Tsinghua University was established in 1911, originally under the name “Tsing Hua Imperial College”. The school was renamed "Tsing Hua College" in 1912. The university section was founded in 1925. The name “National Tsing Hua University” was adopted in 1928.
After the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War in 1937, it moved south to Changsha and established the National Changsha Provisional University with Peking University and Nankai University. In 1938, it moved to Kunming and was renamed the National Southwest Associated University.
Moved back to Tsinghua Park in 1946, with 5 colleges and 26 departments including liberal arts, law, science, engineering, and agriculture.
After the adjustment of the faculties and departments of national institutions of higher learning in 1952, Tsinghua University became a multidisciplinary industrial university, focusing on cultivating engineering and technical talents for the country, and was known as the "cradle of red engineers."
Since the reform and opening up, Tsinghua University has gradually established the long-term goal of building a world-class university and entered a new period of vigorous development.
The school has successively restored or newly built science, economics, management, and liberal arts disciplines, and established a graduate school and a continuing education college. In 1999, it merged with the Central Academy of Art and Design to form the Academy of Fine Arts of Tsinghua University.
In 2012, the former Graduate School of the People's Bank of China was merged into Wudaokou School of Finance, Tsinghua University. With the strong support of the country and society, through the implementation of the "211 Project" and the "985 Project" to carry out the construction of "Double First Class".
Tsinghua University has achieved achievements in personnel training, scientific research, social services, cultural inheritance and innovation, and international cooperation and exchanges. Great progress has been made.
At present, Tsinghua University has a total of 21 colleges and 59 departments and has become a science, engineering, literature, art, history, philosophy, economics, management, law, education and medicine, and other 11 disciplines. A comprehensive, research-oriented university.
Looking forward to the future, Tsinghua University will uphold the school motto of "Continuous Self-improvement, Virtue, and Dedication" and the school spirit of "Actions speak louder than words", adhere to the school style of "Integration of Chinese and Western.
Integration of ancient and modern, penetration of arts and sciences" and "red, professional and comprehensive" "Development" is the training characteristic, carry forward the tradition of "patriotic dedication, the pursuit of excellence" and the spirit of "Naturalism", guided by Xi Jinping’s new era of socialism with Chinese characteristics.
In-depth study and implementation of the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, adhere to the right direction and persistence Led to foster people, persist in serving the country, persist in reform and innovation.
Continue to deepen comprehensive reforms and "double first-class" construction, strive to be at the forefront of creating world-class universities, and make new contributions to the realization of the connotative development of higher education and the building of a higher education power. Greater contribution.
|1911||Tsinghua Academy was established|
|1912||Changed its name to Tsinghua School|
|1925||Established the University Department and opened the Institute of Chinese Studies|
|1928||Changed its name to National Tsing Hua University|
|1929||Set up a liberal arts college, a science college, and a law school|
|1932||School of Engineering|
|1933||Start recruiting public-sponsored students studying in the U.S.|
|1937||Formation of National Changsha Provisional University|
|1938||Changsha Provisional University moved to Kunming and changed its name to National Southwest Associated University|
|1946||Demobilized and started school in Tsinghua Park and set up an agricultural college|
|1952||Become a multidisciplinary industrial university|
|1970||Recruit workers, peasants, and soldiers|
|1977||Resumption of admissions for the college entrance examination|
|1984||Established the Graduate School Established the School of Economics and Management|
|1985||Rebuild the College of Science and establish the College of Continuing Education|
|1988||Establishment of the School of Architecture|
|1993||Established the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|1994||Established the School of Information Science and Technology|
|1996||Established the School of Mechanical Engineering|
|1999||The Central Academy of Art and Design was merged into the Academy of Fine Arts of Tsinghua University|
|2000||Established the School of Civil Engineering and Water Conservancy Established the School of Public Administration|
|2001||Established medical school and software school|
|2002||Established the School of Journalism and Communication|
|2003||401 Hospital and 402 Hospital were merged into Tsinghua University to become affiliated hospitals (Huaxin Hospital and Yuquan Hospital)|
|2004||Established the Academy of Aeronautics and Astronautics|
|2006||Peking Union Medical College changed its name to Peking Union Medical College-Tsinghua University School of Medicine|
|2008||Established the Marxist Academy|
|2009||Established the School of Life Sciences|
|2011||100th anniversary of the establishment of the School of Environment|
|2012||Established the Wudaokou School of Finance, the School of Humanities, the School of Social Sciences, and the School of Materials|
|2015||Established the School of PharmacyEstablished Schwarzman College|
|2016||Establishment of the Department of Earth System Sciences Establishment of the Clinical School of Medicine|
|2017||Establishment of the Department of History of Science|
|2019||Established the Department of AstronomyEstablished the School of Vehicles and Transportation|
|2020||Established Vanke School of Public Health and Health|