Ph.D. Study Abroad Program Scholarship
The University of Science and Technology of China doctoral study abroad scholarship is divided into three levels:
● First-class scholarship: provided by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ANSO scholarship), including: tuition, comprehensive medical insurance and a bursary of up to RMB 7000 per month;
● Second-class scholarship: provided by the Ministry of Education of China (Chinese Government Scholarship) or the University of Science and Technology of China, including: tuition, comprehensive medical insurance, a monthly bursary of RMB 3,500 and accommodation subsidies;
● Third-class scholarship: Provided by the University of Science and Technology of China, including: tuition, after enrollment, you can apply for teaching assistant/research assistant subsidy.
Scholarship applicants need to create an account on the application system of the University of Science and Technology of China and select the scholarship to apply for. Applicants can choose to apply for a certain level, or apply for all three levels of scholarship at the same time. The school will decide which level of scholarship to grant applicants based on the overall level of the applicant. Each applicant can only receive one scholarship in the end.
1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport and in good physical and mental health.
2. Applicants for the Ph.D. program must have a degree equivalent to that of a Chinese master's degree.
* Freshmen can submit the pre-graduation certificate issued by their school to confirm that they have completed their studies and obtained their degree by July 2021.
3. Before September 1, 2021, applicants for first-class doctoral scholarships should be under 35 years old, and applicants for second- and third-class doctoral scholarships should be under 40 years old.
4. Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of the University of Science and Technology of China.
5. Applicants are not allowed to study or work in other institutions during the period of the scholarship.
● Applicants who are currently studying for a doctorate degree in a Chinese institution of higher learning are not eligible to apply for the first-class scholarship of the Doctoral Study Abroad Program of the University of Science and Technology of China.
● Applicants for the first-class scholarship of the Ph.D. Study Abroad Program of the University of Science and Technology of China cannot apply for the ANSO Scholarship of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences at the same time. Applicants can only choose a tutor from one of the two universities, University of Science and Technology of China and University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, to apply.
Application time: December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021
1. Create an account in the online application system.
2. Fill in all the information and upload the files as required.
* Please pay attention to check the e-mail address used to log in to the online application system in order to be informed of important notices in time about supplementary submission of application materials, notification of online interviews and other information.
* There is no need to contact the tutor during the application process. The International College will send the application materials to the department responsible for the online interview, and the department will match the mentor for the applicants who pass the online interview (provided that the online application must be completed).
1. Copy of passport (ordinary passport, valid for more than one year)
2. Research plan (not less than 800 words)
4. Two recommendation letters issued by professors or associate professors (with telephone number and email address)
5. "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (download in the attachment)
6. Applicants participating in Chinese-taught programs must provide a copy of HSK Level 4 or above certificate, or provide other Chinese proficiency certificates; applicants participating in English-taught programs must provide a copy of valid IELTS or TOEFL scores, or provide other English Proof of proficiency (except for applicants whose native language is English)
7. Copy of bachelor's degree and master's degree (if any) certificates and transcripts certified by the Ministry of Education or equivalent institutions in the country/region where the applicant is located
* Freshman applicants must provide official documents to prove their student status and specify when they can obtain a degree certificate;
* If the applicant has graduated but has not yet obtained a degree certificate, an official document must be provided, explaining the reason and clearly when the degree certificate can be obtained;
* If the applicant is an on-the-job employee, he must provide a formal on-the-job certificate and a certificate that agrees to leave the job for further study.
※ If the above materials are not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be provided.
※ All application materials will not be returned