Scholarship for international students
The University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences has set up scholarships to support foreign outstanding young people to come to the university to study for master's and doctor's degrees, as well as further study courses, academic visits, and special research, and to encourage foreign university graduate students to come to the university to study and joint training. This scholarship is divided into full scholarship and partial scholarship. The full scholarship includes tuition-free, living expenses, basic accommodation, and medical insurance. Some scholarships include one or more of the full scholarships. Since the 2016 academic year, the full scholarship is mainly used to support graduate students.
(2) Funding content and duration
1. Funding content
Tuition-free at National University of science and technology
Doctoral students are free of the tuition fee of RMB 40000 / academic year; Master's students are free of the tuition fee of RMB 30000 / academic year; Senior students are free of the tuition fee of RMB 3000 / month; The tuition fee is free of RMB 2600 per month for ordinary advanced students.
Provide scholarships and living expenses
The University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences provides scholarships for living expenses of 2000 yuan per month for masters and general advanced students, and 2500 yuan per month for doctoral, advanced, and joint training students. In addition, tutors and research institutes/colleges provide scholarships and grants according to the learning and scientific research situation of scholarship students, so that the total amount of scholarship living expenses enjoyed by master's students and ordinary further education students is not less than 3000 yuan/month; The total amount of scholarship living expenses for doctoral students, advanced students and joint training postgraduates shall not be less than 3500 yuan/month.
Provide basic accommodation
The University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences provides basic accommodation for the full amount of scholarship students enrolled by the Institute of Beijing area and the departments of the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, as well as the scholarship students from the Institute of foreign studies who participate in the centralized teaching. At the end of the intensive teaching, after the scholarship students return to the Institute, the Beijing International Research Institute will assist the scholarship students to solve the accommodation problem, and the scholarship students shall pay the accommodation fee according to the regulations of the Institute.
Comprehensive medical insurance
The insurance cost is 800 yuan per person for one year and 400 yuan per person for half a year. For details of insurance, please refer to the study abroad insurance website insurance products for international students in China.
2. Funding period (nonrenewable)
- Postgraduates: no more than 36 months;
- Doctoral candidates: no more than 36 months;
- Joint training of Postgraduates: 6-24 months;
- General and advanced students: 6-24 months.
(3) Application conditions
1. Meet the admission application qualifications of international students of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (see the enrollment profile of master's and doctoral programs for details);
2. Get the recommendation of tutor and Institute/College;
3. Correct attitude towards study and scientific research and excellent achievements;
4. No other scholarship was granted at the time of application;
5. Age requirement:
Postgraduates: born on or after January 1, 1991;
Doctoral candidates: born on or after January 1, 1986;
Joint training of Postgraduates: no age limit;
General refresher students: born on or after January 1, 1981;
Advanced student: born on or after January 1, 1976;
6. Proficient in English or Chinese: if the native language of the applicant is not English, it is required that: a) the main course of the undergraduate course should be taught in English and clearly marked on the transcript, or B) TOEFL score not less than 90 or IELTS score not less than 6.5, or C) new HSK level 5 (above 200 points);
7. Other requirements for joint training of Postgraduates:
The applicant must be a graduate student in a foreign university;
Foreign universities have signed relevant exchange and cooperation agreements with the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences / Research Institute;
Must register before November 2021;
The time of visiting the school or joint training shall not be less than 6 months.
8. Other requirements for advanced students:
Must register before November 2021;
The length of study shall not be less than 6 months.
Note: postgraduate students in China are not allowed to apply (except fresh graduates).
(4) Application steps
1. The applicant is determined to be qualified.
The applicant has read these measures carefully to make sure that he meets the application requirements of Article 3 of this scholarship. Applicants are required to contact and receive a tutor from the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The information of tutors can be found on the English website of the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. After finding a tutor who is in line with his or her research interests, the applicant should send his or her resume, research plan, and other application related materials to the tutor, and state in the email that he or she wants to apply for the master/doctor program of International Student Scholarship of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. After the online application of international students is approved by the training unit, the online application system will automatically send an email to the tutor, explaining the method of the tutor to log in to the online application system and the procedures to be completed. The tutor should log in to the system to review the application submitted by the applicant.
2. Applicants submit online applications for admission and scholarship
Applicants login to the international student application system of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and complete the online application and scholarship application procedures according to the system prompts. The required materials are detailed in the various international student enrollment brochures.
3. matters needing attention:
- All kinds of certificates and certificates uploaded must be original or notarized in Chinese or English. For documents in other languages, the original and notarized English or Chinese translation of the document shall be uploaded at the same time. Please use the scanner to upload the relevant documents after color scanning. The documents taken by mobile phone or camera are not accepted, and the copies are not accepted.
- In the process of reviewing the uploaded application materials, some applicants may be required to provide the original written version/notarized copy of the application materials or the certification documents issued by the designated certification body for further inspection. Applicants should ensure the authenticity and accuracy of the application information and materials provided, otherwise, they will be disqualified.
- If the application materials are incomplete or do not meet the requirements, and the information is wrong, they will not be accepted.
- Applicants are not allowed to submit application materials to two colleges/institutes at the same time, nor to apply for two or more tutors at the same time.
- Please choose your major and research direction carefully, and submit your application after communicating with your tutor. After admission, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences will not accept this type of change application.
- Applicants are not allowed to send paper application materials directly to the International Student Office of the National University of science and technology. No application materials will be returned.
- China Scholarship one, China one belt, one road international scientific organization alliance scholarship, and international student scholarship of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- In any case, the registration fee will not be refunded.
- Please prepare carefully. No application will be returned for amendment.
(5) Application deadline
March 31, 2021.
(6) Admission and enrollment
The University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences will review the application materials and select the best ones for funding and admission. The results of the application will generally be announced in May or June, Admission notice, scholarship funding certificate, and other relevant materials will be sent to the scholarship student through the training unit.
Scholarship students are requested to apply for the study visa in China at the embassy (consulate) of the country where the Chinese students are located by holding the ordinary passport used for the scholarship application, the letter of admission issued by the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the visa application form for foreign students studying in China, the physical examination records of foreigners and all the original medical examination reports. Please keep the original admission notice and JW202 / 201 form to apply for a residence permit. Please do not enter China without a visa or other types of visa.
(7) Other matters
1. Scholarship students should report for admission according to the date and place specified in the admission notice of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Those who fail to report on time shall ask for leave in advance and obtain the consent of the school
2. The funding period is subject to the learning time specified in the admission notice.
3. The retention period of scholarship qualification shall not exceed 2 months from the registration deadline.
4. The living expenses of the scholarship will be paid by the National University of science and technology every month from the date of admission. If the freshmen register before the 15th of the month (including the 15th), they will be given a full month scholarship and living expenses; Those who register after the 15th of that month will be given half a month's scholarship living expenses.
5. After coming to China, scholarship students must abide by the laws and regulations of China, the regulations of the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and training units, and participate in various examinations and examinations on time. Otherwise, the scholarship will be suspended or canceled following the relevant regulations of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
6. The scientific research achievements and published papers of scholarship students during the funding period shall be signed by the University and training unit of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and marked with "sponsored by UCAS scholarship for international students".
(8) Contact information
Address: 80 Zhongguancun East Road, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100190
Contact person: Hu Menglin