2021 Master's Admissions Guide
Sun Yat-sen University was founded by Mr. Sun Yat-sen and has a tradition of running schools for more than 100 years. As a university directly under the Ministry of Education of China, Sun Yat-sen University has become a first-class domestic and internationally renowned modern comprehensive university through the joint construction of ministries and provinces. It now consists of three campuses, five campuses and ten affiliated hospitals: Guangzhou campus, Zhuhai campus, and Shenzhen campus. Sun Yat-sen University is striding forward to become a world-class university and strives to become a global academic center.
In accordance with the relevant documents and regulations of the Ministry of Education and other relevant departments, combined with the actual situation of our school, this brief is formulated.
Article 1: Application Conditions
(1) Do not have Chinese nationality and hold a valid foreign passport.
(2) To be in good health and must meet the medical examination standards for applying for a study visa or residence permit in China.
(3) Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a Chinese university.
(4) Friendly to China, diligent and studious, excellent grades, good conduct, abiding by laws and regulations, no record of violations of school rules and regulations, no public security penalties, and no criminal record.
(5) Language level
1. To apply for Chinese-taught majors, the HSK score must be at least 180 at level 5 (for masters of Chinese International Education, the HSK score at HSK Level 5 is 210 and above, and the HSKK intermediate level is 60 and above). Applicants who used Chinese to study at the previous level of education must submit a language certificate issued by the school, which can be exempted from providing HSK scores upon verification by our school.
2. To apply for English-taught majors, language proficiency requirements: MBA (International Business Administration) (hereinafter referred to as IMBA) must submit TOEFL (TOEFL iBT) or IELTS (IELTS Academic) score certificates, and must have a TOEFL score of 79 and above (of which 15 points and above in single subjects) or IELTS 6.5 and above (including 5.5 points and above in single subjects). Students who used English to teach in the previous academic education stage must submit a certificate issued by the school. Upon verification by our school, the certificate of English is exempted.
(6) Applicants for scholarship programs must meet the age requirements of each program.
Article 2: Application deadline
March 30, 2021 (Please refer to the application guidelines for each scholarship program for the scholarship application time).
Article 3: Application process
Applicants log on to the "Online Application" on the website of the Office of Foreign Students of Sun Yat-sen University (http://iso.sysu.edu.cn) to register, fill in the application form accurately and completely as required, and upload the following application materials:
(1) Valid passport (if the applicant is already in mainland China, please submit the current valid visa page or residence permit page, and entry stamp page at the same time)
(2) Bachelor's degree certificate (new graduates can first provide the pre-graduation certificate issued by the current school)
(3) Complete transcript for undergraduate level
(4) Language Proficiency Certificate
(5) Recommendation letters signed by two professors or associate professors
(6) Study and Research Program in China
(7) Proof of financial status
(8) Medical report
(10) Other supporting materials that may be required to be submitted
Note: The application materials must be originals in Chinese or English. For documents in other languages, the original documents and notarized Chinese or English translations must be attached.
Article 4: Enrollment majors and enrollment units
(1) Please refer to the attachment for the list of enrollment majors for international students (master's) at Sun Yat-sen University in 2021, and refer to the scholarship application guidelines for the enrollment majors of each scholarship program.
(2) Please refer to the website of Sun Yat-Sen University (http://www.sysu.edu.cn) for the information of each enrollment unit. Please refer to the attachment for the contact list of Sun Yat-sen University's 2021 international student (master's) enrollment unit.
Article 5: Selection procedure
(1) Qualification review
Our school will comprehensively review the applicant's foreign identity, highest education, academic performance, language level, study and research plan, recommendations, etc., and determine the assessment list.
The assessment is organized by the admissions unit, and generally one of the following methods is used: (1) Interview (2) Interview plus written examination. The specific assessment method, location and time are determined by each admissions unit and the applicant is notified.
(3) Admission Policy
Our school will select the best admission based on the applicant's qualification review and assessment results, as well as the professional volunteers reported by the applicant. The list of scholarship winners is subject to the results announced by the scholarship management department.
Our school will publish the pre-admission results through the online registration system. The "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" will be sent from July to August according to the mailing address filled in by the applicant in the online registration system.
(4) Admitted applicants should apply for an X1 visa at the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) with the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China", and convert the X1 visa to a study-type residence permit within 30 days of entry , Those who fail to go through the relevant procedures within the time limit will be disqualified for admission. The school does not accept students with non-study visas to register for admission. Those who have expired visas or residence certificates are not allowed to stay on campus or carry out activities.
Article 6: Charging Standard (Priced in RMB, Unit: Yuan)
(1) Tuition fee (yuan/person/academic year) and registration fee (including necessary entrance examination fees)
Science and Engineering
Registration fee (including necessary entrance examination fees): 400/person
Note: The charging standard is subject to the "Sun Yat-Sen University Education Fees Announcement" of the year.
Note: The charging standard is subject to the "Sun Yat-Sen University Education Fees Announcement" of the year.
(2) Comprehensive insurance for international students in China (including accidental injury, hospitalization and death insurance): RMB 800/person/academic year.
Article 7: Scholarship Program
For the specific application method of the scholarship program, please visit the "Scholarship Program" section of the website of the Office of Foreign Students of our school (http://iso.sysu.edu.cn):
(1) Chinese Government Scholarship "Country Program" (full or partial scholarship)
Applicants who meet the application requirements can apply directly to the international student dispatch department of their country or the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General) in their country. The application time is generally from January to early April each year. The application deadlines vary from country to country. Please pay attention in advance Inquire. For specific application and assessment methods, please refer to the 2021 Chinese Government Scholarship "Country Program" Application Guidelines of Sun Yat-Sen University.
(2) Chinese Government Scholarship "Chinese and Aesthetic Graduates" Special Scholarship Program (full scholarship) (Sun Yat-sen University admission code: 10558)
Applicants from the United States who intend to apply can apply directly to the Foreign Students Office of our school. Application deadline: March 30, 2021.
(3) Chinese Government Scholarship "University Postgraduate" Independent Enrollment Project (full scholarship) (Sun Yat-sen University admission code: 10558)
Sun Yat-sen University is a Chinese government scholarship enrollment institution, and it recruits scholarship graduate students (masters and doctors) of the program from all over the world. Applicants apply directly to the Foreign Students Office of our school. Our school organizes an expert review team to review the application materials and report them to the China Scholarship Council. The admission results are subject to the approval of the China Scholarship Council. Application deadline: March 30, 2021.
(4) International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (Full Scholarship)
Established by the Sino-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center of the Ministry of Education, it is used to support students and Chinese teachers from all over the world to study and study Chinese language and culture in China, and to study for a master's degree in Chinese International Education. Applicants should contact the Confucius Institute in their home country, relevant overseas Chinese test centers, relevant overseas educational institutions, Chinese embassies (consulates), etc. for consultation and obtain recommendations. Application period: March 1, 2021 to May 15, 2021.
(5) Ministry of Commerce "Master of Public Administration in Developing Countries (Chinese Governance)" project (full scholarship) (Sun Yat-sen University admission code: 10558)
For foreign aid projects of the Ministry of Commerce, applicants can generally apply through Chinese embassies and consulates (business offices) abroad before the end of May each year. The details are subject to the enrollment guide published by the Ministry of Commerce that year.
(6) Guangdong Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students in Guangdong (partial scholarship)
Admitted and enrolled non-governmental scholarship freshmen can apply for the Guangdong Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students in Guangdong. Outstanding freshmen can receive scholarships for the first academic year. The standard for the master's scholarship is 20,000 yuan per person, which will be given in a lump sum. The rest of the academic year can continue to apply for this scholarship according to relevant regulations and learning conditions.
Article 8: Accommodation arrangements and insurance regulations
(1) Due to the limited number of rooms on campus, self-financed students need to arrange their own accommodation.
(2) Recipients of the Chinese Government Scholarship and the Chinese-foreign Language Exchange Cooperation Center Scholarship of the Ministry of Education will be arranged on-campus accommodation in accordance with relevant regulations.
(3) The school implements a full insurance system for international students. International students must apply for insurance in accordance with relevant national regulations and school requirements. If the insurance is not purchased in accordance with the regulations, the insurance shall be insured within a time limit; if the insurance is not purchased within the time limit, the school will not be registered; for those who have already studied at the school, they shall be subject to withdrawal.
Article 9: Supervision and Administration
(1) The admitted students must come to the school to complete the registration and registration procedures according to the registration date and registration location required in the "Admission Notice". Early registration of students is not accepted. Those who fail to register without approval will be deemed to have given up their admission qualifications, and scholarship winners will be disqualified.
(2) Applicants shall be responsible for the materials they provide. For applicants who provided false materials to obtain admission qualifications, once verified, their admission qualifications, enrollment qualifications and student status will be cancelled according to the relevant regulations of the country and the school according to the verification time, and the fact that the materials are falsified will be reported to the relevant management department.
(3) In accordance with the relevant regulations and requirements of the Ministry of Education, our school will conduct physical examinations and re-examination of admission qualifications for all admitted applicants after enrollment. Anyone who fails to meet the admission requirements or falsifies will be disqualified for admission or enrollment. Scholarship recipients will be disqualified from the scholarship.
(4) The Foreign Students Office of the Academic Affairs Department of Sun Yat-sen University performs functional supervision responsibilities for enrollment work, and the discipline inspection and supervision department performs special supervision responsibilities.
Article 10: Supplementary Provisions
(1) This brief is applicable to the 2021 international master's enrollment work of Sun Yat-Sen University and will be implemented from the date of announcement.
(2) This guide is authorized by the Sun Yat-sen University’s Undergraduate Admissions Leading Group to interpret the Foreign Students Office of the Academic Affairs Department of Sun Yat-Sen University.
(3) If the policies of the Ministry of Education and relevant departments are adjusted, the new regulations will be implemented.
Admissions consultation telephone: 0086 (20) 84110819
Supervision Office Tel: 0086 (20) 84115582
Fax: 0086 (20) 84115621
Address: Foreign Students Office, Academic Affairs Department, Sun Yat-sen University, Building 524, Northwest District, No. 135, Xingang West Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Postal Code: 510275