University of Science and Technology of China-logo
University of Science and Technology of China

HOME > Scholarship > Master's Study Abroad Program Scholarship

Master's Study Abroad Program Scholarship



There are two levels of scholarships for the Master’s Study Abroad Program of the University of Science and Technology of China:

● First-class scholarship: provided by the Ministry of Education of China (Chinese Government Scholarship), Chinese Academy of Sciences (ANSO Scholarship) or University of Science and Technology of China, including tuition, comprehensive medical insurance, 3,000 yuan monthly stipend and accommodation subsidy;

● Second-class scholarship: Provided by the University of Science and Technology of China, including tuition, you can apply for a teaching assistant/research assistant subsidy after enrollment.

Scholarship applicants need to create an account on the application system of the University of Science and Technology of China and select the scholarship to apply for. Applicants can choose to apply for a certain level or apply for two levels of scholarships at the same time. The school will decide which level of scholarship to grant applicants based on the overall level of the applicant. Each applicant can only receive one scholarship in the end.


Application form

1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport and in good physical and mental health.

2. Applicants for the master's program must have a degree equivalent to that of a Chinese bachelor's degree.

* Freshmen can submit the pre-graduation certificate issued by their school to confirm that they have completed their studies and obtained their degree by July 2021.

3. Before September 1, 2021, applicants for master's scholarships should be under 35 years old.

4. Applicants who participate in the Chinese-taught master's program should pass the new HSK Level 4 or above; applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese, or those who can prove their high school or university's teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK exemption. Applicants for a master's program taught in English are required to provide proof of English proficiency.

5. Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of the University of Science and Technology of China.

6. Applicants are not allowed to study or work in other institutions during the period of the scholarship.

Application time: December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021


Application Guide

1. Create an account in the online application system.

2. Fill in all the information and upload the files as required.

* Please pay attention to check the e-mail address used to log in to the online application system in order to be informed of important notices in time about supplementary submission of application materials, notification of online interviews and other information.

* There is no need to contact the tutor during the application process. The International College will send the application materials to the department responsible for the online interview, and the department will match the mentor for the applicants who pass the online interview (provided that the online application must be completed).


Application materials

1. Copy of passport (ordinary passport, valid for more than one year)

2. Research plan (not less than 800 words)

3. Resume

4. Two recommendation letters issued by professors or associate professors (with telephone number and email address)

5. "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (download in the attachment)

6. Applicants participating in Chinese-taught programs must provide a copy of HSK Level 4 or above certificate, or provide other Chinese proficiency certificates; applicants participating in English-taught programs must provide a copy of valid IELTS or TOEFL scores, or provide other English Proof of proficiency (except for applicants whose native language is English)

7. Copy of bachelor's degree and master's degree (if any) certificates and transcripts certified by the Ministry of Education or equivalent institutions in the country/region where the applicant is located


* Freshman applicants must provide official documents to prove their student status and specify when they can obtain a degree certificate;

* If the applicant has graduated but has not yet obtained a degree certificate, an official document must be provided, explaining the reason and clearly when the degree certificate can be obtained;

* If the applicant is an on-the-job employee, he must provide a formal on-the-job certificate and a certificate that agrees to leave the job for further study.

※ If the above materials are not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be provided.

※ All application materials will not be returned.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Wechat