Undergraduate Study Abroad Program Scholarship
There are two levels of scholarships for undergraduate study abroad programs at the University of Science and Technology of China:
● First-class scholarship: provided by the University of Science and Technology of China, including tuition, comprehensive medical insurance, 2500 yuan per month bursary and accommodation subsidies;
● Second-class scholarship: provided by the University of Science and Technology of China, including tuition.
Scholarship applicants need to create an account on the application system of the University of Science and Technology of China and select the scholarship to apply for. Applicants can choose to apply for a certain level or apply for two levels of scholarships at the same time. The school will decide which level of scholarship to grant applicants based on the overall level of the applicant. Each applicant can only receive one scholarship in the end.
1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport and in good physical and mental health.
2. Applicants should pass the new HSK level 5 or above. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese, or those who can prove that the teaching language of their high school is Chinese, can apply for HSK exemption.
3. Applicants from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan must obtain current foreign citizenship before April 30, 2016. In addition, the applicant must have lived abroad for at least 2 years between April 30, 2016 and April 30, 2021 (a year of residence for more than 9 months abroad can be considered as one year).
4. The conditions stipulated in Jiaowaihan  No. 12 (Annex 1) of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China shall be met.
5. Applicants should obtain a high school diploma equivalent to a Chinese high school diploma by July 2021.
6. Before September 1, 2021, applicants for undergraduate study abroad program scholarships should be under 30 years old.
※ The applicant must not be a Chinese university student at the time of application;
※ Freshmen need to submit the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school to confirm that they have completed their studies and obtained their degree by July 2021.
※ Applicants who have received other Chinese scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year cannot apply for this scholarship.
Application time: December 1, 2020-March 31, 2021
1. Create an account in the online application system.
2. Fill in all the information and upload the files as required.
* Please pay attention to check the e-mail address used to log in to the online application system in order to be informed of important notices in time about supplementary submission of application materials, notification of online interviews and other information.
1. Application form for international students (undergraduate) (Annex 2)
2. Copy of passport (if any, please copy the page of Chinese visa or residence permit at the same time)
3. A notarized copy of the high school graduation certificate and transcript. If the applicant is a fresh high school graduate who graduated in July 2021, he should provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by the high school (if admitted, the applicant needs to provide the high school at the time of registration Original graduation certificate and transcript)
4. A copy of the new HSK Level 5 certificate and transcript (if admitted, applicants need to provide the original certificate and transcript when registering), or other documents that can prove that their high school is taught in Chinese
5. "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (Attachment 3)
6. High school recommendation letter (original, in Chinese or English)
7. Applicants who are under the age of 18 by September 1, 2021 should submit a guardian declaration (Annex 4). The guardian must be in Hefei and have a stable source of life while studying at the Chinese University of Science and Technology
8. Applicants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who want to immigrate overseas should submit the following documents if they want to apply for the international student program: ①Immigration certificate; ②Resignation of Chinese nationality certificate; ③April 30, 2016 to March 2021 Copy of passport page with customs stamp (entry-exit) during the period of 15th; ④ Proof of residence abroad from April 30, 2016 to March 15, 2021 (at least 2 years)
※ If the materials are not in Chinese or English, a notarized Chinese or English translation must be provided.
※ Application materials will not be returned.