West University President Scholarship
In order to strengthen friendly exchanges between China and foreign countries and attract outstanding foreign students to study in the university, Southwest University has established the " Southwest University President Scholarship ".
1. Undergraduate Scholarship
2. Postgraduate Scholarship
3. Doctoral Scholarship
1. Type A Scholarship
2. Type B Scholarship
1. A class of scholarship recipients are exempt from tuition fees, living expenses provided in the month during school study (undergraduate and advanced students 1100 yuan / month, graduate 1400 yuan / month, Ph.D. 1700 yuan / month), to provide Comprehensive medical insurance premiums for overseas students in China;
2. Class B scholarship recipients are exempt from tuition and provide comprehensive medical insurance premiums for international students in China.
Note: Students must pay their own application fees and accommodation fees during their stay on campus.
Funding period and the annual review
Scholarship recipients generally can follow the 4 year full-time undergraduate students, graduate school years 2-3, Ph.D. study period is 3 years of age enjoy the same scholarship. In order to give full play to the incentive role of Southwest University President Scholarship, in accordance with relevant regulations of Southwest University, the school will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of scholarship students in May of each academic year and decide whether to continue to allow them to enjoy the scholarship according to the results.
1. Non-Chinese citizens and in good physical and mental health.
2. Requirements for applicants’ academic qualifications and age:
1) Applicants for undergraduate bachelor's degree must have the equivalent of senior high school graduation and be under 30 years of age;
2) Applicants for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35 ;
3) Applicants for a doctorate degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Did not receive any other scholarship funding.
Grades and language requirements
1. A four-point system with a GPA of 3.0 or above and a 100- point system with a GPA of above 80.
2. Teaching in Chinese:
1) The minimum required HSK level 4 for the undergraduate course is 180 points or more;
2) The minimum requirement for a master's degree is 180 points or more in HSK level 5.
3) The minimum requirement for a Ph.D. is HSK Level 5 at least 200 points.
1) Those whose Chinese level does not meet the admission requirements must take Chinese tuition at their own expense before major studies. You can apply for a degree and scholarship only after you meet the language requirements for professional learning, and you can only start professional learning after admission.
2) Undergraduates do not provide English-taught courses.
3. English taught:
1). The minimum requirement for master's degree is IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL iBT 80 or above;
2). The minimum Ph.D. requirement is IELTS 6.5 or above or TOEFL iBT 85 or above.
Note: Students whose official language is English are exempt from TOEFL and IELTS.
Online application and admission procedures
1. Online application
1) Log in to the online application website https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do to complete the registration;
2) Download and fill in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" form, and have a physical examination at the local public hospital. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the table for inspection. Forms with missing items, no photo of the person affixed or no stamp on the photo, no signature and seal of the doctor and hospital are invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
3) After logging in and entering the online application system, fill in the application information as required and upload the application materials;
4) After confirming that the information and uploaded materials are correct, click Submit;
5) After receiving the pre-admission email, pay the registration fee of 500 yuan.
2. Review and admission:
1) Southwest University will organize a review every month, and we will notify the applicants by e-mail;
2) Southwest University will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form ( JW202 Form) to admitted students in batches before July 15 each year.
1. A scanned copy of the highest degree certificate, graduation certificate or degree certificate. If the applicant is about to graduate or is already employed, it is necessary to submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by the school or an employment certificate issued by the employer. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
2. A scanned copy of the complete course transcript of the previous study period and the transcript system of the school you are attending. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. A study plan (for undergraduates) or research plan (for masters and doctoral students) in China with no less than 800 words;
4. To apply for a master's or doctoral degree, two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in the country are required; for undergraduate programs, two recommendation letters from teachers are required (both of which must be autographed and attached with work unit, contact information and official seal of the unit);
5. Proof of language proficiency: applicants for Chinese-taught majors should provide a scanned copy of the HSK certificate (if any, please provide), and applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught majors must provide a scanned copy of the IELTS or TOEFL test score certificate.
6. Scanned copies of published academic papers, patents or other research results (if published, please provide);
7. A scanned copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (please keep the original for your visa application).
8. a passport photo.
9. Scanned copy of passport (valid ordinary passport).
1. Students who apply for music and fine arts majors must submit two copies of their own works on the CD-ROM;
2. Students applying for English-taught programs, please complete all the above materials in English.
From March 1st to June 15th every year.
1. Double room: 5000 yuan / person / semester, 9000 yuan / person / school year;
2. Single room: 7,000 yuan / person / semester, 12,000 yuan / person / school year.
Note: International College can help international students live in/ off-campus rental housing.
Southwest University Bank Information
Account Name: Southwest University
Account Bank: Bank of China Chongqing Beibei Sub-branch
Account number: 0000 1102 0510 3057
Bank code: BKCHCNBJ59A
Bank Address: Beibei District, Chongqing City, China
Postal Code: 400700
Southwest University Foreign Student Admissions Office
Address: No. 2 , Tiansheng Road, Beibei District, Chongqing, China
Post Code: 400715
Phone: +86-23-6836-7823 , 6836-7027
Application system: https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://gjxy.swu.edu.cn