1. Q: What kind of university is Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Tianjin University of Science and Technology is a key construction university jointly established by the central and local governments in Tianjin. It has been selected into the National High School Disciplinary Innovation and Talent Introduction Program, the Ministry of Education’s "Outstanding Engineer Education and Training Program" colleges and universities, and Tianjin’s "Double First-Class" construction colleges. The school was founded in 1958 and was named Hebei Institute of Light Industry at the time. It was one of the first batches of four light industry undergraduate colleges in my country. It was once affiliated to the former Ministry of Light Industry and was the cradle of talent training in the light industry. In 2002, the school was renamed Tianjin University of Science and Technology. In 2018, the Tianjin Municipal Education Commission and the People's Government of Binhai New Area signed a strategic cooperation agreement to jointly build Tianjin University of Science and Technology to support the school's construction of a high-level and characteristic university with world-class disciplines.
2. Q: What is the school code of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
3. Q: How many campuses does Tianjin University of Science and Technology have?
A: The school has two campuses in Binhai and Hexi, with a total area of about 2,300 acres and a total construction area of about 900,000 square meters.
4. Q: What is the school address of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: School address:
Binhai Campus: No. 9, 13th Street, Economic and Technological Development Zone, Binhai New Area, Tianjin
Hexi Campus: No. 1038, Dagu South Road, Hexi District, Tianjin
5. Q: How about the faculty of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: The school has more than 2,000 faculty members, more than 400 doctoral tutors, and master tutors, including 5 double-employed academicians, 1 candidate for the Outstanding Youth Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and 2 candidates for the National Ten Thousand Talents Program. There is a national teaching staff. 1 famous teacher, 2 members of the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council, 4 national outstanding teachers, national-level candidates for the New Century Talent Project, national-level young and middle-aged experts with outstanding contributions, candidates for the New Century Excellent Talent Support Program, There are more than one hundred high-level talents, including experts who enjoy special government allowances from the State Council, experts awarded by Tianjin, specially-appointed professors in Tianjin, first and second-level 131 innovative talents in Tianjin, and famous teachers in Tianjin universities.
6. Q: What is the general situation of the faculties and departments of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Tianjin University of Science and Technology has: School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Electronic Information and Automation, School of Food Science and Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Materials, School of Bioengineering, School of Ocean and Environment, School of Light Industry Science and Engineering, School of Art and Design, Economics 16 colleges (departments) including the School of Management, the School of Arts and Law, the School of Artificial Intelligence, the School of Science, the School of Foreign Languages, the School of Marxism, the School of Continuing Education, and the Department of Physical Education
7. Q: What are the specialty majors of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Food Science and Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Biological Engineering, Light Chemical Engineering.
8. Q: What is the national bilingual teaching model course of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Introduction to Food Science and Technology.
9. Q: How is the library of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: The library of Tianjin University of Science and Technology consists of three parts: Hexi Campus Library, TEDA Middle Campus Library, and TEDA West Campus Library. The library has a collection of more than 2.27 million books and subscribes to nearly 2,000 current newspapers and periodicals in both Chinese and foreign languages each year. The collection focuses on pulp and paper, food science and engineering, biotechnology and engineering, and disciplines, followed by marine and materials chemical engineering, mechanical electronics And automation, economics, management, foreign languages, law and politics, art, and other majors and disciplines. The collection of foreign language periodicals on pulp and paper, food, biotechnology, and engineering is relatively complete. In 1989, an inter-ministerial literature resource survey was conducted and it was determined that the library's literature collection of the two majors and disciplines of papermaking and food was at a research-level.
10. Q: What is the Ivy of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Ivy is sponsored by the Propaganda Department of the Party Committee of Tianjin University of Science and Technology, and the "Ivy" series of websites (new edition) hosted by the trust Media Center aims to further strengthen the school's network culture construction and prosper the campus network public opinion atmosphere, and its main body of the communication is for the whole school Teachers and students, including teachers and students of other schools, superiors, parents of students, social figures, etc. In 2010, the Ivy League website was rated as an outstanding achievement in the construction of college campus culture by the Ideological and Political Department of the Ministry of Education, and in the same year as the "Tianjin Excellent Campus Media" by the Education Working Committee of the Tianjin Municipal Party Committee. In 2011 and 2012, he was selected as one of the “Tianjin Top Ten Campus Media” by the Tianjin School Media Alliance for two consecutive years.
11. Q: What is the funding type of the International Student Scholarship of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: This scholarship is for foreign students studying at Tianjin University of Science and Technology and foreign students who wish to study at Tianjin University of Science and Technology. It mainly provides tuition subsidies for foreign students applying for a bachelor's degree or above in Tianjin University of Science and Technology and outstanding students studying at Tianjin University of Science and Technology.
12. Q: How long is the funding period for the International Student Scholarship of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students: one academic year.
13. Q: What are the types of scholarships for international students at Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: There are two types of scholarships: full scholarship and half scholarship.
14. Q: What are the funding contents and standards of the International Student Scholarship of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Full scholarships include tuition and registration fees, accommodation fees, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance; half of the scholarships only include tuition and registration fees.
15. Q: What are the application requirements for the International Student Scholarship of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Application conditions:
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, in good health, and have no criminal record;
(2) Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements;
Applicants for undergraduate studies should obtain a diploma or certificate equivalent to Chinese high school graduation, and be under the age of 25; postgraduate applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with two letters of recommendation from a professor or associate professor, and under the age of 35; Doctoral degree holders should have a master's degree or equivalent, have two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, and be under the age of 40;
(3) The language proficiency requirements of the applicant;
Applicants should have the Chinese proficiency required by the applying school and provide relevant certificates, such as an HSK certificate, another Chinese language study, test certificate, etc. Foreign students who directly teach majors can relax the conditions appropriately. English language.
(4) The applicant has not applied for other forms of scholarship at the same time;
(5) Application requirements for current students
- Foreign self-financed undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral students who have normally registered at Tianjin University of Science and Technology and have not applied for suspension, retention of student status, or extension of schooling in the previous year.
- Applicants must be of good character, no absenteeism or other violations of school rules on campus, and no violation of Chinese laws and regulations outside the school.
- In the previous school year, he had a correct learning attitude, hard work, and excellent academic performance.
- The applicant did not enjoy any other scholarships that year.
(6) Interview evaluation: After reviewing the paper application materials of freshmen and current students, the college will conduct an interview evaluation of the students and give the final admission results.
16. Q: What is the contact information of Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: Contact information:
Mailing address: No. 1038, Dagu South Road, Hexi District, Tianjin, China
Zip code: 300222
Contact number: 022-60600236, 60600233, 60600234
17. Q: I have purchased insurance in my own country, do I need to buy it when I come to Tianjin University of Science and Technology to study?
A: Need to buy
18. Q: Can international students from Tianjin University of Science and Technology get insurance if they go to private hospitals for treatment?
A: No. The medical institutions involved in the medical insurance liability for international students are limited to public hospitals in the mainland of the People’s Republic of China.
19.Q: After arriving in China, what about the visas for international students from Tianjin University of Science and Technology?
A: The X1 visa needs to be converted into a residence permit within 30 days after arrival in China; the X2 visa does not need to be changed into a residence permit.
20. Q: What materials do I need to prepare for the X1 visa for international students from Tianjin University of Science and Technology to convert into a residence permit?
A: Admission notice (original), visa application form for foreigners studying in China (original), physical examination form for foreigners (original), original and photocopy of passport (photo page, visa page, and entry stamp page each), 3 photos (the size of a passport photo), new students will be organized by the staff of the International Students Office to handle them.
21. Q: Do all international students from Tianjin University of Science and Technology have to purchase medical insurance for studying in China?
A: The Ministry of Education of China stipulates that all self-financed international students studying in China for more than half a year (including half a year) must go through the procedures for applying for China's comprehensive medical insurance when registering, otherwise the school will not be registered. Premium: RMB 400/half a year, RMB 800/year.