Chinese Government Scholarship
(1) Project brief
To enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and the people of other countries in the world, and to develop exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries in various fields, the Chinese government has set up scholarships to support outstanding international students, teachers, and scholars from all over the world to study or carry out research in Chinese universities.
Entrusted by China's Ministry of Education, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences recruits outstanding young students from all over the world to pursue postgraduate degrees and provides full scholarships.
(2) Funding content and standards
1. Tuition fee
Doctoral students are free of the tuition fee of RMB 40000 / academic year;
Master's students are free of the tuition fee of RMB 30000 / academic year.
2. Registration fee
Scholarship applicants are exempted from the application fee of RMB 600.
3. Cost of living
The subsidy standard for doctoral students is 5000 yuan per month, of which 1500 yuan is provided by the tutor/training unit.
The subsidy standard for postgraduates is 3500 yuan per month, of which 500 yuan is provided by the tutor/training unit.
There is no need to pay for on-campus accommodation, while off-campus accommodation can apply for accommodation subsidy, which is not more than 700 yuan/month for master's students / ordinary advanced students, and 1000 yuan/month for doctoral students / advanced students.
5. Insurance premium
The insurance cost is 800 yuan per person, and the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences will purchase the insurance uniformly. Please refer to www.insurance.com for details of insurance products.
(3) Duration of funding
Master's degree: 36 months (no extension);
Doctoral students: 36 months (can apply for an extension, the total funding period does not exceed 48 months).
(4) Application conditions
1. Non-Chinese nationality;
2. Educational background and age requirements:
- Applicants for a master's degree must have a degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree in China; No more than 35 years old;
- Applicants for a doctoral degree must have a degree or degree equivalent to that of a master's degree in China; No more than 40 years old.
3. Meet other admission requirements of international students (see the enrollment guide for details);
4. When applying for this scholarship, we did not accept any other scholarships, and we are not allowed to accept any other forms of scholarships during the period of this scholarship;
5. Guarantee full-time study during the period of this scholarship, and do not engage in other work.
(5) Application procedure and deadline
1. The applicant is determined to be qualified
The applicant should make sure that he meets the application conditions of this project, and contact and receive acceptance from a tutor of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. The information of tutors can be found on the English website of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. After the applicant finds a tutor who is in line with his research interest, he/she should send his/her resume, research plan, and other application-related materials to the tutor, and explain in the email that he/she wants to apply for the doctoral program.
2. Applicants submit an online application
- Log in to the scholarship online application system, fill in and submit the scholarship application information, and the system will automatically generate the "Chinese government scholarship application form", with the code of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences: 80001;
- Applicants should log in to the international student application system of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and complete the relevant application procedures according to the system prompts. The required materials are detailed in the various international student enrollment brochures.
3. Application deadline
March 31, 2021 (Beijing time)
(6) Other matters
1. In addition to the postgraduate program, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences also receives award-winning students from Chinese government scholarship country bilateral program, China EU student exchange program, and other programs. The application methods of these projects are detailed in the study on the China website.
2. Scholarship students should report for admission according to the date and place specified in the admission notice of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Those who fail to report on time shall ask for leave in advance and obtain the consent of the school.
3. The starting time of this scholarship is subject to the registration time specified in the admission notice.
4. After coming to China, scholarship students must abide by the laws and regulations of China, the regulations of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and training units, and participate in the qualification examination, annual evaluation, and other examinations and examinations on time. Otherwise, the scholarship will be suspended or canceled by the relevant regulations of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
5. The scientific research achievements and published papers of scholarship students during the funding period shall be signed by the University and training unit of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and marked with "funded by Chinese Government Scholarship".
(7) Contact information
Contact person: Xu Zijuan
Setting: International Student Office of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 80 Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100190
Tel. + 86 10 82674900
Fax + 86 10 82672900