Tianjin University currently has 62 undergraduate majors. The undergraduate education system is 4 years (architectural major is 5 years), and most majors are taught in Chinese. The four majors of chemical engineering and technology, environmental science, environmental engineering, and pharmaceutical science can be taught in English (of which pharmaceutical science is only available in English). Those who have completed the prescribed teaching plan, passed the assessment, and passed the graduation thesis defense will be awarded a bachelor's degree certificate; those who have passed the degree review will be awarded a bachelor's degree. In addition, all Chinese-taught undergraduates must reach Level 5 of the International Chinese Proficiency Standards before graduation, and all English-taught undergraduates must reach Level 4 of the International Chinese Proficiency Standards before graduation.
(1) Eligibility for application
1. Non-Chinese citizens, and meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education Jiaowaihan  No. 12 documents.
2.18-30 years old, graduated from high school. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2021, must submit the original guardian's notarized certificate issued by the Tianjin Regional Notary Public Office. The guardian must be a resident with permanent residence in Tianjin.
3. Language ability:
Applicants for science and engineering majors must have a score of 195 or higher in HSK Level 4, and applicants for business and liberal arts majors must have a score of 180 or more at HSK Level 5 (mother tongue is Chinese or Chinese is used in high school. Applicants who are certified by our school can be exempted from providing HSK scores);
Applicants for English-taught courses must have an English proficiency of IELTS6.0 or TOEFL80 or above (applicants from English-speaking countries recognized by our school can be exempted).
4. The applicant is of good character, physically and mentally healthy, and willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of Tianjin University.
(2) How to apply
Applicants should log in to the International Student Management System of Tianjin University within the time specified by Tianjin University, register and fill in the application information, and upload the required application materials (see the list of materials below).
1. Application time:
First batch: October 31, 2020-January 15, 2021
Admission results announcement time: early February 2021
Second batch: February 15, 2021-March 30, 2021
Admission results announcement time: early April 2021
The third batch: April 15, 2021-June 15, 2021
Admission results announcement time: early July 2021
Remarks: The application system is normally open during the winter holidays. Due to the limited enrollment of Tianjin University, applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
2. Upload a list of application materials:
1) The original high school graduation certificate or a scanned copy of the original notarized copy (the original high school graduation certificate or the original notarized copy of the original high school graduation certificate must be submitted after admission).
2) Scanned copies of original or notarized original transcripts of all courses in high school; or scanned copies of internationally accepted standardized test scores (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB, etc.).
3) A scanned copy of the first page of the passport (ordinary passport within the validity period); for applicants who were originally Chinese citizens and later became foreign nationals, or applicants who hold foreign passports but one or both of their parents are Chinese citizens, they need to provide proof of naturalization time and give up Proof of Chinese nationality and visa records for the past four years.
4) Proof of Chinese or English proficiency (please refer to application qualifications for specific requirements).
5) Personal statement or study plan (over 600 words).
6) "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (must be filled out in English and inspected strictly by the items listed in the form. Since the inspection result is valid for 6 months, applicants are requested to determine the time of the medical examination accordingly).
7) Applicants who have already studied in China need to submit the passport visa page and the transfer certificate issued by the current school.
8) Proof of no criminal record (new graduates can submit proof of good school performance).
9) Other attachments (for example, students applying for architecture majors need to submit scanned copies of five sketches, self-funded and Tianjin University scholarship applicants need to provide a deposit certificate issued by a bank or a work income certificate from a financial guarantor, less than 18 The guardian's notarized certificate, certificate of award, etc.).
3. Application instructions:
1) All proofs and certificates uploaded must be original or notarized copies in Chinese or English. For documents in other languages, the original document and the notarized English or Chinese translation must be uploaded at the same time;
2) Please scan and upload relevant documents in color with a scanner. Documents taken by mobile phones or cameras will not be accepted, and copies will not be accepted;
3) In the process of reviewing the uploaded application materials, Tianjin University may require some applicants to provide the original/notarized written version of the application materials or the certification documents issued by the designated certification body for further inspection. Applicants should ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate, otherwise, the admission qualification will be canceled.
(3) Review and admission
Tianjin University will select the best candidates based on the applicant's high school grades, language proficiency, and interview results (interview time will be notified separately). Applicants please pay attention to the email or log in to the online application system of Tianjin University to check the progress and status of the application. Students who intend to be admitted (except pre-admitted students for Chinese government scholarships) must prepay the deposit online within the time specified by the school and send a screenshot of the prepaid voucher to the online application system of Tianjin University (tju.at0086.cn/student). After receiving the advance certificate, Tianjin University will issue paper versions of "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" to admitted applicants in July. The deposit will not be refunded if the student quits registering to study at our school due to personal reasons.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (Type A) (Chinese-taught only)
Applicants should apply directly through the local embassy or consulate. When filling in the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form", you need to fill in "Tianjin University" as the first choice in the "Applying Institutions" column. Applicants are advised to apply to the embassies and consulates abroad after confirming their pre-admission qualifications from our school.
2. Qiushi Scholarship/Tianjin University Scholarship/Tianjin University Chemical Engineering Special Scholarship
Applicants please fill in the application form and upload it to the "Other" column of Tianjin University's online application system.
Qiushi Scholarship Application Form
Tianjin University Scholarship Application Form
Tianjin University Chemical Engineering Special Scholarship Application Form
(5) Visa application and admission
Candidates should bring their ordinary passports, "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China", "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" and all original medical examination reports, etc., to the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) Chinese study (X1) visa, with the above-mentioned materials, go to Tianjin University to go through the formalities for admission to Tianjin University according to the time specified in the notice.
Tianjin University's fall registration time is usually at the end of August or early September. Freshmen must bring the required original degree certificate for the school to review their eligibility for admission and provide the original certificate of the degree certificate issued by the graduate school or accreditation agency. Those who do not meet the admission requirements will be disqualified from admission.
(6) Expenses (calculated in RMB)
1. Application fee: 420 yuan;
2. Please refer to the online application system of Tianjin University for the tuition standard of each discipline and each project;
3. Accidental injury and hospitalization medical insurance premium: 800 yuan/academic year;
4. Accommodation fees: Weijin Road campus (60 yuan/day for single rooms, 50 yuan/day for double rooms), Beiyangyuan campus (40 yuan/day for single rooms).
(7) Contact information
Admissions Office for International Students, School of International Education, Tianjin University, 92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin
Post Code: 300072
Website: http://sie.tju.edu.cn/; www.tju.edu.cn