University of International Business and Economics-logo
University of International Business and Economics

HOME > Campuslife > Visa system

Visa system


1. According to the new entry-exit management law, visas related to international students are X1 and X2 visas.


2. Students who come to study in China need to hold an ordinary passport. Foreigners who study for more than six months (inclusive) should apply for an X1 study visa. For this visa, you need to submit the "Admission Notice" and "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" "(JW202 Form); those who study for less than six months can apply for an X2 visa.


3. Foreigners who come to China with an X1 visa should apply for a foreigner’s residence permit at the public security agency within 30 days of entry.


4. Foreign students applying for a residence permit must complete the following procedures:

(1) Passport and visa for inspection;

(2) Hold your passport, "Foreigner Visa Application Form", "Admission Notice", "Visa Application Form for Studying in China" (JW202 Form) provided by the school and issued by the Beijing Health and Quarantine Bureau, or obtained by the Beijing Health and Quarantine Bureau The verified "Physical Examination Form for Foreigners", the "Proof of Temporary Accommodation" on or off-campus, and two recent two-inch half-length frontal photos without a hat on a white background, apply for a residence permit at the Exit-Entry Administration of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.


5. X2 short-term study visa description:

(1) Applicants are suitable for studying in China for less than six months. Applicants do not need to be examined and generally allow one entry.

(2) Foreigners holding X2 visas who want to leave the country during the study period must apply to the public security organ for a visa to return to China before leaving the country, otherwise they will not be able to enter the country again.

(3) Visas for returning to China should be applied for 10 days before departure. When applying, you need to hold the "Foreigner Visa Application Form" stamped by your institution, and submit your passport and "Proof of Temporary Accommodation" on or off-campus for verification.

(4)The X2 visa is valid for up to six months, and 10 days before the expiration, you can go to the public security organ to apply for the extension procedure with the "Foreigner Visa Certificate Application Form" stamped with the school's official seal.


6. After obtaining the visa, please pay attention to the validity period of the visa and extend it in time. If you have any questions about the visa, please consult the school teacher or the public security agency. Expired visas are illegal, and offenders will be fined RMB 500 per day, detained for review, or deported.


7. When there are changes to the current address, school information and other items related to the visa, the public security agency should go through the change procedures in time.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat