Colleges and majors
1. The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport, be physically and mentally healthy, and have obtained a high school graduation certificate.
2. Applicants should pass the new HSK level 5 or above. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese, or those who can prove that the teaching language of their high school is Chinese, can apply for HSK exemption.
3. Applicants from the mainland of the motherland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan must obtain current foreign citizenship before April 30, 2016, if they want to apply for this international student program. In addition, the applicant must have lived abroad for at least 2 years between April 30, 2016, and April 30, 2021 (a year of residence for more than 9 months abroad can be considered as one year).
4. The conditions stipulated in Jiaowaihan  No. 12 (Annex 1) of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China shall be met.
|1. Online application||December 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021|
|2. Online interview||April or May|
|3. Admission||June or July|
1. Online application
1.1 Create an account in the online application system
1.2 Fill in all the information and upload files as required
- Application form for international students (undergraduate) (Annex 2)
- Copy of passport (if any, please copy the page of Chinese visa or residence permit at the same time)
- A notarized copy of the high school graduation certificate and transcript. If the applicant is a fresh high school graduate who graduated in July 2021, he should provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by the high school (if admitted, the applicant needs to provide the high school at the time of registration Original graduation certificate and transcript)
- A copy of the new HSK Level 5 certificate and transcript (if admitted, applicants need to provide the original certificate and transcript when registering), or other documents that can prove that their high school is taught in Chinese
- "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" (Attachment 3)
- High school recommendation letter (original, in Chinese or English)
- Applicants who are under the age of 18 by September 1, 2021, should submit a guardian declaration (Annex 4). The guardian must be in Hefei and have a stable source of life while studying at the Chinese University of Science and Technology
- Applicants from the mainland of the motherland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who immigrate overseas should submit the following documents if they want to apply for the international student program: Immigration certificate; Certificate of renunciation of Chinese nationality; April 30, 2016, to March 2021 Copy of passport page with customs stamp (entry-exit) during the period of 15th; Proof of residence abroad from April 30, 2016, to March 15, 2021 (at least 2 years)
In addition to the above application materials, the University of Science and Technology of China may also require applicants to provide supplementary materials, which should be submitted in cooperation.
2. Written interview
2.1 Written exam
After the online application materials are reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive a written examination notice. The content of the written examination is Chinese, mathematics, and comprehensive science (including physics, chemistry and biology). The written test is usually held in April or May, and the specific time and location will be notified separately.
Applicants who pass the material review and meet the following conditions can be exempted from the written test:
Applicants who pass the written test or meet the exemption requirements will participate in the interview. The specific time, place and format of the interview will be notified separately.
The school will comprehensively evaluate the applicant's academic performance (written test scores or SAT/IB/GCE A-Level/ACT scores), interview scores, qualification certificates and other related materials, and give the final admission results.
Those who are admitted will receive the admission notice and the "Visa Application Form for Foreigners Studying in China" (JW202). Candidates should bring their original passports, admission notice, "Visa Application Form" (JW202), "Foreigner Physical Examination Form" and other original medical certificates to apply for a student visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in their country ( X1 visa).
Admitted persons should register at the University of Science and Technology of China on the date specified in the admission notice and the above-mentioned documents. Candidates must enter China with ordinary passports and X1 visas.
Fees and scholarships
1. Tuition: RMB 26,000 per academic year
2. Insurance fee: RMB 800 per academic year
3. On-campus accommodation fees: depending on the room type and size, ranging from 500 yuan to 1,000 yuan per month
4. Excellent applicants can apply for the University of Science and Technology of China Scholarship, which includes tuition, insurance, monthly stipends of RMB 2500 and accommodation subsidies. Applicants can log in to the online application system to apply. For more information, please refer to the following link: 2021 USTC Scholarship Program: http://ic.ustc.edu.cn/v7info.php?Nav_x=17
5. Excellent applicants can also apply for Chinese government scholarships through the local Chinese embassy or consulate. Applicants can apply for pre-admission to the University of Science and Technology of China with the scholarship support certificate issued by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate (please send the scholarship support certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org). The formal admission documents will be sent out after the applicants receive the Chinese government scholarship. For details, please consult the local Chinese embassy or consulate, or refer to the following link: http://campuschina.org/