Tongji University International Doctoral Scholarship
1. Training purpose and mode
In order to build the brand of Chinese higher education and build a double-class university, our school has specially established the "Tongji University International Doctoral Scholarship" to cultivate outstanding international doctoral students with an international vision, knowledge of China, love of Tongji, and ability to engage in cutting-edge scientific research in the future. .
This project is limited to foreign students. Doctoral students must complete the course study plan approved by the Academic Steering Committee, complete the thesis research work, and meet the requirements of the corresponding doctoral student training program of Tongji University.
Enrollment majors are not limited. All doctoral supervisors who have the qualifications to recruit Chinese doctoral students and have the corresponding foreign language ability can recruit students.
Eligibility for application
Applicants should have a basis for master's degree studies, have the ability to complete the study tasks at the doctoral level, and have the potential to engage in scientific research and teaching. Applicants should meet the following conditions:
1. Non-Chinese citizens who are not more than 40 years old and are physically and mentally healthy;
2. The undergraduate and master's stages are completed in well-known foreign universities or domestic double-class universities;
3. Obtain a master's degree and degree;
4. Excellent academic performance (equivalent to an average score of 85 or more or a GPA of 3.8 or more);
5. Obvious scientific research ability and outstanding development potential. During the master's degree, he published one article as the first author or two articles as the second author in SCI, EI, SSCI, A&HCI, CSSCI or similar journals;
6. Have not obtained other scholarships from the Chinese government or the school at the same time.
7. Applicants should have good language skills. (For specific language proficiency requirements, please refer to the application materials requirements)
Application time for spring semester: November-December
Application time for fall semester: January to April
(For details about the opening hours of the online application system, please follow the update on the website of the Office of International Students)
1. Visit the following website to learn about Tongji University admission information: https://study.tongji.edu.cn/lxsq/xwxm_zwsk.htm
2. The applicant should contact the relevant professional instructor and fill in "APPLICATION FORM OF TONGJI UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTS.doc" and send the electronic version of the application form together with the electronic version of other application materials to the tutor. After the tutor reviews the materials, fill in his opinion on the scholarship application form and return it to the applicant.
3. Applicants log on to the online registration system of Tongji University http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn to register online, upload all application materials, and complete the submission.
1. "Tongji University International Doctoral Scholarship Application Form", with the signature of the person and the tutor;
2. Personal information page of my ordinary passport.
3. Master's degree certificate and degree certificate.
Certificates in languages other than Chinese or English must provide the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation, and the notarized copy of the document must be provided by the Chinese embassy or consulate in the foreign country;
For fresh graduates, the original certificate of expected graduation will be issued by the school where they belong. If they are admitted, they must bring the original certificate of graduation for verification when registering.
4. Original or notarized transcripts of all master's courses.
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be provided with original notarized copies of Chinese or English translations, and notarized copies of documents must be provided by the Chinese embassy or consulate in China.
5. Proof of language ability.
Professional language requirements for teaching in Chinese:
For science and engineering subjects, a copy of the new HSK Level 4 (total score ≥180 points) or above certificate is required;
Construction, medicine, economics and management are required to provide a copy of the new version of HSK 4 (total score ≥ 200 points) or above;
Liberal arts and art majors are required to provide a copy of the new HSK Level 5 (total score ≥180 points) or above certificate.
(If the previous stage of study is taught in Chinese, a certificate of Chinese teaching is required, and HSK certificate is exempted.)
Language requirements for teaching in English:
If the applicant is from a non-English speaking country, the applicant should submit proof of his/her English proficiency.
If the applicant's studies in the previous stage were taught in English, they need to submit proof of teaching in English and do not need to take the official English test. Otherwise, applicants need to submit a valid official English transcript. Applicants can choose to take any of the following official English tests: TOEFL or IELTS. The English transcript should be one test score of the applicant within two years before the application date. Under special circumstances, the supervisor of Tongji University contacted by the applicant strongly recommends that the committee considers waiving the requirement of English certification materials as appropriate.
6. Two letters of recommendation.
Original recommendation letters from two associate professors or scholars with corresponding professional titles and above (the contact information of the recommender must be stated).
7. Personal statement.
About 1500 words, written in Chinese (taught in Chinese) or English (taught in English). The content should include personal study, work experience, academic research results, research plan, personal development goals after graduation, etc.
8. Foreigner's physical examination form (within six months) or the current valid visa in China.
9. Proof of registration fee payment.
For remittances through offline banks or online banking, a photo of the remittance voucher or a screenshot of the online remittance must be submitted;
Remittances through the online application system do not need to be submitted.
10. List of published papers, abstracts, or other materials that can prove their research capabilities.
11. Other supporting application materials.
For example, foreign student tutors agree to guide letters, award certificates, other university admission notices, etc.
In addition to the above application materials, our office may require applicants to provide supplementary materials when necessary.
All application materials must be uploaded when applying online, and materials without corresponding items should be uploaded to the supplementary materials column.
When registering at the school, please bring the relevant certificates and original documents for inspection (specific requirements will be included in the "Registration Instructions" and sent along with the admission notice, please pay attention to it at that time.) Once the false materials are found, the admission qualification will be cancelled .
Tuition, living expenses, accommodation security and insurance
Once the applicant obtains this scholarship, Tongji University will waive the full tuition fee
2. Living expenses
Living expenses for international doctoral students: 5000 yuan/month, 12 months in a year
3. Accommodation guarantee
On-campus dormitories are provided by the school.
The school provides comprehensive medical insurance and major illness and accident insurance for international students in China.
Admission and registration
1. Please pay attention to the application status of the online application system at any time. If you are admitted, the application status will be changed to the admission status, and then the "Tongji University Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China" (JW202 form) will be sent. .
2. The admitted applicants should take ordinary passports, "Tongji University Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW202 Form) to the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) to apply for an entry study (X1) visa, and With the above materials, go to Tongji University to go through the formalities for admission to Tongji University according to the time specified in the notice (entry with an X1 visa must apply for a residence permit at the Exit-Entry Administration Office of Shanghai Public Security Bureau within 30 days of entry);
3. In principle, post-entry doctoral students should pass the qualification examination/examination for doctoral students in the first academic year.
Other matters needing attention
1. The registration and registration procedures must be completed in accordance with the time set by the school. Those who fail to register without approval will be treated as automatically abandoning their student status, and the scholarship qualifications obtained will be automatically canceled;
2. Participate in the annual review of the scholarship as required. Those who fail to pass the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarship;
3. In principle, it is not allowed to change the study major and study period.
Foreign Students Office of Tongji University
Address: 705, Zhonghe Building, 1239 Siping Road, Shanghai
Post Code: 200092
Phone: 0086-21-65983611; 0086-21-6598388
SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO