Scholarship for foreign students
1. Type of funding
This scholarship is for foreign students studying at Tianjin University of Science and Technology and foreign students who want to study at Tianjin University of Science and Technology. It mainly provides tuition subsidies for foreign students who are applying to study at Tianjin University of Science and Technology at the undergraduate level and above, and outstanding students who are studying at Tianjin University of Science and Technology.
2. Funding period
Undergraduates, masters, and doctoral students: one academic year. (Tianjin University of Science and Technology scholarship needs to be applied every year, that is, applicants who have qualified academic records and good performance at school after enrollment are eligible to apply for the second year scholarship during the second year scholarship application stage).
3. Scholarship category
The scholarship is divided into two categories: full scholarship and half scholarship.
4. Scholarship content and standards
Full scholarships include tuition and registration fees, accommodation fees, living expenses, and comprehensive medical insurance; half scholarships only include tuition and registration fees.
5. Date of Application
May-June each year
6. Application conditions
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, in good health, and have no criminal record;
(2) Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements;
Applicants for undergraduate studies should obtain a diploma or certificate equivalent to a Chinese senior high school graduation, and should be under the age of 25; applicants for postgraduate studies should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications, with two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, and their age Under 35 years of age; Applicants who are studying for a doctoral degree should have a master's degree or equivalent academic qualifications, have two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors, and are under 40 years of age;
(3) Applicant's language proficiency requirements;
Applicants should have the Chinese proficiency required by the school they are applying for, and provide relevant certificates, such as HSK certificate, other Chinese language learning, and examination certificates, etc. The conditions can be appropriately relaxed for foreign students who directly teach majors in English.
(4) The applicant has not applied for other forms of scholarship at the same time;
(5) Application conditions for current students
5.1 Self-financed foreign undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral students who have normally registered at Tianjin University of Science and Technology, and have not applied for suspension, retention of student status, or extension of the school system in the previous year.
5.2 Applicants must behave well, have no absenteeism and other violations of school rules and regulations on campus, and have no violations of Chinese laws and regulations outside the school.
5.3 Correct learning attitude, hard work, and excellent academic performance in the previous academic year.
5.4 The applicant did not enjoy any other scholarships in the year.
(6) Interview assessment: After reviewing the paper application materials for freshmen and current students, the college will conduct an interview assessment for the enrolled students and give the final admission result.
7. Application materials and procedures
(1) List of materials (see guidelines for details)
The "Tianjin University of Science and Technology Scholarship" application form and material checklist form can be downloaded from the website of the International Exchange Office of Tianjin University of Science and Technology.
(2) Applicants who sign up for Ph.D. and master's degree students should contact the relevant college tutor in advance, and get the tutor's consent to receive the recommendation letter signed and the college leader agrees to receive and affix the official seal of the college.
8. Receiving department and contact information
Registration location: International Exchange Office of Tianjin University of Science and Technology
Mailing address: No. 1038, Dagu South Road, Hexi District, Tianjin, China,
Contact number: 022-60600236, 60600233, 60600234
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org