Tianjin Government Scholarship
To promote foreign exchanges, training of talents, scientific research, community service, and cultural communication of Tianjin’s colleges and universities, the Tianjin Municipal Education Commission has set up the Tianjin Government Scholarship for international students. Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TUTCM) is one of the universities supporting this scholarship.
Partial scholarship for outstanding Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, and Doctoral degree students.
Bachelor's degree student: 20,000 RMB
Master's degree student: 30,000 RMB
Doctoral degree student: 40,000 RMB
Majors related to degree education (for detailed information, please consult Admission Office or visit TUTCM’s website).
IV. Applicants' Qualifications
1) Non-Chinese Citizen; in good health
2) Requirements on applicants' academic background and ages
1. Bachelor's degree applicants: senior high school diploma with equal validity to that of Chinese high school; under the age of 30.
2. Master's degree applicants: bachelor's degree or degree with equal validity to bachelor’s degree; two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors; under the age of 35.
3. Doctoral degree applicants: master's degree or degree with equal validity to master’s degree; two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors; under the age of 40.
3) Language levels
The applicants should meet the language requirements of TUTCM, and provide relevant certifications: HSK certificate or other certificates on the Chinese Language test. But the requirement is not as strict for those who only attend the courses in English.
4) The applicants are not allowed to apply for other kinds of scholarships.
5) The requirements for on-campus applicants
1. The applicants must be self-financing Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, and Doctoral degree international students who have already registered in TUTCM. Applicants who have asked for suspension of schooling, retaining student status, or extension of schooling over the last academic year are not qualified.
2. Applicants must have a good performance in school: NO absence, violations of school regulations, or violations of Chinese laws and regulations.
3. Applicants must have a good attitude toward study and work hard, whose academic performance should be excellent in the previous academic year.
4. No other scholarships in the same year.
6) Applicants should meet the enrollment requirements of TUTCM (for detailed information, please consult the Admission Office or visit TUTCM’s website)
V. Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents:
1) Application Form for Tianjin Government Scholarship (the form is available in Admission Office and TUTCM’s website);
2) Notarized highest diploma and GPA;
3) Foreigners’ Physical Examination Form;
4) Study plan or research plan;
5) Copy of passport;
6) HSK certificate (the requirement is not as strict for those who only attend the courses in English);
1. Application documents will NOT be returned no matter the applicants are admitted or not.
2.Notarized document is needed if the certificate material is not written in Chinese or English.
Apply to the Admission Office of International Education College, TUTCM. The final results will be posted before June 30.
VII. Application Deadline
May 31 every year
International Education College
TianjinUniversityof Traditional Chinese Medicine
Add: 88 Yuquan Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, P.R. China, 300193
Tel: 86-22-59596555; 86-22-27374931