(1) Enrollment category and scholarship period
Master's degree students: The scholarship period is 3 years;
Doctoral students: The scholarship period is 3 years.
1. During the period of studying in China, professional courses are taught in English in principle, and clinical courses can be taught in Chinese according to the requirements of the instructor.
2. The duration of the scholarship is the length of study determined at the time of admission and will not be extended.
(2) Application channels and application time
Applicants should apply to Tianjin Medical University within the specified time. The application period is from January 1 to April 28 each year. All paper application documents must arrive at Tianjin Medical University before April 28. Overdue applications will not be accepted. Postmark shall prevail). According to the school calendar arrangement of Tianjin Medical University, the office of Tianjin Medical University is closed during the winter vacation from January to March every year, and only accepts online consultations and does not accept mail. Express mail may be returned to the sender. The application documents must be sent by the post office, and another express delivery is not accepted.
(3) Applicant qualifications
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2. Applicants must have relevant professional degrees and work experience, and scholarship applicants must be students who are not studying or working in China;
3. Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
Applicants for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant major and be under the age of 35;
Applicants for a doctorate must have a master's degree in related majors and be under 40 years of age.
(4) Tuition fee standard
1. Self-financed students: RMB 50,000 per year/Master; RMB 52,000 per year/PhD
2. Chinese government scholarship students: exempt from registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory fees, internship fees, basic textbook fees, and on-campus accommodation fees; enjoy Chinese government scholarship international students' comprehensive medical insurance.
1) Scholarship students are required to conduct experiments or internships that exceed the school's teaching plan, and the excess expenses shall be borne by themselves.
2) Fees for basic textbooks: refer to the necessary textbooks designated by the school to provide scholarship students free of charge; other books and materials are at their own expense.
3) Living expenses standard for the scholarship:
Master's degree students: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral students: RMB 3,500/month
The living expenses of the scholarship will be paid by the school every month from the date of enrollment of the scholarship students. Freshmen who register before the 15th (including the 15th) of the month will receive a full-month scholarship living allowance; those who register after the 15th will receive a half-month scholarship living allowance. The scholarship living expenses of graduates shall be paid half a month after the graduation date determined by the school. For those who suspend, drop out, or return to China after graduation, the scholarship living allowance will be suspended from next month.
The scholarship living allowance will be issued during the school holidays; scholarship students who fail to receive the scholarship living allowance on time due to leaving school during the holiday can be repaid after returning to school. For scholarship students who do not apply for leave and do not register on time, leave school for non-health reasons, or absent from school for up to 15%, the scholarship living allowance for the month will be suspended. After enrollment, you can enjoy a maximum of two vacations a year, each not exceeding four weeks, and scholarships will be deducted if they are overdue.
During the semester, students who leave school and leave the country need to fill in the postgraduate leave form formulated by the school, signed by the tutor and approved by the training unit, and handed to the International School of Medicine. The student keeps the photocopy for future reference. Those who leave school and leave the country without filling in the leave form will deduct the scholarship for more than one month depending on the circumstances until the scholarship qualification is canceled.
Scholarship students who need to suspend their studies due to serious illnesses should return to their country to recuperate and pay for their own travel expenses; after the school approves the suspension of scholarships, the scholarship qualifications can be retained for up to one year, but the scholarship living expenses will be suspended during the suspension period. Scholarship students who suspend their studies due to other reasons, their qualifications for scholarships will not be retained.
4) Comprehensive insurance for international students studying in China under Chinese government scholarship: Comprehensive medical insurance paid by the Chinese Ministry of Education for scholarship students in China. It is mainly used for the expenses paid by the students for hospitalization due to serious illness or personal accidental injury. The insurance expenses shall be accepted by the designated rescue agency, and the receipt of the relevant expenses shall be paid to the insurance company by the insurance clauses stipulated in advance. Outpatient medical expenses: paid by the insurance company's standards. Insurance companies do not accept individual claims for Chinese government scholarship students.
5) International travel expenses: self-care.
6) Accommodation conditions: All graduate students are in double rooms, and the school does not provide single rooms. All personnel other than the students are not allowed to live in the international student dormitories. Students who live off-campus are responsible for their own accommodation fees. Tianjin Medical University does not provide off-campus accommodation subsidies.
(5) Enrollment process:
1. Before applying, please confirm the major you are studying, and contact the instructor of the relevant major. The major in the application documents shall prevail, and the major cannot be changed after enrollment.
2. The tutor will issue a Chinese acceptance letter, and Tianjin Medical University will begin the enrollment procedures.
3. After completing enrollment, Tianjin Medical University will select and recommend Chinese government scholarship students from the admitted students. Issue admission notices to admitted applicants.
(6) Provision of application materials
Applicants must truthfully fill in and submit the following application materials (all in triplicate)
1. Applicants must register online on the website of the China Scholarship Council, fill in the information, and print the generated documents. School code: 10062
2. Notarized highest education certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. If the applicant is already employed, a notarized employment certificate issued by the employer must be submitted. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Notarized academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. Study and research plan in China (not less than 800 words), written in Chinese or English;
6. Applicants are required to submit personal self-introduction videos in Chinese or English and video-recording discs (DVDs) of related professional work abilities. The video format is AVI or MP4, and the time is 5-10 minutes.
7. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, written in Chinese or English;
8. "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" (copy, the original should be kept by yourself): This form is uniformly printed by the Chinese health and quarantine department and must be filled out in English. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" for inspection. The "Foreigner Physical Examination Record" that is missing, does not have a photo of the person affixed, or the photo is not stamped with a seam seal, is not signed and stamped by the doctor and the hospital is invalid. Because the examination result is valid for 6 months, the applicant is requested to determine the time for the physical examination accordingly.
9. Other relevant materials that can prove the applicant's professional and personal background.
The above application materials should be submitted to Tianjin Medical University by the students themselves before April 28.
(7) Admission and notification
1. Tianjin Medical University will review the applicant's application materials and decide on candidates for admission.
2. Tianjin Medical University will send the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW201/202 Form) to the students themselves.
3. All admitted students must report to Tianjin Medical University before 5:00 pm on September 14. Scholarship recipients must be managed by the relevant provisions of the Chinese Government Scholarship after coming to China. The scholarship recipients of this program cannot change their admission institutions, majors, and duration of study after they come to China.
(8) Contact information
Tianjin Medical University
Address: No. 22, Meteorological Station Road, Heping District, Tianjin, China
Post Code: 300070