Chengdu Municipal Government Scholarship enrollment Guide
To promote educational exchanges and cooperation between Chengdu and the countries along the “Belt and Road”, Chengdu’s international sister cities (including international friendly cooperative relations cities, hereinafter referred to as sister cities), attract more international students to study and study in Chengdu and promote the cause of studying in Chengdu. For sustained and healthy development, the Chengdu Municipal Government has specially established Chengdu “One Belt One Road” Government Scholarship for International Students and Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Sister City International Students. The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics 2021 Chengdu Municipal Government Scholarship is now open for application. The specific information is as follows:
1. Project category
(1) Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students of “One Belt One Road”
(2) Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Sister City International Students
2. Application conditions
(1) Applicants for the “Belt and Road” Government Scholarship for International Students in Chengdu must have the nationality of countries along the “Belt and Road” and hold a valid foreign passport. The list of “One Belt One Road” countries can be found on China's One Belt One Road Network
(2) Applicants for the Chengdu International Sister City Government Scholarship for International Students must be citizens of a sister city with foreign nationality, born in a sister city of Chengdu, or have work and study experience in a sister city of Chengdu. See Annex 1 for the list of sister cities.
(3) Friendly to China and healthy.
(4) Comply with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and perform well in China.
(5) Correct learning attitude and no violation of school disciplines and regulations.
(6) Undergraduate applicants must meet the relevant conditions stipulated in the "Southwestern University of Finance and Economics 2021 Undergraduate Admissions Regulations"
(7) Applicants for master's and doctoral degrees must meet the relevant requirements stipulated in the "Southwestern University of Finance and Economics 2021 Graduate
Admissions Regulations" (https://international.swufe.edu.cn/info/1024/2222.htm).
(8) You must complete the application process independently.
3. Scholarship content
(1) Ph.D. students
30,000 RMB/academic year, the term does not exceed 3 academic years.
(2) Master students
25,000 RMB/academic year, the term does not exceed 3 academic years.
20,000 RMB/academic year, the term does not exceed 4 academic years.
4. Application time
May 1, 2021-June 1, 2021 (Beijing time)
5. Enrollment majors and language of instruction
For the list of majors and teaching languages, please see the website
6. Scholarship application
(1) Applicants should log in to the online application system for international student admissions of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do) to submit an application and upload the application materials.
(2) In addition to the application materials specified in the relevant enrollment guidelines, applicants for the Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students shall also provide the following application materials:
a. "Chengdu "Belt and Road" Government Scholarship Application Form for International Students" (Annex 2) or "Chengdu International Sister City Government Scholarship Application Form for International Students" (Annex 3)
b. "Acknowledgment of Sister Cities Identity" (Annex 4)
It must be filled out by the sister city government department where the sister city scholarship applicant is located.
(3) Matters needing attention
a. All application materials must be written in English or Chinese. If the original application materials are written in other languages, a notarized English or Chinese translation must be provided, otherwise, it will be deemed invalid.
b. For those who falsify, whenever they are verified, their qualifications for examination, admission, or student status will be canceled by relevant regulations.
c. For the details of the online application process, please refer to the "Guidelines for Application for Chengdu Government Scholarship for International Students of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics" (Annex 5)
(1) The application fee is 600 yuan. Applications that have not paid the application fee will not be accepted. Regardless of whether you are admitted or not, the application fee is non-refundable.
(2) Students must pay all fees by the charging standards listed in the relevant enrollment brochures when they enter the journal.
8. Admission matters
(1) Freshmen should report on time. Those who are unable to register on time for enrollment should apply for leave in writing to the School of International Education of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics by the regulations, and obtain the approval of Chengdu Education Foreign Exchange Center. Those who fail to register on time and have not asked for leave to obtain permission will not be eligible for the scholarship.
(2) The school will verify the original application documents when the enrollment arrives. If it is found to be fraudulent in the application process, the admission qualification and scholarship qualification will be canceled.
9. Other matters
(1) The scholarship requires the winners to participate in the review every semester. The scholarship will be reviewed in two semesters and will be issued in the middle and late semesters after the review is passed. If the review fails, the scholarship will be canceled/suspended.
(2) During the study at Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, one cannot obtain a Chinese Government Scholarship, Sichuan Provincial Government Scholarship, Chengdu Municipal Government Scholarship, or other similar scholarships at the same time.
(3) If the content of this enrollment guide is inconsistent with the documents of the State, the Ministry of Education and the Chengdu Education Foreign Exchange Center, the documents of the State, the Ministry of Education, and the Chengdu Education Foreign Exchange Center shall prevail.
Admissions Office, School of International Education, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
Address: No. 55, Guanghua Village Street, Qingyang District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Post Code: 610074
Phone: +86 28 8735 5437
Fax: +86 28 8735 5437