Chinese Government Scholarship
(1) Scholarship introduction
"Chinese Government Scholarships" are full scholarships or partial scholarships provided by the Ministry of Education of China under educational exchange agreements or understandings signed with relevant national governments, institutions, schools, and relevant international organizations. The Ministry of Education of China has entrusted the China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as the "CSC") to be responsible for the enrollment of Chinese government scholarship international students and the management of daily affairs.
Foreign students who have received the "Chinese Government Scholarship" must participate in the annual scholarship review (April to May), fill in the "Chinese Government Scholarship Annual Review Form", and submit it to the International Student Center Office of the University of Science and Technology Beijing every April.
For more details of the "Chinese Government Scholarship",
please visit the website of the China Scholarship Council:
1. Chinese Government Scholarship-country award type A
Foreign students who intend to apply for the "Chinese Government Scholarship-Country Award" to study at the University of Science and Technology Beijing should apply to their country’s international student dispatching department of the Chinese embassy (consulate-general) in the country. The application time is generally the previous year. From January to April of the current year, the application time varies from country to country, so please check in advance. Welcome to contact us and apply for admission notice, And complete the application steps.
2. Chinese government scholarship-independent enrollment project type B
(2) Scholarship content
Tuition, on-campus dormitory, living expenses, medical insurance
Master: 2 or 3 years
Ph.D.: 4 years
Chinese tutoring: 1 year (for those who use Chinese to study but fail to meet the Chinese standard, they can apply for one year of Chinese study.)
(3) Eligibility for application
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2. Applicant's academic qualifications and age requirements:
1) Those who come to China to study for a master's degree must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
2) Those who come to China to study for a doctoral degree must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40;
3. Applicants must have a certain language foundation.
1) To apply for Chinese study, at least pass the HSK4 test;
2) To apply for English study (English unofficial language), IELTS 6 points, TOEFL 80 points transcripts, or other official English proficiency certificates are required.
(4) How to apply
1. Apply online;
2. Submit all application materials to the International Student Center;
Note: No matter whether you are admitted or not, the application materials and registration fee are not refundable.
(5) Application time
December 15 to April 15
(6) Application materials
All materials must be submitted in duplicate, one notarized original and one photocopy.
1." Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form";
2. Log in to the school registration system, fill in the information, pay the registration fee (600 yuan), and print the registration form;
3. Degree certificates (undergraduate, master) must be notarized originals in Chinese or English;
Note: Fresh graduates provide a pre-graduation certificate or a certificate of enrollment at the time of application. After being admitted, they must submit a degree certificate to obtain the admission qualification;
4. Transcripts (undergraduate, master), including all courses and transcripts, must be notarized originals in Chinese or English;
5. Personal statement (including research plan), 800 words or more for master's degree, 1,500 words or more for doctor's degree, written in Chinese or English;
6. Two letters of recommendation, provided by professors or associate professors, at least one familiar with the current major;
7. Proof of language proficiency:
a) Study in Chinese: Master HSK5, Ph.D. HSK6 (if HSK4 is provided, one year of Chinese tuition can be added);
b) Learning in English(English unofficial language), IELTS 6 points, TOEFL 80 points, or other official English proficiency certificates;
8. Copy of passport (ordinary passport);
9. Health certificate;
10. Instructor acceptance letter;
11. Catalogues and abstracts of published academic articles, and other original work results.
(7) Registration address
To: Teacher Liu
Address: Office 114, International Student Center, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 30 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China, 100083