International Chinese teacher scholarship
To meet the international community’s increasing demand for Chinese language education talents, promote the development of Chinese language education around the world, and help the growth of international Chinese language education talents, the Ministry of Education’s Sino-foreign Language Cooperation and Exchange Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center) has established an International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the Center) Referred to as scholarship), focusing on training qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius Classrooms, some Chinese test sites, relevant foreign educational institutions, Chinese teachers majors in universities/Chinese faculties, relevant foreign Chinese teaching industry organizations, Chinese embassies (consulates), etc. can recommend outstanding students and current jobs Chinese teachers go to Chinese universities to study and study Chinese international education and related majors. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, as one of the receiving institutions for the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship, welcomes qualified students to apply.
1. Objects of funding
(1) Persons of non-Chinese nationality;
(2) Physical and mental health, good character, and learning;
(3) Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching, and related work;
(4) The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). In-service Chinese teachers are relaxed to 45 years old.
2. Scholarship categories and application requirements
(1) Postgraduates majoring in Chinese as international education
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 2 years.
Have a university degree. A minimum score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 5) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test are required. Those who provide a work agreement or relevant certification for the teaching institution to be taught after graduation is preferred.
(2) One-year trainee
Enrollment in September 2021, the funding period is 11 months. International students in China will not be admitted.
International Chinese language education, with a score of 270 in the HSK test (Level 3), with an HSKK score; Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, and Chinese philosophy, with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in the HSKK (Intermediate) test Points: For Chinese language training, with a score of 210 in the HSK test (Level 3), those who provide HSKK scores are preferred.
(3) One-semester research students
Enrollment in September 2021 and March 2022, the funding period is 5 months. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese International Education, Chinese Language, and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc., with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK score.
(4) Four-week training students
Enrollment in July or December 2021, the funding period is 4 weeks. Those who have X1 and X2 visas in their passports are not admitted.
Chinese language training, Chinese language + Chinese family experience, etc., with HSK scores. The recommending institution can organize a group to register, and contact the receiving institution in advance to determine the study plan in China, and submit it to the center for approval in advance. Each group has 10-15 people.
3. The handling process
(1) Log on to the scholarship website (cis.Chinese.cn) to inquire about recommending institutions and receiving institutions.
(2) Submit the application materials online on the scholarship website, and send the electronic version of the application materials to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) Participate in the online assessment and pay attention to the application process, review opinions, and scholarship review results.
(4) The scholarship recipient confirms the formalities for studying in China with the host institution, and prints the award certificate online.
(5) Enter the journal at the time specified in the admission notice of the receiving institution.
4. Deadline (subject to Beijing time)
(1) The application deadline for students who enrolled in July 2021 is April 10, and the review deadline for recommending institutions and receiving institutions is April 20.
(2) The deadline for applications for admission in September 2021 is May 10, and the deadline for review by recommending institutions and receiving institutions is May 20.
(3) The application deadline for students who enrolled in December 2021 is September 10, and the review deadline for recommending institutions and receiving institutions is September 20.
(4) The deadline for applications for admission in March 2022 is November 10, and the deadline for review of recommending institutions and receiving institutions is November 20.
The center entrusts an expert group to conduct a centralized review, select the best funding based on HSK, HSKK test scores, and levels, taking into account country and other factors, complete the scholarship review work about 3 months before enrollment and announce the review results.
5. About the Chinese Bridge winners
Those who have won the 2021 "International Chinese Teacher Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions, log on to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship website and submit application materials to the target receiving institution with the scholarship certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
6. Recommending institutions and receiving institutions
The recommending institutions and host colleges perform their territorial responsibilities by the "Application Measures for International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (2021)" and provide services such as consultation, recommendation, and enrollment.
(1) For related professional training programs and teaching courses, please consult our school.
(2) Applicants must understand the specific enrollment requirements of our school and submit application materials by relevant regulations. For specific requirements, see Annex 2 "List of Application Materials for Scholarship for International Chinese Teachers".
(3) Students with academic qualifications must participate in the annual review. For details, please refer to the "Annual Review of International Chinese Teacher Scholarship".
(4) Failure to register on time, unqualified admission physical examination, dropout in the middle of school, suspension of scholarship, cancellation of scholarship qualifications.
(5) If the content of this enrollment guide is inconsistent with the state, the Ministry of Education, or the Language Integration Center, the documents of the State, the Ministry of Education, and the Language Integration Center shall prevail.
Address: No. 55, Guanghua Village Street, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, China