New Silk Road Scholarship
In order to subsidize students from countries along the "Belt and Road" to study in China, Southwest University has established the "New Silk Road Scholarship" to promote exchanges between countries along the route and China and promote "people-to-people bonds".
1. Undergraduate Scholarship
2. Postgraduate Scholarship
3. Doctoral Scholarship
1. Type A Scholarship
2. Type B Scholarship
1. Class A scholarship recipients are exempt from tuition fees and provide monthly living expenses during their studies (undergraduate and advanced students RMB 1100 / month, postgraduate students RMB 1,400 / month, doctoral students RMB 1,700 / month);
2. Recipients of B scholarships are exempt from tuition.
Note: Students must pay the application fee, accommodation fee and comprehensive medical insurance fee during school.
Funding period and the annual review
1. Scholarship recipients generally can follow the 4-year full-time undergraduate students, graduate school years 2-3, Ph.D. study period is 3 years of age enjoy the same scholarship.
2. In order to give full play to the incentive role of Southwest University President Scholarship, in accordance with the relevant regulations of Southwest University, the school will conduct a comprehensive evaluation of scholarship students in May of each academic year and decide whether to continue to enjoy the scholarship according to the results.
1. Citizens of countries along the“Belt and Road ”and are physically and mentally healthy.
2. Requirements for applicants' academic qualifications and age:
1) Applicants for undergraduate bachelor's degree must have the equivalent of senior high school graduation and be under 30 years of age;
2) Applicants for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35 ;
3) Applicants for a doctorate must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40 ;
3. Did not receive any other scholarship funding.
Grades and language requirements
1. A four-point system with a GPA of 3.0 or above and a 100- point system with a GPA of above 80.
2. Teaching in Chinese:
1) The minimum required HSK level 4 for the undergraduate course is 180 points or more;
2) The minimum requirement for a master's degree is 180 points or more in HSK level 5.
3) The minimum requirement for a Ph.D. is HSK Level 5 at least 200 points.
1) Those whose Chinese level does not meet the admission requirements must take Chinese tuition at their own expense before major studies. You can apply for degrees and scholarships only after you meet the language requirements for professional studies.
2) Undergraduates do not provide English-taught courses.
3. English taught:
1) The minimum requirement for a master's degree is IELTS 6.0 or above or TOEFL iBT 80 or above;
2) The minimum Ph.D. requirement is IELTS 6.5 or above or TOEFL iBT 85 or above.
Note: Students whose official language is English are exempt from TOEFL and IELTS.
Online application and admission procedures
1. Online application
1 ) Log in to the online application website https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do to complete the registration;
2 ) Download and fill in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" form, and have a physical examination at the local public hospital. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the table for inspection. Forms with missing items, no photo of the person affixed or no stamp on the photo, no signature and seal of the doctor and hospital are invalid. The inspection result is valid for 6 months;
3 ) After logging in and entering the online application system, fill in the application information as required and upload the application materials;
4 ) After confirming that the information and uploaded materials are correct, click Submit;
5 ) After receiving the pre-admission email, the applicant must pay the 500 yuan registration fee before the deadline.
2. Review and admission:
1 ) Southwest University will organize a review every month, and we will notify the applicants by e-mail;
2 ) Southwest University will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form ( JW202 Form) to admitted students in batches before July 15 each year.
Eight Application materials
1. A scanned copy of the highest degree certificate, graduation certificate or degree certificate. If the applicant is about to graduate or is already employed, it is necessary to submit a pre-graduation certificate issued by the school or an employment certificate issued by the employer. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
2. A scanned copy of the complete course transcript of the previous study period and the school's grade system. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. A study plan (for undergraduates) or research plan (for masters and doctoral students) in China with no less than 800 words;
4. To apply for a master's or doctoral degree, two recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in the country are required; for undergraduate programs, two recommendation letters from teachers are required (both of which must be autographed and attached with work unit, contact information and official seal of the unit);
5. Proof of language proficiency: Applicants for Chinese-taught majors must provide a scanned copy of the HSK certificate (if any, please provide), and applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught majors must provide a scanned copy of the IELTS or TOEFL score certificate;
6. Scanned copies of published academic papers, patents or other research results (if published, please provide);
7. A scanned copy of the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (please keep the original by yourself for use when applying for a visa);
8. ID Photo 1;
9. Scanned copy of passport (valid ordinary passport).
1. Students who apply for music and fine arts majors must submit two copies of their own works on the CD-ROM;
2. Students applying for English-taught programs, please complete all the above materials in English.
Every year from March 1 to June 15
1. Double room: 5000 yuan / person / semester, 9000 yuan / person / school year;
2. Single room: 7,000 yuan / person / semester, 12,000 yuan / person / school year.
Note: International College can help international students live in/ off-campus rental housing.
Southwest University Bank Information
Account Name: Southwest University
Account Bank: Bank of China Chongqing Beibei Sub-branch
Account number: 0000 1102 0510 3057
Bank code: BKCHCNBJ59A
Bank Address: Beibei District, Chongqing City, China
Postal Code: 400700
Southwest University Foreign Student Admissions Office
Address: No. 2, Tiansheng Road, Beibei District, Chongqing, China
Post Code: 400715
Phone: +86-23-6836-7823 , 6836-7027
Application system: https://swu.17gz.org/member/login.do