Southwest University will send the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form" (JW202) to scholarship recipients before the end of July.
1. A scanned copy of the highest degree certificate, graduation certificate or degree certificate. If the applicant is about to graduate or is already employed, it is necessary to submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by the school or an employment certificate issued by the employer. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
2. A scanned copy of the complete course transcript of the previous study period and the school's grade system. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. A study plan (for undergraduates) or research plan (for masters and doctoral students) in China with no less than 800 words.
4. To apply for a master's or doctoral degree, two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in the country are required; for undergraduate programs, two recommendation letters from two teachers are required (both signed by themselves and attached with work unit, contact information and official seal of the unit).
5. Proof of language proficiency: Applicants for Chinese-taught majors should provide a scanned copy of the HSK certificate (if any, please provide it); applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught majors must provide a scanned copy of the IELTS or TOEFL test score certificate.
6. Scanned copies of published academic papers, patents or other research results (if published, please provide)
7. Scanned copy of "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (please keep the original by yourself for use when applying for a visa)
8. ID Photo 1
9. Scanned copy of passport (valid ordinary passport)
Students applying for music and art majors must submit two copies of their own works on the CD;
Students applying for English-taught programs, please complete all the above materials in English.
The deadline is June 30 each year. Please complete the online application before this date.
Double room: 5000 yuan / person / semester, 9000 yuan / person / school year ;
Single room: 7000 yuan / person / semester, 12000 yuan / person / school year ;
Note: International College can help international students live in/ off-campus rental housing.
Southwest University Bank Information
Account Name: Southwest University
Account Bank: Bank of China Chongqing Beibei Sub-branch
Account number: 0000 1102 0510 3057
Bank code: BKCHCNBJ59A
Bank Address: Beibei District, Chongqing City, China
Postal Code: 400700
Southwest University Foreign Student Admissions Office
Address: No. 2, Tiansheng Road, Beibei District, Chongqing, China
Post Code: 400715
Phone: +86-23-6836-7823 , 6836-7027
Application system: https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do